U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2010, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Reputation: 4207

Advertisements

Study shows most Brazilian immigrants here illegally - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News



Demographics of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



More questions for illegal immigration supporters:

The stolen land argument is off the table.

49.7% of Brazilians are white yet the race card is still played.

Their intentions of coming here illegally to make as much money as possible to take back to Brazil have been made very clear. They do not want to be American or become a part of our society. They only want to be in America to serve their purposes.

The Brazil Connection - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News



How and why are these illegal immigrants still receiving support from American people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
When the argument is weak, and the reasoning is convoluted, and you have few or no real 'facts' with which to advance your cause, (such as 'why illegal immigration is GOOD, why it should be allowed, and why illegals should not be penalized), then the "Race Card", if it can possibly be played, is an invaluable aid.

There is virtually NO valid argument anymore that illegal immigration is anything else but a huge, expensive, divisive issue, and that it benefits anyone at all other than the illegals themselves, and a few employers. Few people anymore can advance such ideas, nor do they try; and when they do so, they increasingly sound ridiculous. But ANYONE can suggest a 'racist' motive in his opponent's position....and if it sticks, 'racism' becomes an arguing point in itself. "If you're against illegal immigration, it's PROBABLY because you hate...(or dislike...or misunderstand...or fear...or resent) their RACE (or culture)...and not for any other reason."..

It's a powerful, knee-jerk charge, and one almost impossible to refute.

The Race Card will ALWAYS be used in any controversy, any time it's remotely applicable. It's far easier than arguing logically for a 'lost cause'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 09:03 AM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times
Reputation: 909
How are the Brazilian getting there? Via the open border, I bet.

What's wrong with Brazil? It must be a good country. They always talk about partying and beautiful women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
346 posts, read 370,532 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
What's wrong with Brazil?
Among other things:

Crime in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 12:29 AM
 
Location: east of my daughter-north of my son
1,928 posts, read 3,109,579 times
Reputation: 885
I never cared if they were Mexicans, Brazilians, Chinese, Canadian or anywhere in Latin America. Illegal is illegal. They should be gone too. Sad for the Brazilians that because of the focus on illegal immigration thanks to the Mexicans, they are being found out and hopefully deported.

Because right now we are focusing on the Mexican illegals the race card will be played. Although I am at a loss why since when most of us talk about it, it usually encompasses all illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I never cared if they were Mexicans, Brazilians, Chinese, Canadian or anywhere in Latin America. Illegal is illegal. They should be gone too. Sad for the Brazilians that because of the focus on illegal immigration thanks to the Mexicans, they are being found out and hopefully deported.

Because right now we are focusing on the Mexican illegals the race card will be played. Although I am at a loss why since when most of us talk about it, it usually encompasses all illegals.

They resort to the race card since they have no valid argument. It really is pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Camberville
11,395 posts, read 15,991,510 times
Reputation: 18034
49.7% of Brazil is "white" but to say that those demographics are mirrored in illegal immigrants shows a significant ignorance to the socio-economic political realities of Latin America- Brazil especially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Arizona
12,734 posts, read 7,352,730 times
Reputation: 6690
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
When the argument is weak, and the reasoning is convoluted, and you have few or no real 'facts' with which to advance your cause, (such as 'why illegal immigration is GOOD, why it should be allowed, and why illegals should not be penalized), then the "Race Card", if it can possibly be played, is an invaluable aid.

There is virtually NO valid argument anymore that illegal immigration is anything else but a huge, expensive, divisive issue, and that it benefits anyone at all other than the illegals themselves, and a few employers. Few people anymore can advance such ideas, nor do they try; and when they do so, they increasingly sound ridiculous. But ANYONE can suggest a 'racist' motive in his opponent's position....and if it sticks, 'racism' becomes an arguing point in itself. "If you're against illegal immigration, it's PROBABLY because you hate...(or dislike...or misunderstand...or fear...or resent) their RACE (or culture)...and not for any other reason."..

It's a powerful, knee-jerk charge, and one almost impossible to refute.

The Race Card will ALWAYS be used in any controversy, any time it's remotely applicable. It's far easier than arguing logically for a 'lost cause'.
I don't ever recall any posts on CD where anyone claimed that illegal immigration is good, that it should be allowed or that illegal immigrants should not be penalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
49.7% of Brazil is "white" but to say that those demographics are mirrored in illegal immigrants shows a significant ignorance to the socio-economic political realities of Latin America- Brazil especially.
So does comparing Brazilian whites to whites in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I don't ever recall any posts on CD where anyone claimed that illegal immigration is good, that it should be allowed or that illegal immigrants should not be penalized.
You would be wrong then. I am not going to search all the posts for you but there have been numerous posters in here that have claimed that illegal immigration is good for our country. Do the lines "who is going to pick our fruits and veggies", "illegals are good for our economy", "doing the jobs Americans won't do" "without illegals tomatoes would be 10 bucks a pound" "they pay in more in taxes than they take out" blah, blah, blah ring a bell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top