Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yeah right. You have posted provisions of the Constitution, certain edited portions of State and Federal Laws defending Illegal Aliens and CONVIENENTLY omitted or ignored the coutless Laws regarding Illegal Immigration so to further support criminal Illegal Aliens .

Just like you easily left out that there are numerous Laws on the books that Hilda Solis and Antonio Villaraigosa REFUSE to enforce because of their Pro Illegal Criminal Agenda. Nice Try , but you FAILED again!!!

If you feel that I have ommitted any provision to any law that you believe bolsters your point, why not cite the provision?

Its easy to say, way after the fact, what "I" failed to do, yet not point the finger right back at yourself for doing the same thing.

Next time I cite any law...which you feel defends illegal aliens, feel free to join in and PROVE me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 09:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
It really is about the destruction of the American middle class. Just like Americans are being denied a college education while the politicians especially democrat politicians are trying to push through a "dream act" which guarantees illegals whatever education they want at the college of their choice along with quick easy citizenship, the politicians are now trying to raise the status of illegal foreigners over Americans.

The truth is, the illegals are not coming to do the hard work for little pay - they want the whole enchilada, they want free college, free health care, good pay, social security checks.

This is really about the NAU -- the merging of the countries of the North American continent, that's the globalist dream. No more American middle class, no more USA. It's very big quick profits for the internationalists by eliminating the separate countries and creating a cheap labor empire for themselves.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:01 PM

5 posts, read 3,218 times
If illegal immigrants are paid a fair wage (even to an American citizen) wouldn't that mean that our buisnesses would suffer since we expect illegals to work in such horrid conditions that we would not want to work in ourselfs for less pay. In increase or pay of "fair wage" would costing buisness owners a lot of money. No one should be paid a fair wage that would be bad for American Buisnesses.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aker49 View Post
If illegal immigrants are paid a fair wage (even to an American citizen) wouldn't that mean that our buisnesses would suffer since we expect illegals to work in such horrid conditions that we would not want to work in ourselfs for less pay. In increase or pay of "fair wage" would costing buisness owners a lot of money. No one should be paid a fair wage that would be bad for American Buisnesses.
Actually if illegals were paid on a scale= to US citizens the illegals would actually net more. Us legals have to pay all of our taxes.
Besides we should never reward the criminals for thier behavior and crimes.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually if illegals were paid on a scale= to US citizens the illegals would actually net more. Us legals have to pay all of our taxes.
Besides we should never reward the criminals for thier behavior and crimes.
Who are the criminals though those who hire the illegal immigrant or those people coming from poverty as my family has done in the past? If we paid people the same wage would Americans who are out of work be more willing to work these jobs that are considered unfit if they could support their family from the wage they obtain?

Old 11-17-2010, 05:21 PM

344 posts, read 462,309 times
Quote:
Who are the criminals though those who hire the illegal immigrant or those people coming from poverty as my family has done in the past? If we paid people the same wage would Americans who are out of work be more willing to work these jobs that are considered unfit if they could support their family from the wage they obtain?
Both.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Oh, I see let's let the rich get richer and the poor get poorer by allowing them to keep their cheap, illegal labor. Brilliant! If an American can't make a fair wage then they won't be able to purchase these businesses' goods. Yeah, that makes sense.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
The criminals would be both the employer who uses illegals and the illegals themselves.
In this I do include Joe Homeowner who is too cheap to hire a licensed contractor or too lazy to do the work himself.
The illegals. They and their supporters would love for everyone to believe that they are simply honest hard working people trying to make a living.
The reality is they are tax cheats, ID thieves, and are anything but honest. The hard working part is also debatable.
Would americans do construction work? Seems like quite a few do and even more did before the illegals invaded and low balled the industry.
Do americans work on farms? Well every one of my neighbors who are farmers work their own farms. Nope they don't hire illegals either.
Hotel and resturant help. Hmmm This is a favorite of illegals and their supporters. But alas one need only travel to any resturant in the Wyoming Valley and see (Gasp) local folks slinging hash, local women doing the house keeping at the hotels.
You nailed 1 thing though. Pay a fair wage and Americans can and will do the work. We just won't do it for sub par wages. The law says we don't have too.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
They are both criminals. The employers should be paying Americans a fair wage for jobs. Illegal aliens need to be taken out of the equasion. They have no right to work in this country.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh, I see let's let the rich get richer and the poor get poorer by allowing them to keep their cheap, illegal labor. Brilliant! If an American can't make a fair wage then they won't be able to purchase these businesses' goods. Yeah, that makes sense.
That post was sarcastic. Glad to hear you agree with me, everyone who works in this country deserves a fair wage if we pay everyone a fair wage then people who need work will work. The only people to blame for the amount of illegal immigrant workers in this country are the people paying illegal immigrants wages that go against the wages that Americans would except themselves. We can't blame people for coming to our pastures of plenty if we dangle a carrot(job) in front of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration