U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:04 PM

364 posts, read 185,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
1. Congress alone has the power to declare war. As a matter of fact the US is not at war on our border.

2. Therefore, neither do states have a reserved power right to declare war themselves. It isn't articulated anywhere in the US Constitution.

3. You can call me or anyone else any name you choose. You would still be in error. The facts and reality are not on your side.

4. I know some USBP agents and Supervisors. It can be a dangerous position. I can not speak to what one person told you or its veracity.
mexico is becomin
pakistan with tha drug wars
tha usa will send troops
to mexico soon
just a feelin in my gut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,258,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
mexico is becomin
pakistan with tha drug wars
tha usa will send troops
to mexico soon
just a feelin in my gut
They better be undocumented!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,373,161 times
There are thousands of suits filed very year about all kinds of laws. It can take years for them to work there way thru appeals and upto teh supreme court. Many times all that does is make them make minoe changes to comply with rulings even then.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 PM

1,268 posts, read 3,967,524 times
The only reason why the Obama administration is suing Arizona is because they know the Democrats may lose control of Congress in the upcoming elections and they want the vote of Hispanics to help lessen their losses.

The state of Arizona had no choice. They enacted this new law only because the federal government would not do its job in securing the border to protect American citizens. There is nothing racist about this new law. Anyone who says it is a racist law is naive and misinformed or just not being honest about it. The new Arizona law is almost identical to federal law which the feds will not enforce.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:51 PM

353 posts, read 396,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
There are thousands of suits filed very year about all kinds of laws. It can take years for them to work there way thru appeals and upto teh supreme court. Many times all that does is make them make minoe changes to comply with rulings even then.
True, but with the power of preemption the Federal government could and probably would receive injunctive relief barring the law from going into effect July 29.

The language may be changed to comply with Federal law and become essentially 287(g) compliance on a statewide level.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:57 PM

353 posts, read 396,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguillot View Post
The only reason why the Obama administration is suing Arizona is because they know the Democrats may lose control of Congress in the upcoming elections and they want the vote of Hispanics to help lessen their losses.

The state of Arizona had no choice. They enacted this new law only because the federal government would not do its job in securing the border to protect American citizens. There is nothing racist about this new law. Anyone who says it is a racist law is naive and misinformed or just not being honest about it. The new Arizona law is almost identical to federal law which the feds will not enforce.
That is the ONLY reason? It couldn't possibly be another reason?

Electorally, the damage to the GOP has already been done. Just as no R has won statewide election in CA (excluding celebrity Shwarznegger) since Prop 187 in 1994 even though that law was struck down, I think you'll begin to see that play out in AZ as well.

The AZ governor's race will be close now that Brewer has won the support of many within the party by signing this bill. Goddard (D) received a 26% jump jump overnight in Hispanic support of likely voters.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:05 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,923,041 times
It's pretty bad when a President Of The United States defends those that have broken their way into the country... And I include the ex President Bush in there too... And that also goes for any elected politician.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:31 PM

364 posts, read 185,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
That is the ONLY reason? It couldn't possibly be another reason?

Electorally, the damage to the GOP has already been done. Just as no R has won statewide election in CA (excluding celebrity Shwarznegger) since Prop 187 in 1994 even though that law was struck down, I think you'll begin to see that play out in AZ as well.

The AZ governor's race will be close now that Brewer has won the support of many within the party by signing this bill. Goddard (D) received a 26% jump jump overnight in Hispanic support of likely voters.
take away tha illegal aliens
az has few hispanic ppl who are old
enough to vote
an many american hispanic ppl
hate ilegal aliens

Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 PM

563 posts, read 444,289 times
Let me ask this of those that are against the AZ law and want to boycott and condem them for this.....What, specifically are you against in regards to this bill? Be specific. There is enough room for your answers being it really should't take up too much space.

Wake me up when someone answers.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:33 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,258,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Let me ask this of those that are against the AZ law and want to boycott and condem them for this.....What, specifically are you against in regards to this bill? Be specific. There is enough room for your answers being it really should't take up too much space.

Wake me up when someone answers.
Do you expect these whimps to answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration