Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,630,841 times

Advertisements

Harvard student won’t face deportation - The Boston Globe

He gets to stay. Not surprised at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 01:05 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,643,728 times

Now they have a weight for the dream act.

Quote:
ICE spokesman Brian P. Hale confirmed in a statement that Balderas had been granted deferred action, a discretionary authority that federal immigration officials can use to halt a deportation based on the merits of an individual’s case.
This just proves no officials care about illegal aliens unless they're committing violent crimes. Why deport a Harvard illegal student who got in by lying and stealing?

Old 06-19-2010, 02:49 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,784,485 times
Figures, doesn't it?

Old 06-19-2010, 03:10 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,016,529 times
I don't have a problem with him being allowed to stay in the US in order to go to Harvard. However, after he graduates, he needs to return to Mexico and wait in line to become a US citizen without any favoritism. In the meantime, he ought to be brushing up on his Spanish speaking skills.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:22 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,886,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't have a problem with him being allowed to stay in the US in order to go to Harvard. However, after he graduates, he needs to return to Mexico and wait in line to become a US citizen without any favoritism. In the meantime, he ought to be brushing up on his Spanish speaking skills.

This attitude is wha has destoryed this nation . Maybe he can graduate and get a good job that an American would have gotten .

We are getting the nation we deserve alright ! Only a nation of peopel with courage and stammina will survive, not appeasing and complacent .

Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,630,841 times
Does anyone think if he was going to the local Community College he would still be here? He knew he was here illegally so let's reward him but letting him go to Harvard for free. One less legal kid that's gets to go because the scholarship is gone. But who cares. He's a dreamer.........

Old 06-19-2010, 03:32 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,572,902 times
We all know whats going to happen. He is probably going to go to Harvard and get a law or political science degree. Then he is going to run for office in a sanctuary city like LA or San Francisco. After he becomes a politician, then he is going to start demanding more laws to let more illegal scum in and give amnesty.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:33 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,886,031 times
Our college's look like school let out at the United Nations !

Most students are foreign now thanks to foolish Americans .

THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T CONVINCED OF THEIR UNIQUENESS AND VALUE WILL PERRISH . DAVID LANE .

We no longer defend our culture, values or laws [ others are replacing them ] . We are no longer a nation , period .

Old 06-19-2010, 05:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,289,399 times
I want to know how I can get out of committing crime. I mean, the kid seems nice and all of that, but isn't a crime a crime? Can I get away with something that will better my life? Can I go in a bank, rob it, and as long as I don't hurt anyway, get away with taking the money and spending it? Can I get a slap on the wrist for it? This is really insulting to someone who is a legel resident or citizen. He's from Mexico (he was brought here when he was 4), so they can't use the excuse that he was born here to illegal immigrant parents. This is so messed up. Basically, amongst ALL of the illegal immigrant problems and issues that the USA is having, they find out that someone is here illegally and they say, "Ah, it's OK, don't worry. You're good to stay here." What kind of message does that send? What is the POINT of DHS? For every Mexican undocumented that they allow to stay here because he or she is "soft-spoken" and "wants to research cancer" is another being added to the population of Hispanics that seeks to one day have majority in this country to discriminate and rule.

Every illegal immigrant should just say that they want to research cancer and be soft-spoken so they can stay.

Quote:
He could apply to renew the deferred action when it expires, the official said.
LOL I'm sure they will give him unlimited approval and he will just keep appealing over and over. We sure are a great country, too bad legal residents and U.S.-born citizens aren't getting the love.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:11 PM

4,874 posts, read 10,011,743 times
Our culture is a mosiac salad, Pappy. This is why we don't need to "defend" it in the way you are thinking of. "Our college's look like school let out at the United Nations ! " Good.

"Most students are foreign now thanks to foolish Americans . " Why are they "foolish" - By getting "foreign" students (who have US citizenship) we allow many points of view, talents, and strengths. We will use the best of all categories to make a nation better than a homogenous one, and better than a fragmented one. A salad is not fragmented. A salad has all parts distributed equally.

"THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T CONVINCED OF THEIR UNIQUENESS AND VALUE WILL PERRISH . DAVID LANE ." We are unique by being a salad.

"We no longer defend our culture, values or laws [ others are replacing them ] . We are no longer a nation , period ." On culture, not true. We are a salad nation. As long as a few core values are kept, our salad nation is A-OK. Our values are being kept. And "laws" have always been selectively enforced to allow for realism and so we dont get overwhelmed. However we could drop some marijuana laws to make it easier for our law enforcement and to bite the cartels in the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Our college's look like school let out at the United Nations !

Most students are foreign now thanks to foolish Americans .

THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T CONVINCED OF THEIR UNIQUENESS AND VALUE WILL PERRISH . DAVID LANE .

We no longer defend our culture, values or laws [ others are replacing them ] . We are no longer a nation , period .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration