U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:21 AM

364 posts, read 184,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<< Every National Wildlife Refuge has large areas that are closed to the public, >>

True, but they're closed to everyone to protect wildlife. This area is closed to citizens, but it's still open to drug smugglers. Wouldn't you say there's something inherently wrong with closing an area of public land to citizens, while allowing drug smugglers from another country to make use of it?
mexico is gonna get a
boot up its butt
if tha drug war
comes to tha usa
more an mor americans
wil start shootin
rememmer tha az is ok
with ppl packin heat

Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
I heard an interview with the sheriff of that part of Arizona this morning. The media isn't even reporting a fraction of what's going on down there in that part of Arizona.

Since when is it okay for foreigners to take over parts of a sovereign country without even so much as a squeak from the government? This is unbelievable. If it were happening anywhere but here, military action would have already been taken.

Hey Obama-is it your intention to give the southwestern United States to the drug cartels? If not, you're doing a damn good job of it anyway.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 AM

181 posts, read 293,145 times
Well, they did spend 1 Billion $ the last 5 years on the "virtual fence" that doesn't work, not installed, etc.

How many BP agents, etc. could that have paid for?

Follow the $$$$$.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:24 PM

3,750 posts, read 4,509,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I heard an interview with the sheriff of that part of Arizona this morning. The media isn't even reporting a fraction of what's going on down there in that part of Arizona.
The media as well as the government are not as stupid
as they lead us to believe...IT'S A DANGEROUS AREA !

The time has come for America to protect our border
and way of life

It will get nasty very soon, Arizonans have had enough
and I hope that America has also.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 AM

2,032 posts, read 3,848,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
This is more of a commentary on the Fox News reportage than on anything else. If you do your own math, you will see that the area in question (3,500 acres stretched along 80 miles) is a strip along the border averaging 120 yards wide. Not much more than the right-of-way along interstate highways, also closed to the public. And if the border fence were to be put in place, the amount of land that would be closed to the public (and critical and endangered wildlife) would be a lot more than 3,500 acres.

How come we get so much weeping and wringing of hands about Gulf of Mexico wildlife, but nobody cares about Sonora Desert wildlife? By the way, the whole idea of the Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge is to keep people from stomping around in wildlife habitat, isn't it? Every National Wildlife Refuge has large areas that are closed to the public, which are strictly controlled, with significant penalties for violators. Where's the outrage about those sections of New Jersey and Illinois being ""closed to the public"?

In fact, one practical alternative would be for the US government to use public domain to take possession of all land within 100 yards of the border, designate it as a national wildlife refuge, close it all to the public, and use existing regulations to enforce it. And that would make perfect sense in terms of wildlife protection, because virtually the entire border is critical habitat, from the Tijuana River to Boca Chica.
absolutely, it's an ecological disaster along the border, and a wall could make it worse, though may be necessary. Hiking at Organ Pipe Nat'l Monument I found piles of trash and crap in places. Such a shame, because it's one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 AM

349 posts, read 394,510 times
Quote:

Since when is it okay for foreigners to take over parts of a sovereign country without even so much as a squeak from the government? This is unbelievable. If it were happening anywhere but here, military action would have already been taken.

Hey Obama-is it your intention to give the southwestern United States to the drug cartels? If not, you're doing a damn good job of it anyway.
I'm assuming you saw Clarence Dupnik, sheriff Pima County? If not, then the interview you heard was misleading you. Can you post the link?

Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,653,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<< Every National Wildlife Refuge has large areas that are closed to the public, >>

True, but they're closed to everyone to protect wildlife. This area is closed to citizens, but it's still open to drug smugglers. Wouldn't you say there's something inherently wrong with closing an area of public land to citizens, while allowing drug smugglers from another country to make use of it?

You mean, if I go in that area for wildlife viewing or camping, and I'm challenged by an officer, I can say, "I have permission to be here---I'm a drug smuggler". Do they issue a special photo-ID to drug smugglers, to give them unrestricted access?

Old 06-19-2010, 10:13 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
I'm assuming you saw Clarence Dupnik, sheriff Pima County? If not, then the interview you heard was misleading you. Can you post the link?
Sure....go to KFI AM 640, click on John and Ken, scroll through the podcasts until you find the correct interview.....

I said "heard an interview," not "read an interview," or "saw an interview."

Old 06-19-2010, 10:31 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,951,591 times
I guarantee that the guvmint would find a way to stop them if they were North Koreans, or Iranians slipping in. No living thing would be spared in the forest.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:37 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,951,591 times
Quote:
Sure....go to KFI AM 640, click on John and Ken, scroll through the podcasts until you find the correct interview.....

I said "heard an interview," not "read an interview," or "saw an interview."
Youtube has a Pinal county tape. He's askingfor help. Someone posted a tv news speech on our CD site recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or