U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:29 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,440,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You're right. He isn't reckless when it comes to his own survival. He's cunning and shrewd and calculating. He impresses me as someone who will throw anyone under the bus who gets in his way or has outlived their usefulness to him, but reckless if it means his own decline? Never.
Thank You southward bound; and yes your so right. He will do or say anything to save his own neck, most know this by now. He is extremely shrewd, and very calculating. He won't think twice of throwing anyone under the bus, to save his own skin. Rev Wright ring a bell!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:35 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,546,321 times
Well I guess those in the WH resigning are getting out before they get thrown out ?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,067,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
What I mean is this Country has been slipping away from us for a while. It has gotten to the point where you have to watch everything that you do and say. You might offend someone or some group. Signs in stores and lables are now written in English and Spanish. Who pays for that? Those savings get passed to the customers.

In Florida, lets take something like voting. They have it in 3 different languages to make it more "convenient" for those whose native tongues are something other than English.

We are catering too much to other nations at what cost? When Obama was elected, I wanted to see him do good for this Country. I gave him at the start the first quarter of his first year. I then said, I will give him a full year before passing judgement. I have not seen one good thing done to help this country. He has bowed to other leaders, went and appologized, shoved this health insurance reform down our throats, wants to sue a State for wanting to protect themselves and their borders.

We are quickly losing our Country. It is time to get these career politicians out and get leaders that have a set to get us back on track. Politicians forget, they are supposed to be in office to serve and help "the people of the US". I have nothing against other cultures being here. I have nothing against immigration when done correctly. I do not think we should be rewarding these people for sneaking into the country.

When Americans are overlooked for jobs that they are well qualified for because they can not speak Spanish as an example, what does that say for us?

This is the point where I would be calling you names, but since you are a Phillies fan, I just can't bring myself to it...lol.

But that book above is what I mean!!
Why would you want to call me names? Because you got wound up writing about an issue that upsets you?

Thank you for the detailed reply, but it's still kind of fuzzy as to what you want to take it back to, and how you intend to untangle the knots that have been tied and retied globally through the years.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:31 PM

29,743 posts, read 32,259,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why would you want to call me names? Because you got wound up writing about an issue that upsets you?

Thank you for the detailed reply, but it's still kind of fuzzy as to what you want to take it back to, and how you intend to untangle the knots that have been tied and retied globally through the years.

Nobody thinks beyond "take it back". That phase feels empowering, as if THEY had IT to begin with and the world was rosy 24/7 for everyone. Thinking about what it all means and how it would all take place...well that's something else again.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,053,274 times
Take it back from the claws of liberalism.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:40 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,067,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Take it back from the claws of liberalism.

Can you be specific?

Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,622,103 times
Quote:
May I ask you a question?

What exactly do you mean when you say "getting our country back"?
For me I think it may be the same as when Obama claimed he was "hope and change", you can ask a similar question...What do you want changed?

I want the POTUS to listen to the people and be that glass window that was promised.

I want the two sides working together for the betterment of the COUNTRY not their re-election, party affiliation, or highest bidder.

I want a balanced budget not runaway spending.

I want secure borders and I want people to come to America legally.

If you are here illegally, I want you out, then you can come back the legal way.

I do not want bills passed that the country is not for.

I do not want a POTUS finding every trick in the book to enact his agenda.

I want the wars we are fighting to be fought to win or get out.

I want the POTUS to figure out how to get America to work again.

I do not want the Government bailing out any company.

I want the government to follow the Constitution and the laws not figure out ways around them.

I want the POTUS to act like a POTUS.

I want full and complete vetting of all elected and appointed positions so the whole Country will know what it is getting.

I am sure I can think of more but this will do for now.

<*))>< TG

Old 06-23-2010, 09:08 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,546,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, I don't know. It seems like the topic is that some Republican senators, one of whom has a habit of creating division by falsely assigning intentions to this administration, decided that they'd heard a "rumor" that Obama was going to use his executive powers to provide amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. Acting on that "rumor", they wrote a letter.

The reality, of course, is that they wanted to stir the pot. Because the senators aren't stupid. They know that a blanket amnesty of this sort granted unilaterally would be political suicide. They know that Obama knows it would be political suicide. They know that Obama, unlike a certain previous president, is not a fan of unilateral actions. They know that Obama, whatever his stance on amnesty, isn't going to use his executive powers in this way. But they also know that there are so many people who are opposed to the President, who won't bother to think this issue through, who will rally to the senators support. And they are right. On every count.
Wow..what a thought. Shift blame or ownership of this "amnesty" over to the President. Just in time for November elections. Congress gets to wash their hands ..it's not their idea after all so they should be re-elected.

Brilliant move..simply brillant.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,123,324 times
If Obama does this he will need to resign as his own party will be asking for his resignation.

The huge majority of real Americans want ALL of the illegals deported.

The majority are against any type of amnesty.

We want them to leave.

If this pans out Obama will be toast, even more then he is now.

People-

Wake up, this is just a game by the loons on the left.

They are trying to scam you with switching blame around.

The entire demwit hate American party are all for amnesty.

FIRE THE PARTY OF NO, the DEMnoCRATS!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,053,274 times
Quote:

Can you be specific?

Okay, it started before Obama but he's pushed this liberal agenda way too far.
And we want our country back means getting it back to the conservative principals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or