U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 07:39 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes - you actually know. Illegals here are saving their Walmart receipts to provide proof they paid their taxes when the big amnesty arrives. They aren't paying FICA or Social Security taxes at all. I suspect most don't even know about those taxes.
I don't think the feds are going to be interested in any sales tax paid. Paying back taxes to gain amnesty means anything associated with income taxes. Are the illegals really that dumb?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 AM

32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't think the feds are going to be interested in any sales tax paid. Paying back taxes to gain amnesty means anything associated with income taxes. Are the illegals really that dumb?
They don't need to be smart they have hundreds of advocates that will iron out the devious theft wrinkles for them.

Their motto; JUST SHOW UP.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:03 PM

406 posts, read 417,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes - you actually know. Illegals here are saving their Walmart receipts to provide proof they paid their taxes when the big amnesty arrives. They aren't paying FICA or Social Security taxes at all. I suspect most don't even know about those taxes.

I own a decorative concrete company in Phoenix and some of my employees are anchor babies. Those guys do have a lot of relatives who are illegals, or as they call them "*******s". I've been asked every question on behalf of the illegals and you can't imagine how sheltered in their own culture they are. The odd part is that the illegal relatives are my competitors in business, they do the entire job for what I pay my employees in labor. If someone complains they just change their companies name which entails printing different business cards and changing their craigslist ad. I know way too much about the life of illegals in Arizona, but I do have to know what I'm up against. Don't ever trust your contractors since its so easy to check up on them. If nobody uses the unlicensed illegals we won't have this problem.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:33 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're assuming the federal government would really be honest about having them pay taxes. It sure wasn't honest with the requirements back in the 1980s when the amnesty was filled with fraud, and the government knew it.

Back then it was pretty much "come on over!!" and anyone who did was handed the amnesty.

Very likely a couple Walmart receipts will be all that is needed to show the illegal paid some taxes.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:39 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
I own a decorative concrete company in Phoenix and some of my employees are anchor babies. Those guys do have a lot of relatives who are illegals, or as they call them "*******s". I've been asked every question on behalf of the illegals and you can't imagine how sheltered in their own culture they are. The odd part is that the illegal relatives are my competitors in business, they do the entire job for what I pay my employees in labor. If someone complains they just change their companies name which entails printing different business cards and changing their craigslist ad. I know way too much about the life of illegals in Arizona, but I do have to know what I'm up against. Don't ever trust your contractors since its so easy to check up on them. If nobody uses the unlicensed illegals we won't have this problem.
Yes - but you can't trust just the fact that someone has a green card. They sell those over and over - one guy here is a disabled green card holder, by his own admission, he's sold his green card at least 6 times, all he has to do is sell it which he does when he runs out of beer money, report it lost or stolen and the replacement arrives within a week.

Many green card holders have green cards that don't match their real names.

There is a lot of the name changing of companies that goes on here - they can just start over again when word spreads of shoddy work or failure to finish a job. Many probably first intend to do the work - they'll ask for money up front and people give it to them. Then they might show up a couple times and make a little effort but something else comes up and they lose interest in the job - or they're off finding new business because they need more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or