U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:49 PM

3,651 posts, read 8,116,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
I can't believe no one has commented about this! You are mistaken if you believe that bombing the area will prevent illegal border crossing.
I'm glad you said "if," since that's not what I said or implied. I said it would kill of some of the drug cartel scum.

Quote:
You're trying to treat the symptoms.
I'm trying to stem the tide and take the best course of action to do so. Maybe bombing isn't the answer, but it should seriously be considered. Sadly, it won't, because people are so easily upset by it. Nooo let's instead do the "gentler" thing - yeah that works so well when dealing with enemies. Hit softly. Got it.

Quote:
I don't have all the answers but bombing??? No way. I don't have a problem with the National Guard going on in so I'm not against all military intervention just bombing.
So you're good with putting our soldiers in harm's way with a shootout at the OK Corral but not with a bombing that would be more effective at killing the scumbags and cost far fewer soldiers' lives? Sorry lost me there.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,966,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
I'm glad you said "if," since that's not what I said or implied. I said it would kill of some of the drug cartel scum.

I'm trying to stem the tide and take the best course of action to do so. Maybe bombing isn't the answer, but it should seriously be considered. Sadly, it won't, because people are so easily upset by it. Nooo let's instead do the "gentler" thing - yeah that works so well when dealing with enemies. Hit softly. Got it.

So you're good with putting our soldiers in harm's way with a shootout at the OK Corral but not with a bombing that would be more effective at killing the scumbags and cost far fewer soldiers' lives? Sorry lost me there.
Your original question was "why aren't we doing more about this and whether or not we should take military action, and if so, how....."

1. Money and self interest on the behalf of the corporations & politicians is the answer to why (others have stated this).
2. I would support limited military action (no bombings on US soil by US military, which to my knowledge has never been done before). Note, however, that the US military currently does not have the authority to intervene under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.

I have clearly stated all this in previous posts.

The rest of your post (any many others' posts in this thread) make use of inflammatory language and are meant to incite anger and fear. I will not respond to that anymore. I've answered your questions. You don't like my point of view. I would debate it, but I won't fight over it.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:34 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,088,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I heard an interview with the sheriff of that part of Arizona this morning. The media isn't even reporting a fraction of what's going on down there in that part of Arizona.

Since when is it okay for foreigners to take over parts of a sovereign country without even so much as a squeak from the government? This is unbelievable. If it were happening anywhere but here, military action would have already been taken.

Hey Obama-is it your intention to give the southwestern United States to the drug cartels? If not, you're doing a damn good job of it anyway.

IS that what is really going on down there? Drug smugglers have sliced off a piece of the US and America is doing nothing?

Or do you know for a fact, that the Federal government is not working on a plan to secure that small area? and would one way to secure that area, be to remove and keep out all "civilian" traffic till the problem could be assessed. You would not want the fed to go in there "guns a blazing" shooting at anything that moves with "bird watchers" and "Nature lovers" in harms way would you? ONLY an idiot would want that.

just because things dont move at the pace that we would wish, doesn't mean things aren't in the works.

Last edited by 1751texan; 06-21-2010 at 05:05 AM..

Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 AM

349 posts, read 394,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Is it worth it? We've bent over like prison b*tches and let Mexican drug thugs pummel us senseless. Whether you believe that land is worth it or not, it is sovereign U.S. territory and the fact that NOTHING is being done to stop what's happening down there other than a sign warning Americans away, is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!
It isn't a question of the land being worth it. It is a question of limited resources.

No one argues that the US isn't sovereign.

The border has in some places become dangerous. I don't think that we should expend any means necessary to open up 3% of the park when 97% is open and relatively unused, particularly if it entails risking the security of visitors.

Is it possible that the area is closed precisely because something is being done? Namely patrol and engagement of USBP. Is it possible that having bird watchers and hunters in that section would hinder the USBP from doing their jobs?

What would you do to create an acceptable situation to you? How would it be implemented? What would be the effect on costs and deterrents in another location?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:43 PM

286 posts, read 554,860 times
The "Bilderberg Group"runs the so called free world.I have lived in Arizona for 66 years and now I know.Harry Truman would not stand it,but check out the dude in office now.Handsome,brilliant,mind like a computer..but he is just along for the ride...."comprende?"

Old 09-16-2011, 04:16 PM

403 posts, read 280,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
mexico is gonna get a
boot up its butt
if tha drug war
comes to tha usa
more an mor americans
wil start shootin
rememmer tha az is ok
with ppl packin heat
Lol, we are the whole reason there is a drug war to begin with.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Lol, we are the whole reason there is a drug war to begin with.
Who's "we"?, You must be Mexican.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:32 PM

403 posts, read 280,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Who's "we"?, You must be Mexican.
The United States.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:09 PM

25,359 posts, read 16,300,645 times
This looks like an awesome area for a number of 1000 yard ranges.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
If we know for a fact that these are all drug smugglers I would have no issue with putting a 300 ultra mag on line, and I qualified at 1000 meters.
But the fact is we dont know this. Its easy to call for an open season on people when you never had to do it. I for 1 am not at all prepared to shoot a woman 8 months pregnant simply because she is entering illegally.
Show me a smuggler thats carrying an ak-47 and Ill put one in him and without remorse.
This call for shoot on sight is what completely undermines the position of those who advocate enforcement of our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or