U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,753,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
When you justify it by saying "it's just a tiny bit illegal" it suggests you don't have much more respect for the law than those you're trying to apprehend.

If it's not illegal, then it's not "just a tiny bit illegal." I would suggest purging that justification from one's mind, b/c it does nothing to help uphold the laws that we're trying to enforce, and it certainly is no justification for breaking the law. If it's legal, that's fine. I have problems with people who believe they are above the law. They're not much better than these illegals who are insulting the principles this nation was founded upon (incidentally, vigilantism is not one of these principles).

I agree you can do it to show support. Just don't act like a law enforcement officer.
You know you can take things a little to seriously ...

What I said in the OP is called absurdity laced with sarcasm to address the obvious, OK?

There are plenty of way to get rid of illegals without breaking the law, what I said was to note what would that government do? If they are not going to enforce the laws already in place (since 1986) against illegals then how can they enforce the laws against the legals for doing the job they won't do? So to remain legal put on your very best Gomer Pyle voice and yell "Citizens arrest, citizen arrest ..."

Jeez it just looses so much it you have to explain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,662,632 times
Wearing a tee shirt is not illegal at all, you can buy tee shirts and hats that say FBI or anything else, it's not a crime, you just can't claim to be an employee of that department. It's a fun idea and it would get a lot of attention and laughs, it would clear out Walmart and you could shop in empty isles, just be ready to be confronted and have a simple responce that shouldn't get you killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration