U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:44 PM

472 posts, read 627,812 times

Advertisements

[quote=Vicman;14687639]

"Most students are foreign now thanks to foolish Americans . " Why are they "foolish" - By getting "foreign" students (who have US citizenship) we allow many points of view, talents, and strengths. We will use the best of all categories to make a nation better than a homogenous one, and better than a fragmented one. A salad is not fragmented. A salad has all parts distributed equally.

quote]

The student involved in this story dpes not have U.S. citizenship.

And, why are his parents (assumed to be illegals) being processed for deportation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 05:02 PM

515 posts, read 605,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I want to know how I can get out of committing crime. I mean, the kid seems nice and all of that, but isn't a crime a crime? Can I get away with something that will better my life? Can I go in a bank, rob it, and as long as I don't hurt anyway, get away with taking the money and spending it? Can I get a slap on the wrist for it? This is really insulting to someone who is a legel resident or citizen. He's from Mexico (he was brought here when he was 4), so they can't use the excuse that he was born here to illegal immigrant parents. This is so messed up. Basically, amongst ALL of the illegal immigrant problems and issues that the USA is having, they find out that someone is here illegally and they say, "Ah, it's OK, don't worry. You're good to stay here." What kind of message does that send? What is the POINT of DHS? For every Mexican undocumented that they allow to stay here because he or she is "soft-spoken" and "wants to research cancer" is another being added to the population of Hispanics that seeks to one day have majority in this country to discriminate and rule.

Every illegal immigrant should just say that they want to research cancer and be soft-spoken so they can stay.

LOL I'm sure they will give him unlimited approval and he will just keep appealing over and over. We sure are a great country, too bad legal residents and U.S.-born citizens aren't getting the love.
But we citizens sure get the "privilege" of paying for all that love!

Old 06-20-2010, 02:12 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
No surprise at all - but what a slap in the face for every LEGAL migrant.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,494,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Our culture is a mosiac salad, Pappy. This is why we don't need to "defend" it in the way you are thinking of. "Our college's look like school let out at the United Nations ! " Good.

"Most students are foreign now thanks to foolish Americans . " Why are they "foolish" - By getting "foreign" students (who have US citizenship) we allow many points of view, talents, and strengths. We will use the best of all categories to make a nation better than a homogenous one, and better than a fragmented one. A salad is not fragmented. A salad has all parts distributed equally.

"THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T CONVINCED OF THEIR UNIQUENESS AND VALUE WILL PERRISH . DAVID LANE ." We are unique by being a salad.

"We no longer defend our culture, values or laws [ others are replacing them ] . We are no longer a nation , period ." On culture, not true. We are a salad nation. As long as a few core values are kept, our salad nation is A-OK. Our values are being kept. And "laws" have always been selectively enforced to allow for realism and so we dont get overwhelmed. However we could drop some marijuana laws to make it easier for our law enforcement and to bite the cartels in the bottom.
well,I dont care for this type of salad..you can come on my street & see why.My illegal neighbors who just LOVE this country sooooo much,are all out flying their mexican flags to celebrate fathers day.Not an american flag in sight except ours.And I'm not talking about tiny flags,but 1/2 the size of a pickup truck.I know some on here wont have a problem with this,but My husband gave his life fighting for this country..both my boys served,and what I'm seeing out front is like a slap in the face to us all.And I also KNOW for a fact they are illegal..I also have to pick up their garbage on a daily bases,do without being able to hear my tv because of their music,have their small children come daily to beg for things and fight the traffic on this small street because they have so many people living in a single family home.So imo,this salad stinks...time to throw it out.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,889,300 times
I'm aware that the student in the story is an illegal. I was responding to Pappy's comments, which were about his general views of American demographics.

Perhaps they are deporting the parents since they feel the kid can fend for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
The student involved in this story dpes not have U.S. citizenship.

And, why are his parents (assumed to be illegals) being processed for deportation?
1. How do you know that they are illegal? Did you ask them?
2. Do people have to fly the American flag to celebrate any holiday (IMO American flags are obligatory on Independence day, but asides from that)? What if I wanted to fly the French flag or the Japanese flag, and my neighbors had similar tastes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
well,I dont care for this type of salad..you can come on my street & see why.My illegal neighbors who just LOVE this country sooooo much,are all out flying their mexican flags to celebrate fathers day.Not an american flag in sight except ours.And I'm not talking about tiny flags,but 1/2 the size of a pickup truck.I know some on here wont have a problem with this,but My husband gave his life fighting for this country..both my boys served,and what I'm seeing out front is like a slap in the face to us all.And I also KNOW for a fact they are illegal..I also have to pick up their garbage on a daily bases,do without being able to hear my tv because of their music,have their small children come daily to beg for things and fight the traffic on this small street because they have so many people living in a single family home.So imo,this salad stinks...time to throw it out.

Last edited by Vicman; 06-20-2010 at 10:01 PM..

Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM

1,310 posts, read 1,145,391 times
Oh, I thought this was about Obama.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Although we don't know how many lies and laws this illegal kid told and broke getting into Havahd the deciding factor as always was that the kid was deemed to be a future democratic voter if amnestied, so the lies and broken laws can be overlooked....by the marxist amnesty democrats in control. And the hispandering value for the marxist amnesty democrats is just off the charts.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:50 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
you have to be kidding right?!

here are some facts. educate yourself.

Fast Facts

The percentage of American college students who are minorities has been increasing. In 1976, 15 percent were minorities, compared with 32 percent in 2007. Much of the change from 1976 to 2007 can be attributed to rising numbers of Hispanic and Asian or Pacific Islander students. During that time period, the percentage of Asian or Pacific Islander students rose from 2 percent to 7 percent and the Hispanic percentage rose from 4 percent to 11 percent. The percentage of Black students was 9 percent at the beginning of the time period and it fluctuated during the early part of the period before rising to 13 percent in 2007. Nonresident aliens for whom race/ethnicity is not reported made up 3 percent of the total enrollment in 2007.

even if the numbers were higher, how is this a bad thing?
would you prefer minorities (or UN lookalikes) not become educated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Our college's look like school let out at the United Nations !

Most students are foreign now thanks to foolish Americans .

THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T CONVINCED OF THEIR UNIQUENESS AND VALUE WILL PERRISH . DAVID LANE .

We no longer defend our culture, values or laws [ others are replacing them ] . We are no longer a nation , period .

Old 06-21-2010, 03:55 PM

29,613 posts, read 31,923,958 times
Good for him. He is exactly the kind of person I want to be fast tracked with citizenship...it's about damn time we became picky about who we bestow that upon, not just hand it to whoever is in the "front of the line". He may save one of your lives someday.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:06 PM

210 posts, read 133,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
No surprise at all - but what a slap in the face for every LEGAL migrant.
Im a legal immigrant, and yes it is a slap in the face. These criminals get a pass, while we (my family) had to wait years before we could enter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration