U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:17 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,889,300 times

Advertisements

She would and should have been deported, if it wasn't for the disease.

Yes, she did commit fraud, but is torture (deporting a person with a painful disease to a country that cannot treat it is torture) a just punishment for that? Or if she would die from that disease if you deported her... would that be fair and just?

We could have the lady stay here, but then prosecute her for fraud and imprison her, while she still gets treatment for her disease.

BTW, Cathy, she's a special case. If you are talking about "another of the many parasites and leeches" - forget about her and think about a more typical case. Since she's staying here, ask for prosecution and imprisonment for fraud. That is just, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
How is it fair that she overstays her visa, gets subsidized housing that should have gone to an AMERICAN, and we get stuck with her medical expenses on top of that? That is just adding insult to injury.

She is just another of the many parasites and leeches that come here to get all they can out of sappy Americans who don't have the cojones to stand up for our country and what is right for US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,320 times
You'd think Obama could afford to support her, rather than have her be a burden on taxpayers. How great does that look---the president's aunt living in subsidized housing on welfare?

Why would she be a target of tribal violence in Kenya? The rest of the family there seems to be doing ok. As a matter of fact, I understand they consider it quite an honor to be related to the president.

I suspect she was allowed to stay in order to keep her from creating a scene, and embarrasing the administration.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 AM

526 posts, read 412,388 times
This just in: "President George W. Bush has an aunt living in a public housing project rent free. She also has been on welfare for many years, and the tax payers are paying for all of her free medical care. The president and his family are declining to contribute to her upkeep"

Obviously an imaginary news story. But can you imagine the firestorm of hate and vitriol that would spew forth over such a state of affairs. It would be so massive he would have had to step forward and support her. But even then, the damage would have been done and it would have been another nail in the coffin of his political legacy.

I say this as someone who never voted for Bush and consider him to be one of the worst presidents we have had. But Obama has gotten a free pass on this one from the media. It shows that there is one standard for Republicans, conservatives, and other Americans not of the "enlightened" elite, and another standard for the establishment "progressives" who see themselves as the natural philospher-king rulers of this country.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:23 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,525,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
She would and should have been deported, if it wasn't for the disease.

Yes, she did commit fraud, but is torture (deporting a person with a painful disease to a country that cannot treat it is torture) a just punishment for that? Or if she would die from that disease if you deported her... would that be fair and just?

We could have the lady stay here, but then prosecute her for fraud and imprison her, while she still gets treatment for her disease.

BTW, Cathy, she's a special case. If you are talking about "another of the many parasites and leeches" - forget about her and think about a more typical case. Since she's staying here, ask for prosecution and imprisonment for fraud. That is just, yes?
I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree here, Vicman.

For all we know, her disease could be trumped up in order to gain sympathy. Guillian-Barre is very rare and can be expensive to treat.

As one other poster mentioned, she was probably kept quiet in order not to embarrass Hussein Obama. There is nothing fair or just about any of this.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,064,731 times
Quote:
Obama's aunt given OK to stay in United States - Local News Updates - MetroDesk - The Boston Globe

"In February, Wong said Onyango would testify that she should stay in this country because she suffers health problems and because she feared that she would become the target of tribal violence if she were forced to return to her homeland. Onyango suffers from Guillain-Barre syndrome, an autoimmune disorder."

How easy is it to get treatment for Guillain-Barre in Kenya?

Obviously you don't live in Mass. and it's not coming out of your pocket! I always have to laugh when someone supports illegals but when it actually affects them it's a whole different story. If you're so concerned why don't you take her in and pay for her with you own money!!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Obviously you don't live in Mass. and it's not coming out of your pocket! I always have to laugh when someone supports illegals but when it actually affects them it's a whole different story. If you're so concerned why don't you take her in and pay for her with you own money!!
Exactly..
And if you think about it........... those whose support illegals, support them with words and other peoples money.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:38 PM

"For all we know, her disease could be trumped up in order to gain sympathy. " - I doubt that the federal court system would be tricked into overestimating a disease, especially with ample medical documentation that could be reviewed by the courts. I think "very rare and can be expensive to treat" should tell you why she's staying here. If Kenya is not capable of treating this disease, we have no choice but to keep her here, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

It is totally inappropriate to use the name "Hussein" as an insult towards Obama. It carries the wrong connotations. This should be not tolerated by the City-data community.

Quote:
I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree here, Vicman.

For all we know, her disease could be trumped up in order to gain sympathy. Guillian-Barre is very rare and can be expensive to treat.

As one other poster mentioned, she was probably kept quiet in order not to embarrass Hussein Obama. There is nothing fair or just about any of this.
It would be possible, but would it be fair?

Also family members are not always in close contact or on the best terms. Look at how Abdulmutallab is getting his defense from the state; his wealthy father in Nigeria is not giving any legal assistance to his son. Usually if family members do really embarrassing things, it doesn't pull family together, it pulls them apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
You'd think Obama could afford to support her, rather than have her be a burden on taxpayers. How great does that look---the president's aunt living in subsidized housing on welfare?
Gixxer: From my understanding the housing project situation in Mass. is due to a court order from the feds. It may actually be better to not be from Mass. as I can determine from a rational perspective what is the best choice, without any baggage or any prejudice for any side. The "best" choice for the country as a whole and for our long term reputation may be detrimental to Massachusetts in a way, but sometimes one just has to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post

Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post

I say this as someone who never voted for Bush and consider him to be one of the worst presidents we have had. But Obama has gotten a free pass on this one from the media. It shows that there is one standard for Republicans, conservatives, and other Americans not of the "enlightened" elite, and another standard for the establishment "progressives" who see themselves as the natural philospher-king rulers of this country.

You got it.

Too bad so many others don't.

Rep points for you.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 AM

How is Obama responsible for the behavior of one of his relatives? She isn't one of his minor children. She is an adult who can make her own choices.

From what I see in the media, Cathy, Steve King is perhaps the only politician who is putting blame on Obama for the granting of asylum: Steve King wants Obama aunt to testify to Congress - War Room - Salon.com = This article has some editorializing from Alex Pareene of Salon, but it also states exactly how King is reasoning his statements.

If Obama had been truly responsible for his aunt's behavior or for the grant of asylum, then I think more politicians would be speaking up against him.

Quote:
[/b]

You got it.

Too bad so many others don't.

Rep points for you.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
How is Obama responsible for the behavior of one of his relatives? She isn't one of his minor children. She is an adult who can make her own choices.

From what I see in the media, Cathy, Steve King is perhaps the only politician who is putting blame on Obama for the granting of asylum: Steve King wants Obama aunt to testify to Congress - War Room - Salon.com = This article has some editorializing from Alex Pareene of Salon, but it also states exactly how King is reasoning his statements.

If Obama had been truly responsible for his aunt's behavior or for the grant of asylum, then I think more politicians would be speaking up against him.
She's only 57 years old?? OMG. I'm going to be sick....

That means that we are going to be stuck with her medical care and room and board for years on end.

BHO isn't directly responsible for his aunt's behavior, but they COULD step up and sponsor her. But they aren't about to do that.

She was denied asylum before BHO was elected. So why was she granted same last month? What is that besides favoritism? She became very well known after he was elected, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration