U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:05 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,040,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Too bad that Mexico doesn't put as much effort into equalizing their own society/country. Even worse, too bad that the sycophantic press in this country doesn't call Mexican leadership on their hypocrisy.
I heard about this one on Fox and Megyn Kelly was doing exactly what you say. She had some lawyers on, she is one also, who said exactly those things about how silly this is. Also, they mentioned the other nations who have been howling about this. UN foolishness, I think. They don't have any legal standing either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Even Anne Coulter says the birthers are nuts. Bad comparison.

Good Lord. You don't understand political gestures at all, do you?

They KNOW they don't have standing but it's about principle.

Can't believe I need to explain this.
How many of those birthers weren't citizens and voters in this nation. I know one of them who sure is both of those things and would be very unhappy if some judge told him that was the reason he couldn't force action that should have jarred something loose because of the Freedom of Information act. I guess it best I just keep howling here and let the judges play their games of protect the President at all costs.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:19 PM

39,036 posts, read 23,160,162 times
Mexico has not filed a lawsuit against Arizona.

Mexico has submitted a brief in a pending lawsuit.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:27 PM

5,774 posts, read 6,658,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

I don't think 1) They know the difference. 2) That they care if there is a difference. 3) They only care that they can try to persuade those who are quick triggered and can't read for themselves that what they put out is the actual truth, and not what is really the truth.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,013,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
I don't think 1) They know the difference. 2) That they care if there is a difference. 3) They only care that they can try to persuade those who are quick triggered and can't read for themselves that what they put out is the actual truth, and not what is really the truth.
The truth is simple Mexico is openly against the Arizona's anti-illegal immigration law.
It doesn't matter if they file the suit or not.
I'm sure they would if they had the opportunity.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:46 PM

39,036 posts, read 23,160,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
The truth is simple Mexico is openly against the Arizona's anti-illegal immigration law.
It doesn't matter if they file the suit or not.
I'm sure they would if they had the opportunity.
It does matter when that is what the OP is asserting.

So what if a foreign country doesn't like some American law.

Who cares? I mean, really, who cares whether Mexico likes a law in Arizona or not? What matters is if the law is Constitutional, and whether the people of Arizona like the law. I don't like the law, myself. But I don't live in Arizona, and as an American I only care that the law meet the Constitutional requirements.

I would care if a foreign country took an American state to court. But Mexico isn't doing that. So the OP on this thread is mistaken.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:26 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,037,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
So what? They are submitting a brief in the lawsuit as opposed to suing the state of Arizona.....Does that negate the utter and complete hypocrisy of Mexico demanding we treat their citizens better then they treat them? That the US should lie down and passively pee because Calderon wants the US to continue to take in the flotsom of Mexican society?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,792,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
a bill that alienates an entire culture of American Society for very minimal results.
Alienate illegal aliens? Sounds like a plan.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Preliminaries always seem so much like the very trick to me.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,013,585 times
Quote:
It does matter when that is what the OP is asserting.

So what if a foreign country doesn't like some American law.

Who cares? I mean, really, who cares whether Mexico likes a law in Arizona or not? What matters is if the law is Constitutional, and whether the people of Arizona like the law. I don't like the law, myself. But I don't live in Arizona, and as an American I only care that the law meet the Constitutional requirements.

I would care if a foreign country took an American state to court. But Mexico isn't doing that. So the OP on this thread is mistaken.
Mexico on Tuesday submitted a legal brief in support of one of five lawsuits challenging the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or