U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:06 AM

1,310 posts, read 1,145,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
A very fine example of Chicago thuggery at work, never letting a crisis go to waste:

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.” | RedState (http://www.redstate.com/coldwarrior/2010/06/19/obama-tells-kyl-in-private-oval-office-meeting-i-wont-secure-border-bc-then-republicans-will-have-no-reason-to-support-comprehensive-immigration-reform/ - broken link)

We've got a traitor, and he's in the oval office!
Obama is full of crap! He won't do anything no matter what the GOP does. "YOU LIE!!!

(can you say "scape goat?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 06:33 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,564,479 times
Hmmmm.....Obama also wants a line item veto. He would use that as a club, too.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Those sound like impeachment worthy words to me.

Oh, stop it.He's done a lot of good things. Besides, neither of the parties wants to get rid of the illegals.The steps that Arizona and now, maybe part of Nebraska, are taking are positive ways to demonstrate the American public's disapproval.Let's focus on illegal immigrationand come up with ideas.
Article Four of the United States Constitution Section 4: Clause 2: Protection from invasion and domestic violence [...] and [The United States] shall protect each of them [the States] against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence. FAIL!

Good things?

Like the health reform monster which will strap our kids in perpetuity? Like the massive Wall Street/Bank bailout with taxpayer dollars? Like refusing to secure the border while doing his damnedest to unleash an unwanted Amnesty on the American people so that he can add enormous amounts of Democrat voters to the rolls while continuing to allow our borders to remain porous?

Oh yeah, he's done a hell of a lot of good.

BTW, we've discussed how to end illegal immigration ad nauseum. No one is listening.

Last edited by Kele; 06-21-2010 at 06:50 AM..

Old 06-21-2010, 06:58 AM

559 posts, read 1,180,345 times
OK Forget our congressmen and other represenatives it appears that Obama hasn't heard from the American people on this issue, time to pressure the white house directly.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 AM

17,999 posts, read 17,159,915 times
Like the health reform monster which will strap our kids in perpetuity? Like the massive Wall Street/Bank bailout with taxpayer dollars? Like refusing to secure the border while doing his damnedest to unleash an unwanted Amnesty on the American people so that he can add enormous amounts of Democrat voters to the rolls while continuing to allow our borders to remain porous?

Speak for yourself but a lot of us want universal health care. (not for illegals, obviously.)

bailouts--Bush was doing bailouts and he would have done more of them if he had remained in office. I don't know whether to be for or against, maybe no one will ever know. On a gut reaction, it seems terrible but someday maybe we'll look back and see that they were necessary.Anyway the subject is illegal immigration. I'm glad some states are taking the initiative. All I've been able to do--and I've done this twice now--is that when the Dem party sends me a letter requesting a donation which includes a survey on how Obama is doing, I add at the end, under other suggestions, "STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!!" I explain how unfair it is to LEGALS, how these people have no criminal check or health check, how they are taking jobs away, how so many of them are transporting drugs.I say that as a registered Democrat I am opposed, as are most of the people I knowhere in Massachusetts.Maybe someone will read that, maybe they won't. I mean, they ARE asking so I'm telling them.We can also contact our senators and congressmen--they all want to be re-elected, don't they?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Another name for Amnesty is; "Operation Segregation"

Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 AM

16,701 posts, read 18,921,823 times
Obama has been doing this for awhile... he is basically holding hostage things that America NEEDS for things that he wants... he did it with the Medicare fix (he want unlimited unemployment benefits), he did it with the Health Insurance regulations (he wanted a public option), etc etc... each time though, he meet a LOT of resistance and lost some of the battles... he has been pretending to "do" something about border security but wants to use it get an Amnesty bill through... If you followed what he has been doing its pretty obvious he is holding up everything for what he wants... instead of what America needs... he figures since we are going to get it through anyways, he might as well "use" them to piggyback his own initiatives... HOWEVER this has been done MANY MANY times by senators, presidents, etc on BOTH sides of the political spectrum...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:42 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Obama has been doing this for awhile... he is basically holding hostage things that America NEEDS for things that he wants... he did it with the Medicare fix (he want unlimited unemployment benefits), he did it with the Health Insurance regulations (he wanted a public option), etc etc... each time though, he meet a LOT of resistance and lost some of the battles... he has been pretending to "do" something about border security but wants to use it get an Amnesty bill through... If you followed what he has been doing its pretty obvious he is holding up everything for what he wants... instead of what America needs... he figures since we are going to get it through anyways, he might as well "use" them to piggyback his own initiatives... HOWEVER this has been done MANY MANY times by senators, presidents, etc on BOTH sides of the political spectrum...
He;s doing the same thing Illegals immigrants are doing in order to get what they want.

Who's following/leading who?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-21-2010 at 12:04 PM..

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Well, it's been blatantly obvious that jimah obama and the marxist amnesty democrat's de facto policy was refusing to secure the border unless securing the border was part of the marxist amnesty democrat's own particular version of comprehensive immigration reform amnesty. So now jimah is lying about what he told Sen Kyle lest the American sheep find out about jimah's malfeasance? And yet the koolaid drinkers continue to support and cover up for this incompetent?

Old 06-21-2010, 03:05 PM

10,713 posts, read 11,416,913 times
Lets not forget MCCAIN was the national front runner for amnesty. If he was in office now, the illegals would be jumping for joy with their new mccain-esty. With that the illegals would be pouring in faster then the oil into the ocean. We should be counting our blessings he's not in office now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration