Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:58 PM

9 posts, read 18,391 times

Advertisements

And Whats That ????? Here We Go Again Look At All The Americans On Welfare
Lets Not Point Finger .......

Old 12-11-2007, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,859 times
My response is :
WOULD YOU PERSONALLY GO AND WASH DISHES FOR $20/HR?

Old 12-11-2007, 11:08 PM

694 posts, read 2,652,056 times
I love to hear tough rhetoric !!
PLEASE lets not stop with fixing the illegal issues.
I would love to see an end to ALL government handouts.
Lets be honest too many American citizens have been abusing the system.
( I can't say trash anymore because they find it offensive )
My main problem with illegals is the 2nd generation.
They grow up with little of the ambition that brought their parents here.
In fact they have an attitude of entitlement and resentment.

We all have to pay our dues.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:23 PM

3 posts, read 6,859 times
also what pisses me of is generalization. u talk like all the immigrants are the same and just distinguish legal vs illegal. Legal=good guys, illegal=bad guys.
so freakin easy

Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
the 2nd generation.
They grow up with little of the ambition that brought their parents here.
In fact they have an attitude of entitlement and resentment.
None of the studies or census material backs that up,

....in short, it's unfounded.

Study any of the reputable reports and you find that second generation immigrants, whether their parents were legal or not, are more motivated, more eager to assimilate, better versed in English, have lower crime rates than so-called regular citizens, ....in almost any category you choose to measure, they do extremely well.

But I suspect you have some credible sources to back up your claim to the contrary, ....no?

Old 12-12-2007, 12:13 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Well my top reason is, they broke the law. If they want to come to the United States, let them come legally and they will be welcomed

Another problem I have with illegals, is the terrible financial drain on American taxpayers - it is unfair to those here legally

There are more reasons but, these are my top two

Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 AM

694 posts, read 2,652,056 times
Quote:

Study any of the reputable reports and you find that second generation immigrants, whether their parents were legal or not, are more motivated, more eager to assimilate, better versed in English, have lower crime rates than so-called regular citizens, ....in almost any category you choose to measure, they do extremely well.

But I suspect you have some credible sources to back up your claim to the contrary, ....no?

You bet, my own two eyes.
Up until last year I have lived over 40 years between Chicago and
San Diego area. Some of my family is Mexican American.
I'm not some bigot. I just call it like I see it.
Any one can spin numbers. Obviously some do great....
others fall victim to the same " I want it now " affliction
all parents have to deal with.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:11 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Memo to the pro illegal crowd: close and lock the borders by whatever means necessary, deport the ones here, eliminate the Anchor Baby loophole then maybe us Gringos will consider letting a few in via guest worker programs.

Or; if using Mexico as an example, they can give us-------no strings attached------10% of their territory in return for us giving amnesty for the Mexican illegal immigrants. Nuevo Leon or Baja California would work nicely.

Besides; where is the 'reconquista' rage against Guatemala, etc. for their no longer being a part of Mexico?

Too; Mexico was not truly independent till 1867 when the French left which was after the Mexican-American War.

Final point; if the MEChA and friends are so 'Mexica' loving, what about kicking out those Latinos of Spanish lineage--------and, banning the use of Spanish?

No boys and girls; it all comes down to the money---------race and ethnicity both take a back seat here.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:11 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post

Please provide credible sources to back up your claims.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Please provide credible sources to back up your claims.
After you, andreabeth, ....otherwise look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration