U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM

69,422 posts, read 79,656,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It should be no legal residency = no welfare - PERIOD.
of course it should. I have nothing but positive feelings for anyone who has come to this or any other country legally and wants a better life. I have nothing but resentment for anyone who comes her illegally and expects any handouts, no matter how small. When Ellis Island was the port of entry for our country, people came here with hopes, dreams and good work ethics. None of them knew the word welfare..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,091,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course it should. I have nothing but positive feelings for anyone who has come to this or any other country legally and wants a better life. I have nothing but resentment for anyone who comes her illegally and expects any handouts, no matter how small. When Ellis Island was the port of entry for our country, people came here with hopes, dreams and good work ethics. None of them knew the word welfare..

Nita

Illegal aliens are not entitiled to welfare, and how does Welfare have anything to do with pay for work preformed.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,140,296 times
Why doesn't congress make a law stating that you can ONLY pay them 5 cents on the dollar for work they do. Wouldn't that make them return home?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM

32,838 posts, read 30,126,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why doesn't congress make a law stating that you can ONLY pay them 5 cents on the dollar for work they do. Wouldn't that make them return home?
actually, make them pay them double and no one would use them.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:51 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
actually, make them pay them double and no one would use them.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:27 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,169,146 times
No surprise here.
Many Mexican American Politicians allegiance lies with Mexico unfortunately. Many of them are Anchor Babies and have Illegal relatives. Hilda Solis, Antonio Villaraigosa and majority led Mexican American Communities such as Maywood, Santa Ana and a host of others. You will find many Cities and City Councils with a large number of people with Spanish surnames are often sympathetic to La Raza's cause.

And this would also include writers and columnists in many newspapers and others up in arms about this. They often put theis race first and give it the highest priority over all other Americans.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:02 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,695,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
No surprise here.
Many Mexican American Politicians allegiance lies with Mexico unfortunately. Many of them are Anchor Babies and have Illegal relatives. Hilda Solis, Antonio Villaraigosa and majority led Mexican American Communities such as Maywood, Santa Ana and a host of others. You will find many Cities and City Councils with a large number of people with Spanish surnames are often sympathetic to La Raza's cause.

And this would also include writers and columnists in many newspapers and others up in arms about this. They often put theis race first and give it the highest priority over all other Americans.
This might be true but there are many people with Spanish surnames who are against illegal immigration.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:16 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,342,271 times
I was just thinking the same thing. Employers will break the law to save money, but if you take away the incentive. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
If you are against illegal migration, you should be applauding the fact that illegals have the right to sue employers to be paid a fair wage.

That will make it much more expensive to hire illegal alien labor.

Illegal aliens will probably get fired and then ICE can deport them.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:18 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,169,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
This might be true but there are many people with Spanish surnames who are against illegal immigration.
I agree that there are just as many Americans of Hispanic Heritage who are loyal to the US, but the Pro Illegal ones try to paint all opposed to their treasonous BS as racists.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:27 PM

406 posts, read 417,760 times
It all doesn't matter unless anything is enforced! I can tell you where to find plenty of illegals working here in Phoenix. I've called to file a complaint but I was told there is nothing that they can do. I can't even get Sheriff Joe Arpaio out to pick up these illegals. Nothing will work unless we can enforce the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or