Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 PM

61 posts, read 75,931 times

Advertisements

I love the way this lady thinks! Good job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Absolutely - they should initiate laws PREVENTING them from abandoning their children on our soil.

Either that or initiate a law that any anchor baby left behind by the parents' deportation becomes a ward of the state, effectively removing their parental rights to any benefits of having an "anchor baby" still in this country.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Absolutely - they should initiate laws PREVENTING them from abandoning their children on our soil.

Either that or initiate a law that any anchor baby left behind by the parents' deportation becomes a ward of the state, effectively removing their parental rights to any benefits of having an "anchor baby" still in this country.

I'm sure there are people looking to adopt. Enough of bringing in babies from Russia or China.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Take them back? I thought they were anchor babies!

Oh, that's right--anchor babies is just a lie you people made up to stir up anti-immigrant sentiment.

Maybe you should have thought of that before getting this thread going.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

Oh, that's right--anchor babies is just a lie you people made up to stir up anti-immigrant sentiment.

Please use the right terminology. Most of us in here are anti-illegal immigration, not anti-immigrant. Big difference!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times
what part of anchors AWAY do people NOT understand ? set sail on the sand..and go BACK to the homeland with mom and pop....call me heartless..I don't care....

Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
what part of anchors AWAY do people NOT understand ? set sail on the sand..and go BACK to the homeland with mom and pop....call me heartless..I don't care....
Nothing heartless at all. They shouldn't be seperated from their illegal parents. Mexico offers dual citizenship anyway. If the anchor so chooses they can return to the U.S. when they are 18 years of age.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

Moonbattery at it's finest.......

Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 AM

40 posts, read 41,079 times
This was actually brought up MANY years ago in CA. I was one of the people at the time that said "Born here, your an American".

That was before the countless number of illegals that take advantage of Americas good nature. That was before I saw rally after rally of Latino freedom fighters passing out communism literature and talking about a war to "reclaim their land".

This got out of hand QUICK.

And since I dont see LEGAL Mexicans for illegal-immigrants denouncing these EXTREMIST, ANYWHERE in the news or social sites I have to think thats the real agenda.

No Thanks.

Watch this video - This is in Los Angeles, CA. RIGHT FREAKIN HERE.

YouTube - L.A. Teacher Calls for Mexican Revolt in the U.S.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:12 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,046 times
She makes a good point: it was the parent's knowledge that they were putting their relationship with their child at risk and that by entering illegally that they may one day have to face deportation with their child. That makes perfect sense to me. Also, I don't know why all these people keep trying to say that the 14th Amendment protects babies born here to illegal immigrants. We should know that it wasn't meant to give citizenship to those who were born here to someone that did not enter legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration