U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:52 PM

12,758 posts, read 7,385,035 times

Advertisements

To be perfectly honest, I never thought that in my lifetime I would see the right wing of the political spectrum calling for a National ID card. This is the same faction who opposed social security numbers on the principal it would be ipso facto, fascism. I would only expect ID cards mandatory in Fascist countries. Wait a minute.........!!!!....could it be.........?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 03:44 PM

851 posts, read 3,159,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoranrat View Post
The point with this proposal is two-fold:
1) Everyone regardless of citizenship status would be required to have national ID with them. For citizens, this already is available in the form of the passport card.
2) ID would then be checked at appropriate moments such as lawful traffic stop, stop registration, etc etc.

You need to have BOTH though. If citizens don't need to carry ID, then any kind of ID check is worthless since most people are citizens and won't have ID to check. Thus you need to compel everyone to carry it. And once everyone carries it, the appropriate authorities can check anyone's ID at all times regardless so no issues of racial profiling or unfairness since EVERYONE is checked during appropriate times.
Not everybody is eligible for passport. For example, most criminals cannot have passports.

An easier way is to deny all illegals driver's licenses. That way, authority can still check for ID. if they don't have anything, they can be taken to the PD for further verification.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Not everybody is eligible for passport. For example, most criminals cannot have passports.

An easier way is to deny all illegals driver's licenses. That way, authority can still check for ID. if they don't have anything, they can be taken to the PD for further verification.
Strangely enough, I agree with you 100% on this solution. good call.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:40 PM

851 posts, read 3,159,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Strangely enough, I agree with you 100% on this solution. good call.
Thanks. For those aliens don't have driver's license, they must have passport and visa.

Some American may not have driver's licenses either but they are the extreme minority I believe.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Thanks. For those aliens don't have driver's license, they must have passport and visa.

Some American may not have driver's licenses either but they are the extreme minority I believe.
Most Americans who don't have a DL have a state I.D. though.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:17 PM

Sounds like an easy solution. Don't give driver's licienses to illegal immigrants. Much better than forcing every american citizen to have a national id card or worse yet a biometric chip implant. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it. All to stem the tide of Huns at the gate waiting to rape our women and mow our lawns.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:21 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Sounds like an easy solution. Don't give driver's licienses to illegal immigrants. Much better than forcing every american citizen to have a national id card or worse yet a biometric chip implant. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it. All to stem the tide of Huns at the gate waiting to rape our women and mow our lawns.
I think your last sentence is a tell all of how you really feel about illegal immigration.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:22 PM

40 posts, read 35,366 times
Yeah, I'm not into this idea. We dont add new policy that affects Americans.

I am not aware that an illegal can get a DL, legally???. If that is the case this country needs to set its priorities quick. I'm disgusted by this if true.

We already have I.D's.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think your last sentence is a tell all of how you really feel about illegal immigration.
I was very clear and truthful about how I view illegal immigration and my stance in another thread with you. How I view the posturing and attitudes of the some in the anti illegal immigration crowd is what I tend to parody. Don't stick me with your labels and I won't stick you with mine.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePeople View Post
Yeah, I'm not into this idea. We dont add new policy that affects Americans.

I am not aware that an illegal can get a DL, legally???. If that is the case this country needs to set its priorities quick. I'm disgusted by this if true.

We already have I.D's.
I agree. I know New Mexico issues DLs to illegals. I wish they would stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration