U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 04:25 PM

12,739 posts, read 7,366,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
paranoia? You've went from someone wanting to debate to this in a week?

Ok, have it your way.

If you don't know what an underground economy is look it up. Better yet, go to a freaking swap meet or some barrios and see it for yourself.
14th Amendment. You can't have chickens without the eggs. No Illegal social service begging Parents and no children would be here as the vehicle they use to obtain them.
You can stow away your poor immigrant sob stories as there are countless reports that they normally spend 2-5 k to get smuggled over.

Or maybe us "Right Wingers" are just making it up I've never been Republican or Democrat, not that that swill matters at all.

Solutions:
Fine employers, deport workers here illegally
Second offense is jail time for the employer
random deportations
dl check points (thank you Escondido)
Modify the 14th so one Parent has to be here legally
IRS audit any business that has been caught using illegal labor

Ike has already proven Illegals will self-deport.
Yeah, and check on the numerous swap meets in suburbia. Ever hear of E-bay? Trying to put a lid on the underground economy is like trying to capture fog. That's why I was sarcastic with my initial response. I'll try to be more sensitive to your thin skin, Mr. Angry. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM

364 posts, read 184,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
paranoia? You've went from someone wanting to debate to this in a week?

Ok, have it your way.

If you don't know what an underground economy is look it up. Better yet, go to a freaking swap meet or some barrios and see it for yourself.
14th Amendment. You can't have chickens without the eggs. No Illegal social service begging Parents and no children would be here as the vehicle they use to obtain them.
You can stow away your poor immigrant sob stories as there are countless reports that they normally spend 2-5 k to get smuggled over.

Or maybe us "Right Wingers" are just making it up I've never been Republican or Democrat, not that that swill matters at all.

Solutions:
Fine employers, deport workers here illegally
Second offense is jail time for the employer
random deportations
dl check points (thank you Escondido)
Modify the 14th so one Parent has to be here legally
IRS audit any business that has been caught using illegal labor

Ike has already proven Illegals will self-deport.
add english only
for all us gov bisness
like wic welfare etc
to your list

Old 06-17-2010, 06:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, since you brought up the issues, what are your solutions to them?

I have no issues with ICE performing their duties.
I have no issues with BP preventing illegals from entering our country with the exception that I think they could do a better job of it.
I'm not aware of any loopholes in the Constitution of the United States. As has been posted by right wing posters endlessly here, our constitution is sacrosanct and is not to be tampered with except by amendment.
Illegal businesses not paying taxes is an issue for the IRS.
The Underground economies???? Ah yes, the enemy unknown, unseen and invisable. Perhaps an 80 billion a year agency to root out the invisable underground would satisfy your paranoia.
What laws??? let's see. Stealing a loaf of bread, deportation to the Australian Penal Colonies. All others, shoot on the spot. How's that?
What laws? Our immigration laws, that's what. If you enter our country illegally with or without stealing a loaf of bread you are subject to deportation to your own homeland. No need for sarcasm and making light of our immigration laws. Many of these illegals do however commit even more serious crimes once they get here. I.D. theft which is a felony comes to mind and that is only the tip of the iceberg. Something more for you to laugh at and make light of.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:29 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It took a long time for me to drag that out of you but that's where the rubber meets the road. I knew that all along but I needed to hear you admit it. Thanks for the verification. That's where we will never agree. To impose such draconian measures to acomplish this would destroy the very fabric of our country. I will never be party to the targeting of an entire culture(as the vast majority of illegals are of hispanic decent) for the sake of revenge, punishment and cleansing our country of perceived undesireables. I hold those who would, to be nothing more than fascists wrapped in the flag of patriotism, looking for a scapegoat to mitigate their fears of the future.

But it's refreshing to put our cards on the table and cut to the chase.
Evidently you have overlooked my numerous posts where I have stated no amnesty and no legalization from the get go.

It is draconian to enforce our immigration laws? Is that only true for the U.S. or does it apply to all countries including Mexico? The fabric of our country would be destroyed if we stopped rewarding law breakers? Surely you jest.

It isn't our fault that most illegals are Hispanics. They have put the target on their own backs Do you realize that Hispanics are second only to Asians for our legal immigration quotas by only a few pecentage points? How is that targeting or discriminating against a particular ethnic group?

This isn't about revenge but the right to enforce our immigration laws. How stupid would we be as a nation to make laws but not enforce them? Our borders and laws must be respected. You don't gain the respect of others if you don't even respect yourself.

Why shouldn't we be afraid for our future with uncontrolled illegal immigration from third world countries. I can't believe that anyone wouldn't think that is justified.

I put my cards on the table from the get go. I have always said no amnesty and no legalization for illegals. You however.....well, let's just say I agree with what AngryTaxPayer just said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration