Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:41 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Arizona can enforce USA immigration law, but it cannot make immigration law, violates 10th amendment of the Constitution.

Great because the Federal Laws are stricter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:03 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The Country of Mexico HAS NOT Filed Suit Against Arizona Immigration Law.
Quote:
They submitted a legal brief supporting one of the existing 5 lawsuits - filed by Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's not a lawsuit against Arizona.
Quote:
That's a brief submitted to the court as an interested party in the court's decision.

BIG difference between suing someone, and submitting a brief in a court proceeding.
Quote:
There's no lawsuit filed by Mexico against Arizona.

Quote:
More like literate. A brief is not a lawsuit. The stupidity on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Quote:
Mexico has not filed a lawsuit. Plain ole lie. More trolling from a troll. Troll on.
The government of MEXICO TODAY FORMALLY JOINED A LAWSUIT IN FEDERAL COURT challenging Arizona's new immigration law.

Last edited by highcotton; 06-22-2010 at 08:02 PM..

Old 06-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Great because the Federal Laws are stricter.
Yes they are - much more so...

Old 06-22-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
The Country of Mexico HAS NOT Filed Suit Against Arizona Immigration Law.
Quote:
They submitted a legal brief supporting one of the existing 5 lawsuits - filed by Americans.
Quote:
That's not a lawsuit against Arizona.
Quote:
That's a brief submitted to the court as an interested party in the court's decision.

BIG difference between suing someone, and submitting a brief in a court proceeding.
Quote:
There's no lawsuit filed by Mexico against Arizona.

Quote:
More like literate. A brief is not a lawsuit. The stupidity on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Quote:
Mexico has not filed a lawsuit. Plain ole lie. More trolling from a troll. Troll on.
The government of MEXICO TODAY FORMALLY JOINED A LAWSUIT IN FEDERAL COURT challenging Arizona's new immigration law.

What's this about only filing a brief? No comments about joining the lawsuit!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:22 PM

325 posts, read 235,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

What's this about only filing a brief? No comments about joining the lawsuit!
They still have not FILED a lawsuit, which is what you said in the OP. Why is this so hard to understand. This thread is nothing but lies, lies , lies.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
They still have not FILED a lawsuit, which is what you said in the OP. Why is this so hard to understand. This thread is nothing but lies, lies , lies.
The realtime news service is what actually said that Mexico had filed suit against the Arizona immigration law. The reality is that - Mexico did indeed file to join the lawsuit against the Arizona law. I don't know why you don't accept or understand this fact! And the fact that Mexico did file to join the lawsuit is absolutely true, even if ignorant people think it's nothing but a lie.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:34 PM

325 posts, read 235,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The realtime news service is what actually said that Mexico had filed suit against the Arizona immigration law. The reality is that - Mexico did indeed file to join the lawsuit against the Arizona law. I don't know why you don't accept or understand this fact! And the fact that Mexico did file to join the lawsuit is absolutely true, even if ignorant people think it's nothing but a lie.
Let me explain something to you, joining a lawsuit, filing a brief, is NOT the same as filing a lawsuit. I can join the lawsuit against AZ, doesn't mean I filed it. No one is disputing that the joined it, the question is whether the filed it, which they have not. You see, a lawsuit can only be filed once, unless it's closed or you file a completely different one. Understand?? Let me explain it again, file means to bring forth, to initiate, the lawsuit against AZ was already filed, Mexico just added to it. You can't bring it forward more than once. Once it's filed thats it, no refiling. Understand???? I realize our education system in the US is horrendous, but I don't think this is that hard to comprehend.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:55 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,947 times
Quote:
try reading the articles, yes you are right the stupidity here is obvious and rampant.

The government of Mexico today formally joined a lawsuit in federal court challenging Arizona's new immigration law, saying that the highest levels of the Mexican government have grave concerns about it.

joined means:

For two or more persons to join together as coplaintiffs or codefendants in a lawsuit, they generally must share similar rights or liabilities. At common law a person could not be added as a plaintiff unless that person, jointly with the other plaintiffs, was entitled to the whole recovery. A person could not be added as a defendant unless that person, jointly with the other defendants, was liable for the entire demand. To be more efficient, reduce costs, and reduce litigation.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Let me explain something to you, joining a lawsuit, filing a brief, is NOT the same as filing a lawsuit. I can join the lawsuit against AZ, doesn't mean I filed it. No one is disputing that the joined it, the question is whether the filed it, which they have not. You see, a lawsuit can only be filed once, unless it's closed or you file a completely different one. Understand?? Let me explain it again, file means to bring forth, to initiate, the lawsuit against AZ was already filed, Mexico just added to it. You can't bring it forward more than once. Once it's filed thats it, no refiling. Understand???? I realize our education system in the US is horrendous, but I don't think this is that hard to comprehend.
I suggest that you don't try to teach me law. Sorry to inform you that mutiple lawsuits can be filed, but oftentimes all such suits are joined (as one) so a judge can hear the case just one time and make a ruling. The early news today was that Mexico had filed a lawsuit, however later in the day it was confirmed that Mexico had joined a lawsuit. The bottom line is - it's makes no difference whether Mexico filed a separate suit or joined one...Mexico is suing Arizona over the state's immigration law.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:05 PM

Tuco - Can you read and comprehend?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/22/mexico-files-lawsuit-overturn-arizona-immigration-law/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration