U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:11 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times

Advertisements

ID cards a bad idea.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ration-debate/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 04:17 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,465,553 times
Calderon ior whatever the Mexican prez name is . has actually purchased property there to give away metrecula 'spell' cards .

This nation is so full of fools it won't be so bad to see it fall !! Wheres the people ?

Old 06-13-2010, 04:31 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Can you imagine a cruise ship having more staff workers than passengers. Well apparently on Catalina Island the guest workers plus family members out number the Island residence. Amazing.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:56 PM

358 posts, read 332,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I love Catalina Island.. go there several times during the summer months for the last few decades. I can be the first to tell you the immigrant problem started about 10-15 years ago, and has grown. It's sad... going to end up like lil TJ in another decade or so. At least the hard working illegal immigrants are bringing their gang banging third world kids with them: Residents, Authorities Clash Over Alleged Brown Pride Locos Gang - cbs2.com (http://cbs2.com/local/Gang.Catalina.Tourism.2.768656.html - broken link) I remembered this story after reading your article.. it's just sad. Oh well, at least someone said something about the ID's. You hear about the illegal immigrant boat full of drugs?
Catalina Smuggling Boat: Drugs and 3 Illegal Immigrants Found on Abandoned Motorboat - KTLA thought that was really sad as well...

Old 06-13-2010, 05:46 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,025,508 times
"Mexican officials say the IDs, valid for five years, are also used by Mexicans who are in the U.S. legally."

Riiiiiiight!
If Mexicans are in the US legally wouldn't they already have green cards and have no need for this other ID?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
"Mexican officials say the IDs, valid for five years, are also used by Mexicans who are in the U.S. legally."

Riiiiiiight!
If Mexicans are in the US legally wouldn't they already have green cards and have no need for this other ID?
You would think so eh?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
His visit was the latest episode in a long-running debate over the IDs. Mexico has issued more than 7.2 million cards in the U.S. since 2002 through a network of 50 consulates that includes outposts in Boise (http://topics.signonsandiego.com/topic/Boise - broken link), Idaho (http://topics.signonsandiego.com/topic/Idaho - broken link) , Juneau (http://topics.signonsandiego.com/topic/Juneau - broken link), Alaska (http://topics.signonsandiego.com/topic/Alaska - broken link) and Little Rock (http://topics.signonsandiego.com/topic/Little_Rock - broken link), Ark.
That's messed up.

Quote:
Consular officials said they issued 44 ID cards and 60 passports before they left.
If you read the whole article, you can come to two conclusions: 1) Mexico is doing its best to make life good for Mexicans here (which, there is nothing wrong with) and 2) Mexico is doing its best to allow Mexicans to take this country from all non-Mexicans (which IS wrong and is a threat for all other people). They are an organized group of people, almost like an organized crime group. They know exactly what they are doing and if citizens and concerned legal residents of this country don't wake up and realize that they are basically trying to move us out, we will have some social, financial and all other types of problems in the U.S.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 12,751 times
Well well well... just when i thought it was safe to go the island of Catalina i know hear that its the same **** hole of a city as L.A. lol! My goodness, is there a place the Illegals won't destroy and take away from us tax paying Americans??? To add to that, now they have gangs( Catalina locos or whatever they are called) on the island also. What are they fighting over now? Seashells? Its really very sad, i was planning on going away this weekend with a friend to visit the Island for the first time and now i hear about the illegal problem going on.(the illegal population of 70 percent i have been told) Im starting to have second thoughts. The simple pleasures in life are being taken away by these border jumping illegals that these corrupt big business favoring politicians are allowing to come in. When is going to stop??? Sooner than later because if it doesn't we mind as well all call this all Mexico. By the way go Arizona 1070!!!! I support you all the way for the quest to restore safety and quality of life in the beautiful USA. And lets all send money to help the Arizona government in there defense fund.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:15 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
the reason they got gangbangers in catalina is bek rich white kids like using and buying drugs from them.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the reason they got gangbangers in catalina is bek rich white kids like using and buying drugs from them.

Actually the original issue was started by Illegals bringing their kids with them who decided they didn't like our free education and that hanging out all day playing gang banger was a lot more fun and lucrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or