U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2010, 07:20 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,774 times
Reputation: 1270

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
what part of anchors AWAY do people NOT understand ? set sail on the sand..and go BACK to the homeland with mom and pop....call me heartless..I don't care....
I like that, lol, "Anchors Away!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
She makes a good point: it was the parent's knowledge that they were putting their relationship with their child at risk and that by entering illegally that they may one day have to face deportation with their child. That makes perfect sense to me. Also, I don't know why all these people keep trying to say that the 14th Amendment protects babies born here to illegal immigrants. We should know that it wasn't meant to give citizenship to those who were born here to someone that did not enter legally.
It's like that recent little story with Mrs Obama and the news story anchor baby prop - they tried to gain a lot of sympathy for illegals by having the little girl seem so concerned about her mother's lack of papers - but it turns out the parents had abandoned her older sister.

Suddenly it's very difficult to find any sympathy for these pathetic people who would leave behind their own little daughter because they lust for easy money and handouts that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 PM
 
1,650 posts, read 3,365,950 times
Reputation: 1121
I totally agree. The parents can take their kids with them when deported. If the parents abandon their children, then the kids need to become a ward of state. I am sure there are many American parents who are unable to have children and would like to adopt.

These illegals come here and breed like rabbits in order to take advantage of our welfare system. Anchor babies actually shouldn't have citizenship to begin with. The purpose of the 14th ammendment was to protect the children of slaves. It was not written to give citizenship to illegal immigrants who breed like rabbits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Arizona
12,738 posts, read 7,360,267 times
Reputation: 6713
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I totally agree. The parents can take their kids with them when deported. If the parents abandon their children, then the kids need to become a ward of state. I am sure there are many American parents who are unable to have children and would like to adopt.

These illegals come here and breed like rabbits in order to take advantage of our welfare system. Anchor babies actually shouldn't have citizenship to begin with. The purpose of the 14th ammendment was to protect the children of slaves. It was not written to give citizenship to illegal immigrants who breed like rabbits.
Would that be the French Illegal immigrants? Or maybe the Estonian's? Or would you mean the hispanics? Who exactly breeds like rabbits? "They" is pretty vague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Would that be the French Illegal immigrants? Or maybe the Estonian's? Or would you mean the hispanics? Who exactly breeds like rabbits? "They" is pretty vague.
Check the stats at Parkland Hospital in Dallas alone for the number of births by illegal alien mothers. The overwhelming majority have Hispanic surnames. Does that answer your question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Arizona
12,738 posts, read 7,360,267 times
Reputation: 6713
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Check the stats at Parkland Hospital in Dallas alone for the number of births by illegal alien mothers. The overwhelming majority have Hispanic surnames. Does that answer your question?
And every one a citizen. I bet that frosts you, toes to nose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,351,291 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Yes....a woman with the nutz to say what many of us feel.
You mean she has cojones? Wish some of our male politicos would grow some!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
And every one a citizen. I bet that frosts you, toes to nose.
It should frost every American that this deliberate abuse is going on and costing us billions in their birthing and welfare costs. But then look who I am talking to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Yac
 
5,875 posts, read 6,293,306 times
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2010, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.
SIR, YES SIR!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top