U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,115,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
quote=1751texan;14648732]"Are you saying that a person from Illinois[or any state], traveling thru Az, is not subject to SB1070; and if that person commits a moving violation... Are you saying that the act of showing a Out-of State Drivers license exempts that person from being asked his immigration status"?

Yes, I am saying that because it is true! If an out of state citizen travels to Arizona and has their valid DL and is stopped for a traffic violation that out of state DL is sufficient to clear them from any questions about their immigration status. So again I reiterate the Arizona law will not negatively impact citizens of another state.

Whatever Arizona does to deny anchors citizenship it will be a deterrant for illegals not to drop their anchors in Arizona.
So if a child is born in Illinios, and moves[parents] to Az is that child a US citizen? or just not a citizen of Az?

If a child is born in Az, of alien parents, and moves to Illinois, is that child a citizen of the US?

Laws effect real poeple, deterrants are games...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,235,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
So if a child is born in Illinios, and moves[parents] to Az is that child a US citizen? or just not a citizen of Az?

If a child is born in Az, of alien parents, and moves to Illinois, is that child a citizen of the US?

Laws effect real poeple, deterrants are games...
Deterrants are games? Guess we should drop our penalties for all crimes then since they aren't deterrants.

I didn't say that the anchors weren't citizens what I am saying is since the illegals will probably leave Arizona that state won't have to pay for their birthings and welfare anymore. Arizonians will save money.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,235,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Could you please cite in AZ SB1070 were that "out of state" exemption exists?

The State of New York allows undocumented aliens a Driver's License, so if they drive thru AZ they are free and clear?
Even today when you travel from state to state your valid DL is good in any state. Are you kidding me? The Arizona law has not changed that. You cite me where the Arizona law says it won't honor another state's DL.

If an illegal alien travels to Arizona and get stopped and produces a valid DL from a state that provides them with one, Arizona would have no way of knowing that they were illegal because the buck stops with that valid DL. Thankfully only a few states issues DL's to illegal aliens.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:13 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,612,976 times
Is it possible to take legal action against a state (that has in-state tuition for illegal immigrants) that you went to college in, but was denied in-state tuitioni after applying for it? I think that it is odd and seems illegal that a state can deny me, a U.S. citizen, in-state tuition, yet, they can give an illegal immigrant the opportunity go to college at a cheaper rate. It just seems wrong ... why would you allow someone who is an illegal immigrant the chance to be educated at a school, but the thing that is keeping an out-of-state student from being able to go to that school is the tremendous difference in tuition, usually thousands of dollars difference.

I'm trying to see where I can go with that because I feel it is wrong. I was born and raised in this country, couldn't go to a state school that is in the United States of America because after two years, the tuition was taking its toll, but an illegal immigrant can go to that school, get a degree for cheaper cost. Messed up ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration