U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2010, 11:59 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Reputation: 909

Advertisements

A very fine example of Chicago thuggery at work, never letting a crisis go to waste:

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.” | RedState (http://www.redstate.com/coldwarrior/2010/06/19/obama-tells-kyl-in-private-oval-office-meeting-i-wont-secure-border-bc-then-republicans-will-have-no-reason-to-support-comprehensive-immigration-reform/ - broken link)

We've got a traitor, and he's in the oval office!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2010, 12:19 AM
 
Location: east of my daughter-north of my son
1,928 posts, read 3,109,579 times
Reputation: 885
GOP lawmakers seek to halt immigration reform push - CNN.com

I was trying to find the immigration reform act to read it through and found this interesting link. It's from April but it seems no one wants to tackle this bill. I just don't get any of this at all.

Off to try and find the bill to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 12:24 AM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,028,943 times
Reputation: 1377
The sad thing is these elected clowns in both parties have been a bunch of cowards on this issue, even tho 80+ percent of the citizens want them to do their job and enforce protecting our borders and rounding up the illegals and kick thier a's out of here. Elect me, I'll call them on the carpet for their inaction and playing party politics. I might even call them the no good s.o.b.'s they are for not protecting our Nation! Second thought, I could never be that nice to them about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:26 AM
 
10,713 posts, read 11,412,857 times
Reputation: 4751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
The sad thing is these elected clowns in both parties have been a bunch of cowards on this issue, even tho 80+ percent of the citizens want them to do their job and enforce protecting our borders and rounding up the illegals and kick thier a's out of here. Elect me, I'll call them on the carpet for their inaction and playing party politics. I might even call them the no good s.o.b.'s they are for not protecting our Nation! Second thought, I could never be that nice to them about it.
I agree both sides have been doing nothing but dance the issues for years just saying the generic phrase "we need reform"

I think one of the main reasons is it was very un-pc to be anti illegal and being so would bring tons of ridicule, even though most people support it.
I remember a politician (R) running for local office in 06' or so i want to say and he had an anti-illegal tv spot and how he was going to fight it. He got slammed by his party and the public, dropped huge in his poll % and lost. I'm sure from people who deep down agreed, but only fought it as it's the "pc" thing to do.
Until the point gets across loud and clear around the nation "America wants the illegals out, we support tough laws against them, if you do support anti-illegal reform, we will support you, etc,..." Only then will things get done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:41 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
A very fine example of Chicago thuggery at work, never letting a crisis go to waste:

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.” | RedState (http://www.redstate.com/coldwarrior/2010/06/19/obama-tells-kyl-in-private-oval-office-meeting-i-wont-secure-border-bc-then-republicans-will-have-no-reason-to-support-comprehensive-immigration-reform/ - broken link)

We've got a traitor, and he's in the oval office!
Rhetoric and blame is easy...so What does Lariat propose? What should the President and/or the Congress do to secure the border?

1)

2)

3)

4)

Give your top 4 proposals for securring the border that are pracitcal, legal[no move the army down there] and cost effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 06:19 AM
 
Location: US
3,074 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Reputation: 1620
Why can't the wall the built and current immigration laws be aggressively and totally enforced for a start. Why can't we stop giving food stamps, free medical, Social Security benefits, etc. to "non-citizens." Why can't we require anchor babies once they've graduated from our colleges and get good jobs to pay back all the free money their illegal family got over the years raising them while taxpayers paid for their housing, food and education with the handouts previously described above.

Of all your messages I've read, I don't believe I've ever seen any suggestion from you, since you live in Texas and travel all over the state and talk to a lot of people about immigration problems. All I've ever seen you do is disagree with those who want/suggest a resolution. Do you have a suggestion from all those people you say you've talked to that might be helpful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Rhetoric and blame is easy...so What does Lariat propose? What should the President and/or the Congress do to secure the border?

1)

2)

3)

4)

Give your top 4 proposals for securring the border that are pracitcal, legal[no move the army down there] and cost effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Black mail at it's finest. Now that the secret is out, this dork is not going to get away with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Reputation: 4766
Well, #$&* you and the camel you rode in on, Mr. Barack Hussein Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Western North Carolina
4,747 posts, read 7,535,549 times
Reputation: 9681
Sad thing is, in the last Presidential election, neither candidate was willing to stand for the securement of our borders and for the upholding of our immigration laws. Traitors, all of them as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Rhetoric and blame is easy...so What does Lariat propose? What should the President and/or the Congress do to secure the border?

1)

2)

3)

4)

Give your top 4 proposals for securring the border that are pracitcal, legal[no move the army down there] and cost effective.
Cost effective? How much does it cost us for free medical care, education, food stamps, and God knows what else for 7 to 30 million illegals? No one even knows the real number!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top