U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,868,446 times
Reputation: 4207

Advertisements

A State Transformed: Immigration and the New California | Border & Sovereignty (http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010061110538/border-and-sovereignty/a-state-transformed-immigration-and-the-new-california.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Reputation: 22171
California's politicians are idiots.

What's the point in spending over $12,000 a student a year for education when the state is going to fill itself up with illiterate and unskilled?

If they really think they need that many unskilled non-educated workers or welfare recipients, they could have saved their taxpayers tons of money by just cutting off money for schools, but they're ripping off the taxpayers every way they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:32 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Reputation: 22171
The other thing that happens is that the La Raza types will insist that because it's their raza that lacks education, that it's racist to require a high school diploma for any job. I'm in such an area and they insist that by requiring a high school level of education, you're discriminating against their race, so you almost never see that as a job requirement. That encourages kids to drop out because they can get a job just as easily without a diploma. Of course the employers are usually pretty eager to go along with this because it justifies lower wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:32 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,826 posts, read 30,110,492 times
Reputation: 17698
quote, " Having a large share of workers with relatively little education may benefit specific employers, but it also has wide-ranging consequences for such things as income distribution, poverty, tax collection, and the need for social services."


That is a good summary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,400 posts, read 8,365,211 times
Reputation: 7681
This country does not belong to them...damn it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,868,446 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
quote, " Having a large share of workers with relatively little education may benefit specific employers, but it also has wide-ranging consequences for such things as income distribution, poverty, tax collection, and the need for social services."


That is a good summary

Why do people try so hard to ignore the facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,942,722 times
Reputation: 1328
Whats California going to be like in 10-20 years?Im glad i dont live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
 
3,858 posts, read 3,167,972 times
Reputation: 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
A State Transformed: Immigration and the New California | Border & Sovereignty (http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010061110538/border-and-sovereignty/a-state-transformed-immigration-and-the-new-california.html - broken link)
What we are seeing is the Mexicanization of California,as more and more Anchor Babies grow up we are seeing where most of their loyalties lie,with Mexico.As they enter Union Leadership roles and Politics it becomes apparent what group they favor amongst all else.Their own,look at the Mayor and City Councils of LA,Santa Ana,Maywood ,Bell etc.,etc..If there is legislation that benefits criminal Illegals or the Mexican American in the communities that is where they cast their votes regardless of how it affects the rest of the population,this is why Obama and His Cronies need to be voted out of office.What about the Americans of European,Black,Asian and Middle Eastern descent? Don't we matter also?Enough of this Racist Pro La Raza agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
 
3,858 posts, read 3,167,972 times
Reputation: 2460
While LEGAL immigrants of ALL ethnicities are welcome.Illegals are not.There are plenty of people around the world who wish to immigrate to the USA and contribute towards it's future.Those that come here Illegally and try to transform it into their Homelands that they were so quick to leave,and those that disrespect our laws need to be deported.

If your loyaties lie elsewhere and you're coming here for the freebies and to drain social services that were meant for LEGAL immigrants and Americans then you need to be deported ASAP.It's allright to be proud of your Heritage,it's not allright to demand that the US be transformed to fcater to your ethnic group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,161,367 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What we are seeing is the Mexicanization of California,as more and more Anchor Babies grow up we are seeing where most of their loyalties lie,with Mexico.As they enter Union Leadership roles and Politics it becomes apparent what group they favor amongst all else.Their own,look at the Mayor and City Councils of LA,Santa Ana,Maywood ,Bell etc.,etc..If there is legislation that benefits criminal Illegals or the Mexican American in the communities that is where they cast their votes regardless of how it affects the rest of the population,this is why Obama and His Cronies need to be voted out of office.What about the Americans of European,Black,Asian and Middle Eastern descent? Don't we matter also?Enough of this Racist Pro La Raza agenda.
Totally agree. We don't need more people in this country with a self-centered attitude and no respect for our laws or this country. Their kids grow up with this same attitude also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top