U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2010, 12:26 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
Reputation: 909

Advertisements

His aunt is why Obama says the immigrant process is broken while it really is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2010, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
She's already here - if Kenya has adequate treatment programs, then you could use it as a reason to deport the woman. If Kenya does not, then she has to stay here.
That line of reasoning makes no sense. Why do we need a REASON to deport someone who is in the country illegally? The reason that they are here illegally is the only one that is needed.

Why doesn't she just go live with her jerk of a nephew in the WH, and let THEM pay for her room, board and medical expenses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 02:10 PM
 
4,272 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1552
In this case, we do need that "reason," because we can't deport a person with an illness if, by deporting the person to the other country, the person will certainly suffer and possibly/likely die. The disease makes her case special.

I understand that you have frustration with this, Cathy, but in this case, unless Kenya develops adequate facilities for the treatment of Guillain-Barre, we can't deport her. Sometimes, you have to let some things go, Cathy. You can't win 'em all. Focus on cases where the case for deportion is obvious and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
That line of reasoning makes no sense. Why do we need a REASON to deport someone who is in the country illegally? The reason that they are here illegally is the only one that is needed.

Why doesn't she just go live with her jerk of a nephew in the WH, and let THEM pay for her room, board and medical expenses?
His aunt has a very strange disease called Guillain-Barre. Why not find a more typical case to support your claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
His aunt is why Obama says the immigrant process is broken while it really is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
......Sometimes, you have to let some things go, Cathy. You can't win 'em all. Focus on cases where the case for deportion is obvious and easy.

His aunt has a very strange disease called Guillain-Barre. Why not find a more typical case to support your claim?
That is the main problem, Vicman. We have let things go so much that we are overrun with illegal aliens who are abusing the system at all levels.

Where do we draw the line? There needs to be a line in the sand that no one is allowed to cross, but that will never happen in this country.

We have become a nation of soft wishy-washies.

I meant what I said. Why don't they tap her nephew to pay for her medical expenses, instead of putting it on our backs? Ditto everything else that she has managed to get out of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 PM
 
4,272 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1552
Cathy, imagine that you are the Chancellor of Germany and you are of Somalian descent. You have an aunt from Somalia who comes into the country illegally and gets caught, but she can't be deported to Somalia because the country has no places to treat her life-threatening illness. The government then declares that you have to pay all of her treatment bills, even though you were not an accomplice in her illegal entry, simply on the basis that you are related. She had illegally tried to contribute to your party's campaign fund, but you never solicited any contributions from her. She does not have enough funds to pay for her all of her own treatment.

Is this fair? Didn't think so. As much as the idea of the taxpayers paying for this sounds strange, it is the best option.

Also there aren't too many people with the Guillain-Barre disease running around, so BHO's aunt is an isolated case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
That is the main problem, Vicman. We have let things go so much that we are overrun with illegal aliens who are abusing the system at all levels.

Where do we draw the line? There needs to be a line in the sand that no one is allowed to cross, but that will never happen in this country.

We have become a nation of soft wishy-washies.

I meant what I said. Why don't they tap her nephew to pay for her medical expenses, instead of putting it on our backs? Ditto everything else that she has managed to get out of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Cathy, imagine that you are the Chancellor of Germany and you are of Somalian descent. You have an aunt from Somalia who comes into the country illegally and gets caught, but she can't be deported to Somalia because the country has no places to treat her life-threatening illness. The government then declares that you have to pay all of her treatment bills, even though you were not an accomplice in her illegal entry, simply on the basis that you are related. She had illegally tried to contribute to your party's campaign fund, but you never solicited any contributions from her. She does not have enough funds to pay for her all of her own treatment.

Is this fair? Didn't think so. As much as the idea of the taxpayers paying for this sounds strange, it is the best option.

Also there aren't too many people with the Guillain-Barre disease running around, so BHO's aunt is an isolated case.
You answered the questions, so what your point in all of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 PM
 
4,272 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1552
That it ain't fair to expect BHO to be the only person paying for his aunt's care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
You answered the questions, so what your point in all of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Reputation: 4766
You want fair, Vicman?

How is it fair that she overstays her visa, gets subsidized housing that should have gone to an AMERICAN, and we get stuck with her medical expenses on top of that? That is just adding insult to injury.

She is just another of the many parasites and leeches that come here to get all they can out of sappy Americans who don't have the cojones to stand up for our country and what is right for US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
526 posts, read 412,279 times
Reputation: 945
This is a great example of what is wrong with this country's system of asylum, refugee resettlement, and immigration. Even if Obama were not president, the only way she should have been allowed to stay in the country is for Barack Obama, as her closest family member in this country, to sponsor her. That means assuming all responsibility for her support. If he were unwilling to do this, then she should have been deported.

It is typical of so-called "progressives" to be so free in spending other people's money to try to cure all the world's ills, but not be willing to spend a dime of their own.

Why hasn't the mainstream media made more of this case? If this country really had a free and unbiased press, the heat would have gotten so intense that Obama would be forced to pay for her upkeep.

Has anyone looked into her diagnosis? What doctor, what hospital? Has this been verified with a third party? The amount of asylum fraud not just here but in Europe is enormous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Reputation: 4766
Why hasn't the mainstream media made more of this case? If this country really had a free and unbiased press, the heat would have gotten so intense that Obama would be forced to pay for her upkeep.

Yep. The MSM is so liberally-biased/left-leaning...and so in love with Barack Hussein Obama that they won't do anything to damage him or his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top