U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 PM

18,503 posts, read 8,630,331 times
Default How many Texas residents are aware that, you are subsidizing college for illegals?

I don't know how many if you can read Spanish, but I've found this that you should be aware of.

DCCCD: ¿No Tiene Seguro Social? HB 1403 Es para Usted.

Don't know how many of you can read Spanish so allow me to translate:

¿No Tiene Seguro Social? HB 1403 Es para Usted.
Don't have Social Security (number)? HB 1403 is for you.

• Haberse graduado de una preparatoria de Texas
  • Haber vivido en el estado de Texas por tres años
  • Haber obtenido el G.E.D. por medio de una preparatoria pública o privada en el estado de Texas
  • No haberse inscrito en una Universidad o Colegio antes del semestre de otoño del 2001
  • Firmar un affidávit en el colegio de su elección asegurando que va a solicitar residencia legal tan pronto como sea elegible.
Point 1: Have graduated from a Texan high school
Point 2: Have lived in the state of Texas for 3 years
Point 3: Have obtained a G.E.D. from a public or private high school in Texas
Point 4: Have not been admitted to college or university before Fall 2001
Point 5: Sign an affidavit in the college of your choice assuring that you'll petition for legal residency as soon as you become eligible

By the way HB 1403 is also known as the Noriega Bill in the Texas General Assembly. Oh and, all you Texas Conservatives that think electing the GOP will save the US in November, big proud Texan man Rick Perry signed the bill, didn't even bother vetoing it. Don't bother thinking the GOP will rescue any of us in the fall, they won't.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,249,681 times
I read it about a while ago. It only shows up if you select Spanish as the language on that site. How dirty!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
I read it about a while ago. It only shows up if you select Spanish as the language on that site. How dirty!
Yup that's exactly it. That's how I came across it on DCCCD's website. There is NO MENTION of it on the English pages at all

Old 06-15-2010, 04:41 AM

3,855 posts, read 2,481,246 times
Texas Gov. Rick Perry talked about signing the proposed Texas law durring the Texas GOP Gubernatorial primaries...

I guess Texas News travels slowly to York, PA.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:16 AM

8,542 posts, read 11,786,417 times
I wish I hadn't read this thread. It ticks me off so bad that it gives me a headache. Yes, I both speak and read Spanish.

By the way HB 1403 is also known as the Noriega Bill in the Texas General Assembly. Oh and, all you Texas Conservatives that think electing the GOP will save the US in November, big proud Texan man Rick Perry signed the bill, didn't even bother vetoing it. Don't bother thinking the GOP will rescue any of us in the fall, they won't.

No. And neither will the pro-illegal democrats.

I hated Bush for his pro-illegal stance--and I hate Perry for the same reason. MFing (to borrow a clever phrase from someone else) hispanderers!!!

Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 PM

3,855 posts, read 2,481,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I wish I hadn't read this thread. It ticks me off so bad that it gives me a headache. Yes, I both speak and read Spanish.

No. And neither will the pro-illegal democrats.

I hated Bush for his pro-illegal stance--and I hate Perry for the same reason. MFing (to borrow a clever phrase from someone else) hispanderers!!!
You claim the great SW as you home...Texas may be part of the GSW...but Texas is not beholding to any State. What we do here is Our business...

and whether you Like Texas, This Texas Law, Pres. G. Bush, Rick Perry, or Hispanics...In Texas we Frankly, my dear, we dont give a damn.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,091,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You claim the great SW as you home...Texas may be part of the GSW...but Texas is not beholding to any State. What we do here is Our business...

and whether you Like Texas, This Texas Law, Pres. G. Bush, Rick Perry, or Hispanics...In Texas we Frankly, my dear, we dont give a damn.
And we should all say the same thing about Arizona. They aren't beholding to any other state and what they do is their own business. I do however think as U.S. citizens our states should support one another in their decision making otherwise we become a divided nation.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:00 PM

8,542 posts, read 11,786,417 times
Quote:

I am a native-born Texan--and lived there for over 55 years. I daresay I know a lot more about it than YOU do. Who the hell said that Texas was beholden (not beholding) to anybody? As far as YOU'RE concerned, Texas SHOULD be beholden to illegal aliens.

And...I frankly don't give a damn what people like YOU think, either.

Had you bothered to look at my tagline, you might have been aware that I am from Texas. But no. You do little else than spout off your big mouth. You are one of the least observant people on this forum. I bet you don't even know where the Davis Mountains are, or much else.

You can't even compose a post without grammatical errors in it. I think it would be too much of a strain for you.

And...in the likely event that you are not aware of it, neither Bush was a Texan, not even the younger.

Perry, yep. But he's a politician who hispanders to get the vote. He's not necessarily enamored of illegals as Bush the younger was, but he's running for his third term, and is afraid of alienating the hispanic voters.

Last edited by Cathy4017; 06-15-2010 at 05:15 PM..

Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 PM

74,367 posts, read 34,468,271 times
Sadly it's not just Texas that let's illegals pay in state college tuition costs.
Several states allow it.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Texas may be part of the GSW...but Texas is not beholding to any State. What we do here is Our business...
Good now please remind the California Dems to lay off Arizona since every state minds its own business right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration