U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2010, 02:05 PM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Reputation: 2437

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I was replying to the hysterical tone of the OP, who doesnt seem to understand that this has been an issue for quite a while.
You can't face the reality that Obama is the ONLY President in recent memory that PROMISED Amnesty and gave them a timeline.

His first year in office. Another famous Obama lie. Or do you dispute this? Obama said He would address CIR ( Amnesty ) in His first year in office.
It is now 18 months. You don't seem to understand Obama is in office NOW. We cannot change the past, those Presidents in the past were wrong also. Reagan, Bush 1 & 2, Clinton and now Obama are wrong on this issue. When you don't have a legitimate arguement resort to name calling.

If your comparing Obama to Bush you have set the bar extremely low. Both are inept. Obama needs to man up and make a decision. Next Obama supporters are going to blame Bush for getting rid of Mc Chrystal.

 
Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You can't face the reality that Obama is the ONLY President in recent memory that PROMISED Amnesty and gave them a timeline.

His first year in office. Another famous Obama lie. Or do you dispute this? Obama said He would address CIR ( Amnesty ) in His first year in office.
It is now 18 months.
Lol. Yes, I dispute that it was a lie. See Oct 22 2009 update.

PolitiFact | Provide a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants - Obama promise No. 288:

As for "lies," you could probably benefit from wandering around in the promises kept/broken/stalled lists at that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You don't seem to understand Obama is in office NOW. We cannot change the past, those Presidents in the past were wrong also. Reagan, Bush 1 & 2, Clinton and now Obama are wrong on this issue. When you don't have a legitimate arguement resort to name calling.
What name calling? It is a fact that the illegal immigration issue is ancient news. Sorry if you dont want to be reminded of that and would prefer to believe they all flooded in on January 20 2009.
 
Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Reputation: 2437
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol. Yes, I dispute that it was a lie. See Oct 22 2009 update.

PolitiFact | Provide a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants - Obama promise No. 288:

As for "lies," you could probably benefit from wandering around in the promises kept/broken/stalled lists at that site.

What name calling? It is a fact that the illegal immigration issue is ancient news. Sorry if you dont want to be reminded of that and would prefer to believe they all flooded in on January 20 2009.
You are stating the obvious, No they didn't just all arrive. It is Obama who has to deal with this now. Blanket Amnesty will not work, it didn't work under Reagan and it won't work now.

It will only set this Country up for future problems when millions more flood in. The Federal Government needs to enforce the laws we already have in place instead of enacting more legislation. It makes no sense if we are to follow Obama's flawed reasoning when He states that we should reward those that follow the rules ( Laws ).

What Rules? Certainly not the many they violated coming here and continue to violate and break while still here. BTW there are already Laws and paths to citizenship, these criminals decided that they were special and ignored them.
 
Old 06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
 
563 posts, read 442,309 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
See, until you understand that this will never happen it's like debating with a puppy. Sorry.

You personally have never had a say in who gets citizenship, and that isn't going to change.
Of course it isn't going to happen. We do not have a President with a set of balls. His wife apparently has a much bigger set. He will also bow down to the countries that feel offended and massage their set as well.

You are correct, I do not have a say to who gets citizenship. That is saved right now for a Socialist Kenyan named Obama!

November 2nd, Change we can ALL believe in!! Rick Scott for Florida Gov. Arizona law will be here when he is elected. One step at a time to getting our country back.
 
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Of course it isn't going to happen. We do not have a President with a set of balls. His wife apparently has a much bigger set. He will also bow down to the countries that feel offended and massage their set as well.

You are correct, I do not have a say to who gets citizenship. That is saved right now for a Socialist Kenyan named Obama!

November 2nd, Change we can ALL believe in!! Rick Scott for Florida Gov. Arizona law will be here when he is elected. One step at a time to getting our country back.
May I ask you a question?

What exactly do you mean when you say "getting our country back"?
 
Old 06-23-2010, 05:09 PM
 
515 posts, read 605,535 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I really think that if he does do this, the military may take control and imprison him for crimes against the republic. Such a decision to grant amnesty to illegals could precipitate a civil war.

If it does come to that (shudder), I think we just got a clear message about whose side our military will be on.

Thanks General! It is good to know that you will not support a despot over or against the citizens.
.
 
Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, that right wing ultra conservative religious racist man on CNN, out to get Obama.

Oh it gets better.

OBAMAS OWN WEBSITE

Responsibility from people who are living in the United States illegally: Undocumented workers who are in good standing must admit that they broke the law, pay taxes and a penalty, learn English, and get right with the law before they can get in line to earn their citizenship
Organizing for America | BarackObama.com (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigrationreform/index.php - broken link)

Yes twista, THATS AMNESTY, and it doesnt seem like you even know what your own candidate stands for..
Glad you know the difference, and thanks for settign him straight. Some don't know what Amnesty is, if it hit them in the face. If he does do this, time to impeach this ---.
 
Old 06-23-2010, 05:26 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Has anyone answered the question as to what has Obama done for the good of this country? Waiting over a year for this answer.
You'll be waiting another year, without a answer to. There is no good that can come from this President.
 
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 PM
 
563 posts, read 442,309 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
May I ask you a question?

What exactly do you mean when you say "getting our country back"?
What I mean is this Country has been slipping away from us for a while. It has gotten to the point where you have to watch everything that you do and say. You might offend someone or some group. Signs in stores and lables are now written in English and Spanish. Who pays for that? Those savings get passed to the customers.

In Florida, lets take something like voting. They have it in 3 different languages to make it more "convenient" for those whose native tongues are something other than English.

We are catering too much to other nations at what cost? When Obama was elected, I wanted to see him do good for this Country. I gave him at the start the first quarter of his first year. I then said, I will give him a full year before passing judgement. I have not seen one good thing done to help this country. He has bowed to other leaders, went and appologized, shoved this health insurance reform down our throats, wants to sue a State for wanting to protect themselves and their borders.

We are quickly losing our Country. It is time to get these career politicians out and get leaders that have a set to get us back on track. Politicians forget, they are supposed to be in office to serve and help "the people of the US". I have nothing against other cultures being here. I have nothing against immigration when done correctly. I do not think we should be rewarding these people for sneaking into the country.

When Americans are overlooked for jobs that they are well qualified for because they can not speak Spanish as an example, what does that say for us?

This is the point where I would be calling you names, but since you are a Phillies fan, I just can't bring myself to it...lol.

But that book above is what I mean!!
 
Old 06-23-2010, 05:28 PM
 
563 posts, read 442,309 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You'll be waiting another year, without a answer to. There is no good that can come from this President.
For a minute, I thought it was just me being blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top