U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:02 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,648,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Amendment 10
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people.

Only if the state law does not violate federal law. Which this one would. Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of national ancestry. Nothing in the Constitution stipulates that anything in the Bill of Rights protects only citizens. It protects all people equally, citizens or otherwise.
I don't know of any state law that violates federal law. The fact that Obama wants to waste our tax dollars to challenge Arizona doesn't make him right. He is after the hispanic vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 07:23 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,062,236 times
And the administration is only going to interfere as they are with what is going on in Arizona, here Hillary's speech on the matter, Seems Dem's don't have a problem with illegals in this Country, do they not understand that they are our Problem.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:29 PM

946 posts, read 2,126,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Good for them.

We need this to start happening all across America and drive the terrorist illegals back where they belong.
Whoa, I didn't realize we had that problem! Terrorist illegals, my Gawd, they must be heaps worse than those terrorist legals who caused 9/11. Forget your troubles and give the guvm't all the power they need-there's terrorist illegals loose!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:29 PM

25,060 posts, read 21,722,980 times
Quote:
Show Fremont what happens when your greed and hate outstrip your humanity and common sense.
Not everything revolves around bleeding heart touchy feely fuzzy feelings ya'know

Old 06-20-2010, 08:30 PM

11,501 posts, read 12,894,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Some of you think states and cities should make Federal Laws?

No, that is your opinion.

If the feds are not going to protect their citizens then the states have the RIGHT to protect them themselves.

The states have the right to carry out federal laws.

Each state also has the right to add to any federal law as long as it does not overshadow that law.

Each state has the right to arrest any criminal terrorist illegals. After all they are trespassing on state land and committing tons of crimes on our citizens.

So you do not believe the states have the right to protect their citizens? Might as well abolish the states under your ideas.

Bet when Bush was President you thought the exact opposite. Also willing to bet when Obama leaves office you will change your mind back to making sure the feds do not have control anymore.

We need to hunt down, find, arrest and deport every single illegal in America no matter what it takes.

The hypocrisy of left wingers is amazing.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
Whoa, I didn't realize we had that problem! Terrorist illegals, my Gawd, they must be heaps worse than those terrorist legals who caused 9/11. Forget your troubles and give the guvm't all the power they need-there's terrorist illegals loose!

They are terrorist plain and simple.

Explain to me how they are NOT terrorist. Cannot wait to see your explanation.

Last time I checked it was considered unlawful violence onto others, which is exactly what the illegals are doing in large numbers to our citizens.

Waiting for your explanation.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 PM

42,670 posts, read 70,569,024 times
Quote:
No, that is your opinion.

If the feds are not going to protect their citizens then the states have the RIGHT to protect them themselves.
The Bill of Rights does not protect citizens. It protects people. Read it once.

Quote:

We need to hunt down, find, arrest and deport every single illegal in America no matter what it takes.

We just spent a trillion dollars trying to hunt down ONE man and never even got a glimpse of him. A trillion dollars is $10,000 from every workers paycheck. Mail in your check for that expense, and we can then start in on the next one of the 12-million you are after.

Quote:

Explain to me how they are NOT terrorist. Cannot wait to see your explanation.

Last time I checked it was considered unlawful violence onto others, .
Last time I checked, cutting grass or child-care were not considered violence unto others. Nor meat-packing in Fremont, Nebraska, for that matter.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-20-2010 at 08:54 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM

816 posts, read 1,605,417 times
Quote:
Last time I checked, cutting grass or child-care were not considered violence unto others. Nor meat-packing in Fremont, Nebraska, for that matter.
Racist!

I was called racist for saying that by a Democrat. So funny. I didn't give a s*** because they'll say that no matter what.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
The Bill of Rights does not protect citizens. It protects people. Read it once.

Read it many times but nice try to hand pick things to argue your invalid point.

So are you saying illegals have rights?

We just spent a trillion dollars trying to hunt down ONE man and never even got a glimpse of him. A trillion dollars is $10,000 from every workers paycheck. Mail in your check for that expense, and we can then start in on the next one of the 12-million you are after.

12 million is a democratic number. It is more like 35 million criminal trespassing disease carrying illegals here. I have a way to catch them all but I am sure the liberals will go wild with my idea so I wont post it.

Nice of you to pick a few things they do.

Anything they do if they are illegal is a crime. They are here illegally and are criminals and trespassing.

Look it up, 23% of our prisons are full of illegal terrorist criminals who needs to be deported so my tax money does not go to waste feeding them.

Mexican illegals are killing, raping, stealing, murdering and committing tons of crimes all over the US. What about the Arizona rancher who was recently MURDERED for trying to protect his lands them these terrorist.
Maybe you should tell his family he was in the wrong for protecting his land and his family from the scumbags.

Liberals have problems with facts so I will train you like I have many others.

Illegal terrorist:

Illegals MURDER and KILL on average 12 American citizens a day.

Illegals commit 1 million rapes and sex crimes on US citizens per year.

Illegals commit over 1 MILLION crimes on US citizens per year.

American tax payers spend 100 billion dollars per year in Arizona alone on the terrorist kids who are also here illegally by feeding them, housing them, giving them free healthcare and spreading their diseases to our kids at our schools.

Illegals kill 4,000 American citizens per year by driving while drunk.

There are 240,000 illegal sex offenders in the US who on average have at least 4 victims before they got caught.

The list goes on and on.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,534,908 times
Are we allowed to go to the Nebraska sub-forum to remind them to vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or