U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Reputation: 22159

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
This is a huge problem in AZ. The unlicensed contractor who is an illegal alien is untouchable. The govt passes the buck and won't do anything. I called the AZ Registrar of Contractors to file a complaint about an unlicicensed contractor, the ROC can't do anything because he isn't licensed. I called the sheriffs department, the evil but great Sheriff Joe Arpaio, and they won't even call me back. I've sent copies of their advertisements to he attorney general and received nothing.

These guys have it made. They can do a crap job and the customer will never be able to get a hold of them again. If they do get in trouble the company name changes and it all starts over. You can't sue them the authorities won't or can't do anything. The only option we have is to get these cheap a--holes to stop hiring them.
It's a huge problem here too - a lot of people have been conned out of good money for landscaping and roofing and other contract work. It's common for people to think they're saving a lot of money by hiring what they know are illegals but the guy will tell them he needs money to get started, the sucker hands over thousands of dollars in cash and never sees the illegal contractor again. One of my neighbors not only handed over money but the keys to two good trucks and never saw his trucks, his money, or the contractors again.

What's pathetic is that there recently was a warning put out advising people to go with licensed, bonded, reputable contractors to avoid being scammed and the La Raza types said that advice is racist against Mexicans, nevermind that since this is a hispanic dominated region, most licensed legitimate contractors are hispanic, it's racist against illegals.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's a huge problem here too - a lot of people have been conned out of good money for landscaping and roofing and other contract work. It's common for people to think they're saving a lot of money by hiring what they know are illegals but the guy will tell them he needs money to get started, the sucker hands over thousands of dollars in cash and never sees the illegal contractor again. One of my neighbors not only handed over money but the keys to two good trucks and never saw his trucks, his money, or the contractors again.

What's pathetic is that there recently was a warning put out advising people to go with licensed, bonded, reputable contractors to avoid being scammed and the La Raza types said that advice is racist against Mexicans, nevermind that since this is a hispanic dominated region, most licensed legitimate contractors are hispanic, it's racist against illegals.
When in doubt use the race card must be a standard play in the pro-illegal game book.
How is advising people to used licensed contractors racist? We will need a craig super computer to crunch that one.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 AM
 
364 posts, read 184,589 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's a huge problem here too - a lot of people have been conned out of good money for landscaping and roofing and other contract work. It's common for people to think they're saving a lot of money by hiring what they know are illegals but the guy will tell them he needs money to get started, the sucker hands over thousands of dollars in cash and never sees the illegal contractor again. One of my neighbors not only handed over money but the keys to two good trucks and never saw his trucks, his money, or the contractors again.

What's pathetic is that there recently was a warning put out advising people to go with licensed, bonded, reputable contractors to avoid being scammed and the La Raza types said that advice is racist against Mexicans, nevermind that since this is a hispanic dominated region, most licensed legitimate contractors are hispanic, it's racist against illegals.
maybe la raza hates chicanos
when an ilegal alien works for les money
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
 
Location: state of procrastination
3,487 posts, read 6,130,858 times
Reputation: 2883
Looks like a D-bag, smells like a D-bag. I wonder why he didn't just apply for a work permit in the first place? What a D-bag.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 PM
 
13 posts, read 55,352 times
Reputation: 19
Even with a different or fake social security number, they DO pay taxes. There is an ITIN issued at or before tax time that is sent in with the fake social they used in order for them to be allowed to pay taxes. With an ITIN issued by the IRS it does not make them legal to work, but it allows them to get a loan for a house, open a bank account and pay taxes. (Individual Tax Identification Number). Of course they do not give this number to employers as they would not hire them, so they have their taxes paid into a ghost fake social security number, then at tax time, they file with their issued ITIN number in place of their social and send in the W2 to show that is the fake social they have been paying into or need to pay into. This is perfectly ok with IRS as they are not allowed to share information with third parties unless in a severe criminal investigation. They are not eligible for EIC and certain non-refundable tax credits with an ITIN like we are, and their fake socials would never be passed off by the IRS to issue tax credit refunds. It would decline and tell them to apply for an ITIN when filing their taxes. Many times social security tax, medicare and federal and state taxes has been paid into fake social security numbers and the person does not apply for a refund if due....where does all that money go?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Missouri
406 posts, read 417,308 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxgirl10 View Post
Even with a different or fake social security number, they DO pay taxes. There is an ITIN issued at or before tax time that is sent in with the fake social they used in order for them to be allowed to pay taxes. With an ITIN issued by the IRS it does not make them legal to work, but it allows them to get a loan for a house, open a bank account and pay taxes. (Individual Tax Identification Number). Of course they do not give this number to employers as they would not hire them, so they have their taxes paid into a ghost fake social security number, then at tax time, they file with their issued ITIN number in place of their social and send in the W2 to show that is the fake social they have been paying into or need to pay into. This is perfectly ok with IRS as they are not allowed to share information with third parties unless in a severe criminal investigation. They are not eligible for EIC and certain non-refundable tax credits with an ITIN like we are, and their fake socials would never be passed off by the IRS to issue tax credit refunds. It would decline and tell them to apply for antaxes ITIN when filing their taxes. Many times social security tax, medicare and federal and state taxes has been paid into fake social security numbers and the person does not apply for a refund if due....where does all that money go?

If you ask the illegals around here if they pay taxes they say yes, "I pay them every time I go to the store". Quotation because I have actually heard that come out of someones mouth. They don't pay anything in income or sales taxon their jobs around here. The companies will 1099 them. For those who are on their own they have the customer write a check to them or pay cash. None of the illegal contractors pay taxes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 09:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,692,325 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxgirl10 View Post
Even with a different or fake social security number, they DO pay taxes. There is an ITIN issued at or before tax time that is sent in with the fake social they used in order for them to be allowed to pay taxes. With an ITIN issued by the IRS it does not make them legal to work, but it allows them to get a loan for a house, open a bank account and pay taxes. (Individual Tax Identification Number). Of course they do not give this number to employers as they would not hire them, so they have their taxes paid into a ghost fake social security number, then at tax time, they file with their issued ITIN number in place of their social and send in the W2 to show that is the fake social they have been paying into or need to pay into. This is perfectly ok with IRS as they are not allowed to share information with third parties unless in a severe criminal investigation. They are not eligible for EIC and certain non-refundable tax credits with an ITIN like we are, and their fake socials would never be passed off by the IRS to issue tax credit refunds. It would decline and tell them to apply for an ITIN when filing their taxes. Many times social security tax, medicare and federal and state taxes has been paid into fake social security numbers and the person does not apply for a refund if due....where does all that money go?
You DO realize that those fake Social Security numbers likely belong to some American citizen who is going to find themselves in a sh*t load of trouble with the IRS....right?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 06:20 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxgirl10 View Post
Even with a different or fake social security number, they DO pay taxes. There is an ITIN issued at or before tax time that is sent in with the fake social they used in order for them to be allowed to pay taxes. With an ITIN issued by the IRS it does not make them legal to work, but it allows them to get a loan for a house, open a bank account and pay taxes. (Individual Tax Identification Number). Of course they do not give this number to employers as they would not hire them, so they have their taxes paid into a ghost fake social security number, then at tax time, they file with their issued ITIN number in place of their social and send in the W2 to show that is the fake social they have been paying into or need to pay into. This is perfectly ok with IRS as they are not allowed to share information with third parties unless in a severe criminal investigation. They are not eligible for EIC and certain non-refundable tax credits with an ITIN like we are, and their fake socials would never be passed off by the IRS to issue tax credit refunds. It would decline and tell them to apply for an ITIN when filing their taxes. Many times social security tax, medicare and federal and state taxes has been paid into fake social security numbers and the person does not apply for a refund if due....where does all that money go?
No they do not pay taxes, not social security taxes when they work as independent contractors. There is nothing making them send it in at all.

They could use the ITIN number but they don't use it to send taxes in. Even those who are employed by someone often don't pay taxes because there is no real reason the employer is going to send them in even if they deduct them from the illegals' paychecks because who would know? Citizens get that statement from Social Security, illegals wouldn't and there would be no way to report that the money was sent or not.

Yes illegals sometimes pay state sales taxes. That's about it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
If you ask the illegals around here if they pay taxes they say yes, "I pay them every time I go to the store". Quotation because I have actually heard that come out of someones mouth. They don't pay anything in income or sales taxon their jobs around here. The companies will 1099 them. For those who are on their own they have the customer write a check to them or pay cash. None of the illegal contractors pay taxes.
Yes - you actually know. Illegals here are saving their Walmart receipts to provide proof they paid their taxes when the big amnesty arrives. They aren't paying FICA or Social Security taxes at all. I suspect most don't even know about those taxes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,396 posts, read 8,354,967 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
yup
that ilegal need to go home
IA go home and join ET
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top