U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:04 PM

358 posts, read 332,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puki View Post
An article from 1999 no longer contains relevant information for 2010-2011, but nice try.

$68 American dollars is very different than $680 Mexican pesos. That's like comparing the dollar to a British pound. You need more dollars to pay for the same thing you can get in America but because of the exchange rate (which is currently 1 pound to 1.45 American dollars) you are going to pay a lot more for that item in England. 68 British pounds equals 98 American dollars. That's not good for the American, now is it? But if it makes your life more convenient, go ahead and ignore exchange rates and costs of goods in other countries. I don't make up expenses or exchange rates.

Like I already said, bringing American money to most other countries is going to get you a hell of a deal on basically anything you want. But until you work somewhere where your money is much more difficulty earned, and this can include people in America who were born and raised here, then your small minds will never understand the plight of other people in other countries and even here in your blessed ol' USA.

You all cry out about helping "your own", yet you are most likely vehemently opposed to better health care for the less advantaged (and only US citizens as the health care reform bill excludes illegal immigrants), good public education for kids, cheaper college tuition costs, don't care that despite the bad economy the US continues to outsource the majority of its business so Americans are out of jobs, local and community outreaches that help the less advantaged regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, legal status, etc because none of those issues affect you personally.

Instead you sit there in your cushy yet dead end mid-level management job, in your 7 x 7 office with no windows and cast judgment on those less advantaged than you whether they are American or not. I hope that all the judgment you cast on others less fortunate comes back to you tenfold.

Good luck with your ignorance and your "me first, eff everyone else" attitude because when you need help the most, help won't be there. That attitude isolates you more than you can realize until you need someone there for you and they won't be. It is unfortunate that people like you have to learn the hard way. I predict that even in your misfortune you will still find someone else to blame for your problems and instead of learning from your circumstances, you perpetuate them.

In the meantime, maybe you can send a hateful email to your congresspeople about changing current immigration laws and birth right citizenship. After all, you are the people that elected these officials to office. Might as well take advantage of that cushy life you have and put your negative energy into something that is maybe kind of productive rather than stewing in your apathy with other miserable strangers on a message board.

It has been great!
You just don't get it. EVERY ISSUE you talked about affects Americans, and you forget who is footing the bill!! America CANNOT AFFORD to take care of Mexico's poor, or the poor of the world for that matter! How hard is that to understand? Think about how much better our public education system would be if we got rid of illegal immigrant students, and the parents having anchor babies while in the United States illegally! In 2004 12 billion dollars were spent educating illegal immigrant children, 24 billion counting anchor babies. Imagine class sizes and expense per pupil if that money was saved! But it's ok by your standards.. because they are less fortunate and we have to sacrifice our quality of life for their failed countries. The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): Breaking the Piggy Bank: How Illegal Immigration is Sending Schools Into the Red (Updated 2005) (http://www.fairus.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=17193&security=1601&news _iv_ctrl=1901 - broken link) Anyone here on C-D that has become successful in life through hard work, education, etc has the RIGHT to be unhappy with the current events in our country, those are the people paying the bills!!! oh yeah, I call B.S. on your husband cutting his finger at work, and having to go to the hospital and foot the bill. His employer is liable for that 100%- only someone of extreme ignorance would pay that bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 03:15 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
An article from 1999 no longer contains relevant information for 2010-2011, but nice try.

$68 American dollars is very different than $680 Mexican pesos. That's like comparing the dollar to a British pound. You need more dollars to pay for the same thing you can get in America but because of the exchange rate (which is currently 1 pound to 1.45 American dollars) you are going to pay a lot more for that item in England. 68 British pounds equals 98 American dollars. That's not good for the American, now is it? But if it makes your life more convenient, go ahead and ignore exchange rates and costs of goods in other countries. I don't make up expenses or exchange rates.

Like I already said, bringing American money to most other countries is going to get you a hell of a deal on basically anything you want. But until you work somewhere where your money is much more difficulty earned, and this can include people in America who were born and raised here, then your small minds will never understand the plight of other people in other countries and even here in your blessed ol' USA.

You all cry out about helping "your own", yet you are most likely vehemently opposed to better health care for the less advantaged (and only US citizens as the health care reform bill excludes illegal immigrants), good public education for kids, cheaper college tuition costs, don't care that despite the bad economy the US continues to outsource the majority of its business so Americans are out of jobs, local and community outreaches that help the less advantaged regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, legal status, etc because none of those issues affect you personally.

Instead you sit there in your cushy yet dead end mid-level management job, in your 7 x 7 office with no windows and cast judgment on those less advantaged than you whether they are American or not. I hope that all the judgment you cast on others less fortunate comes back to you tenfold.

Good luck with your ignorance and your "me first, eff everyone else" attitude because when you need help the most, help won't be there. That attitude isolates you more than you can realize until you need someone there for you and they won't be. It is unfortunate that people like you have to learn the hard way. I predict that even in your misfortune you will still find someone else to blame for your problems and instead of learning from your circumstances, you perpetuate them.

In the meantime, maybe you can send a hateful email to your congresspeople about changing current immigration laws and birth right citizenship. After all, you are the people that elected these officials to office. Might as well take advantage of that cushy life you have and put your negative energy into something that is maybe kind of productive rather than stewing in your apathy with other miserable strangers on a message board.

It has been great!
Yes it's been great but you still don't get it. The USA cannot be the only great country in the world where the entire population of the world can expect to simply move to.

At some point, people in other countries must force through reforms and improve their countries for their fellow people. Like or not the solution is not to bring every person to the USA and deny Americans a plush college education that if given free of charge to every non-American.

You don't consider the millions of high school graduates that are American citizens, have no other country and will not be getting a free ride to college. And you should consider that Mexico is not a poor country at all, it's among the world's wealthiest nations, it has fine universities, very low tuition costs. If you think your own country is a terrible place, it's your duty to change it but fleeing and demanding handouts in the USA accomplishes nothing for your own country.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:21 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
Quote:

It has been great!
Either you cannot or will not distinguish between Illegal Aliens and American citizens. I gladly pay for Americans to take advantage of all those programs designed for the poor.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:30 PM

11,963 posts, read 6,584,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Either you cannot or will not distinguish between Illegal Aliens and American citizens. I gladly pay for Americans to take advantage of all those programs designed for the poor.
This poster married someone who had been an illegal in the U.S. at one time. They likely are biased due to personal experiences.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:02 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,181,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This poster married someone who had been an illegal in the U.S. at one time. They likely are biased due to personal experiences.
True. Thus the extreme bias. Combine that with a liberal mindset...*shudder*

Her creditably rating is zero. I view her posts as a raving lunatic shouting from a straitjacket. Pay no heed to this member.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 AM

Default Dreamie - this one took entitlement too far

FOXNews.com - Undocumented Harvard student says he faces deportation to Mexico after trying to board plane

So he was using fake documents from Mexico? It's that easy to get a fake passport?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:36 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,089,772 times
unless there is a second lying harvard educated dreamie running around, this topic is already in the Fourm...

Another lying Dreamie kid

Old 06-14-2010, 08:38 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
These La Raza types do distinguish. You'll never hear them crying about the American child who dreamed of going to Harvard but instead ended up attending a state university. How many millions of American students aren't getting a free ride to Harvard? Do they care? Of course they don't.

All their concern is on the illegals who must have every dream fullfilled. They are to be given the free ride to any university they choose and screw the American chumps, they are nothing, of no concern.

They want all the handouts for themselves. Everything for La Raza.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:19 PM

Oh look, another view and more data on it.

‘My Spirits Have Been Broken,’ Says Harvard Student Facing Deportation | WBUR

Old 06-14-2010, 06:42 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,181,447 times
Quote:
Quote:
“I know (America’s) history, I don’t even know Mexico’s history. This would be a mistake to deport me because I’m one of (the Americans),” Balderas said.
Oh, really? TSA tried to find proof; guess what? You aren't an American! Not in the slightest.

Quote:
These are relevant issues. I also took a look at Eric’s Facebook page. He is a fan of a page devoted to Mexico’s soccer team in the World Cup. He claims no allegiance to Mexico, yet he is rooting for Mexico, not the U.S., in the World Cup. Not particularly relevant perhaps, but interesting. He wants us to see him as an American, but he roots for Mexico? Curious.
Curious, indeed.

Quote:
In any other country in the world, this young man would already have been put on a plane back to his home country. It is only because the U.S. has such lax enforcement of immigration laws that this young man is now free and at liberty to stay in the U.S. and raise all sorts of (surely baseless) legal arguments to prolong his unlawful presence in the U.S.
How true. If only this country would bother to enforce the existing laws in place, and rigorously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration