U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-18-2010, 11:38 PM
 
376 posts, read 611,975 times
Reputation: 106

Advertisements

You can find or see General Sam Houston’s statue on interstate 45, a little North of Houston, TX. But I assure you, you will never find nor see General Antonio De Padua Maria Severino Lopez De Santa Anna’s statue anywhere, including Mexico…
Pro-Illegal Immigration Protest-sam-houston.jpg
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2010, 03:02 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
I don't need special powers to voice my opinion, does that p**s you off?

You can't fix stupid!

How about I come over to your house and eat your tacos and drink your water then call the law to complain because you won't take better care of me. Then protest, while in your bed, that you won't allow me the freedom to call the police to complain about you?


(Huh, whats that??? ya can't fix stupid!)
I'd ask you...did you get enough to eat?, drink?

Im glad you clarified it was your opinion and not any real abitlity to look at another Human being and correctly lable their immigration status.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 03:12 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
You can find or see General Sam Houston’s statue on interstate 45, a little North of Houston, TX. But I assure you, you will never find nor see General Antonio De Padua Maria Severino Lopez De Santa Anna’s statue anywhere, including Mexico…
Attachment 64342
The same Sam Houston that opposed Texas joining the Union. The same Sam Houston that the New Texans ran out of office.The Newly arrived to Texas Texans, called Patiots like Houston and Juan Seguin Cowards and triators for wanting Texas to reman Independent and it's own country.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 06:04 PM
 
376 posts, read 611,975 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The same Sam Houston that opposed Texas joining the Union. The same Sam Houston that the New Texans ran out of office.The Newly arrived to Texas Texans, called Patiots like Houston and Juan Seguin Cowards and triators for wanting Texas to reman Independent and it's own country.
And you'r point is??
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 06:30 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
And you'r point is??
to teach you real Texas history...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 07:57 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,465,553 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
No, but there is laws[right] protecting their right to peacefully gather, protest, and to speek freely. Or would you like a laws against those too?

Only when it's criminals doing the protesting for criminals .

They will lose in the end, along with the rest of us . They will destroy our nation just like they did theirs . Then only radicals will win .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 08:51 PM
 
376 posts, read 611,975 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
to teach you real Texas history...
Listen, professor of Real Texas History; I didn’t ask for and I don’t need lessons from you in “real Texas history”. I may not know much about the scholastic aspect of your subject, but I know enough about the history of Texas.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
I worked for "Fort Bend County Water District #2" for 2 years, that's enough for me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:51 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Only when it's criminals doing the protesting for criminals .

They will lose in the end, along with the rest of us . They will destroy our nation just like they did theirs . Then only radicals will win .
Criminal is a determination of court...you're not saying that all those people marching had been ajudicated in an American Court of law... are you?

One has super powers to detect immigration status and you have the other super power of been able to clearly see if someone has committed a crime and has had their day in court? is that what your telling me?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Listen, professor of Real Texas History; I didn’t ask for and I don’t need lessons from you in “real Texas history”. I may not know much about the scholastic aspect of your subject, but I know enough about the history of Texas.

There is no need to ask...if I see a need I teach. If you have a problem with that contact your administrator.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top