U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:52 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,109,073 times

Advertisements

This all just makes me sick. What has to happen before the government gets what's going on? Do more innocent people have to die to get their attention?

Where are all our representatives? Sheriffs complain but that doesn't make the news. Someone in a position of power needs to get a spine and start yelling about this.

It's an election year and no one wants to upset the public. They don't get most of us are upset. It's a long time until November. I hope we make until then.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:01 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
If securing the borders were a priority for this administration, it would already be done.

Democrats love to boast that they are the party of the "people" but when it all comes down to brass tacks, they are just as beholden to big business interests as the Republicans--and even more so to the accumulation of millions of new Democrat voters.

Liars, thieves, and whores....the whole lot of 'em.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:53 PM

349 posts, read 393,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Sure....go to KFI AM 640, click on John and Ken, scroll through the podcasts until you find the correct interview.....

I said "heard an interview," not "read an interview," or "saw an interview."
Sorry, I hastily replied and wrote incorrectly. I attempted to briefly find the correct interview, but it was not easily identifiable.

I wrote that because the Pinal County sheriff Paul Babeu referenced in a later post has been interviewed concerning this old news story. It is never claified that he is a county removed from the affected area.

I didn't hear it, but I doubt Clarence Dupnik was interviewed on the show.

I find it disgusting that so much misinformation is floating around out there.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:56 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
we can-- live scan thumb print machines and lots of check points.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 AM

Personally, I don't care if this story is six years old or sixty years old. The fact that we have, without a whisper, conceded a portion of U.S. sovereign territory to foreign invaders is unacceptable.

Personally, I'm more disgusted by the fact that neither the previous administration, nor the current administration has the necessary testicular fortitude to do something about this situation than I am by any supposed misinformation floating around the stratosphere.

Who cares about who brought this information forward. Is there or is there not, a section of Arizona (which, the last time I looked at a map, was still a part of the United States) under siege by drug runners, human smugglers, and various other miscellaneous criminal elements? Are Americans being warned off of public lands because the U.S. government can't be bothered to do the right thing and purge sovereign U.S. territory of the invaders?

Then regardless of who brought this forward or the fact that it has been a continuing siege since 2006--the information is valid and relevant, and someone (the President of the United States) should be held accountable.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Furiously helpless is how many Americans feel today regarding this issue. The best thing we can do is to try and vote out the evils and vote in what we hope to be the lessor of the two. The other alternative is a revolution which would be very very ugly for everyone but might just be needed to MAKE Washington listen to it's people they are elected to SERVE.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 AM

10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
we are more concerned about Iraqi and Afghanistan borders than our own....go figure!

Old 06-20-2010, 11:42 AM

349 posts, read 393,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Personally, I don't care if this story is six years old or sixty years old. The fact that we have, without a whisper, conceded a portion of U.S. sovereign territory to foreign invaders is unacceptable.

Personally, I'm more disgusted by the fact that neither the previous administration, nor the current administration has the necessary testicular fortitude to do something about this situation than I am by any supposed misinformation floating around the stratosphere.

Who cares about who brought this information forward. Is there or is there not, a section of Arizona (which, the last time I looked at a map, was still a part of the United States) under siege by drug runners, human smugglers, and various other miscellaneous criminal elements? Are Americans being warned off of public lands because the U.S. government can't be bothered to do the right thing and purge sovereign U.S. territory of the invaders?

Then regardless of who brought this forward or the fact that it has been a continuing siege since 2006--the information is valid and relevant, and someone (the President of the United States) should be held accountable.
That is a gross mischaracterization of reality. I'll repost what I wrote in the Arizona forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
I think it's a matter of resources. How much time and money would need to be spent to ensure the safety of visitors? What is the cost, direct and otherwise of spending those resources in such a manner? When I was there USBP was too.

I'm not saying that it's good news we've closed an area for four years and will continue until who knows when. I'm just wondering what amount of effort would be required to keep it safe. Is it worth it at all costs? Should it be opened at our own risk with warning signs? What if someone is attacked or killed wither smugglers by hunters or innocent nature lovers?

I'm not viewing it as cowering to thugs and criminals, but as a pragmatic approach to a much bigger, much more serious problem. I don't have all the information, however, it seems like they had to make a hard choice.
I also believe there is an interest in protecting wildlife in the area.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 PM

364 posts, read 184,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
That is a gross mischaracterization of reality. I'll repost what I wrote in the Arizona forum.

I also believe there is an interest in protecting wildlife in the area.
it is mor importent
to protet tha usa
than a bunch of anuimals
an i luv anuimals
all tha mor reason
to have us miltary
with shoot orders
agains ilegal aliens
if mexico crys
too dam bad

Old 06-20-2010, 08:03 PM

Is it worth it? We've bent over like prison b*tches and let Mexican drug thugs pummel us senseless. Whether you believe that land is worth it or not, it is sovereign U.S. territory and the fact that NOTHING is being done to stop what's happening down there other than a sign warning Americans away, is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or