Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:31 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002
Not once has Obama ever stated he was for amnesty. I dare any rightwinger to prove otherwise.

YouTube - CNN- Obama = Amnesty For Illegal Aliens

YouTube - John McCain & Barack Obama Promise Amnesty During Campaigns

You liberals dont even know where your own candidate stands on issues.. Jesus..

They are the same person? I dare you to prove they are...
OUCH!!!!!!! "twista6002" you just got KTFO!

pghquest, that was awesome!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
That was some nice spin by Dobbs. Obama stated he desires to enforce immigration and beef up border security. Not once in either link did he clearly state he favors amnesty. It was a well-spun piece by Dobbs.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:13 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Senators Challenge Pres. Obama on Possible Executive Order Amnesty - Patriotic Resistance (http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/senators-challenge-pres-obama - broken link)

If this BS comes to pass we will truly be living in a Dictatorship!!!

It will be the end of the Country as we know it, time to impeach this Traitor that REFUSES to secure our Borders and Has foeign invader interests as His main priority.

I really think that if he does do this, the military may take control and imprison him for crimes against the republic. Such a decision to grant amnesty to illegals could precipitate a civil war.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
That was some nice spin by Dobbs. Obama stated he desires to enforce immigration and beef up border security. Not once in either link did he clearly state he favors amnesty. It was a well-spun piece by Dobbs.
yeah, that right wing ultra conservative religious racist man on CNN, out to get Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0815 View Post
Gosh, he did say that he wants a " path to citizenship" for illegals. That IS what an amnesty is.
Oh it gets better.

OBAMAS OWN WEBSITE

Responsibility from people who are living in the United States illegally: Undocumented workers who are in good standing must admit that they broke the law, pay taxes and a penalty, learn English, and get right with the law before they can get in line to earn their citizenship
Organizing for America | BarackObama.com (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigrationreform/index.php - broken link)

Yes twista, THATS AMNESTY, and it doesnt seem like you even know what your own candidate stands for..

Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, that right wing ultra conservative religious racist man on CNN, out to get Obama.

Oh it gets better.

OBAMAS OWN WEBSITE

Responsibility from people who are living in the United States illegally: Undocumented workers who are in good standing must admit that they broke the law, pay taxes and a penalty, learn English, and get right with the law before they can get in line to earn their citizenship
Organizing for America | BarackObama.com (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigrationreform/index.php - broken link)

Yes twista, THATS AMNESTY, and it doesnt seem like you even know what your own candidate stands for..

Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Not once has Obama ever stated he was for amnesty. I dare any rightwinger to prove otherwise.
Besides I have to laugh. The people loading their shotguns and filling their shelter with canned food over this are the same people who stood and applauded over Bush's Guest Worker Program and Reagan's amnesty program.
Obama Hosts GOP Senators Looking Amnesty Cause Conversion

According to NumbersUSA (2010), on Tuesday, President Obama hosted Republican Senators looking to convert GOP Senators to his Amnesty cause.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:37 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
"Comprehensive immigration reform" by any other name.
= new voting block for Progressives in 2012 and a giant step toward the North American Union.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:03 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
People are just mad and think it's "no fair" that someone who came here illegally ever get to stay here and become a citizen without first "going home and getting in the back of the line". Not only is having everyone leave a near impossible task to undertake but there is nothing stopping our country from changing it's rules and regulations for granting citizenship anyway.

While I'm not for a blanket amnesty I do support a targeted amnesty and complete reform of how we deal with illegals who insist on staying here....no support at all, that's not our job.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:17 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Senators Challenge Pres. Obama on Possible Executive Order Amnesty - Patriotic Resistance (http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/senators-challenge-pres-obama - broken link)

If this BS comes to pass we will truly be living in a Dictatorship!!!

It will be the end of the Country as we know it, time to impeach this Traitor that REFUSES to secure our Borders and Has foeign invader interests as His main priority.
I wonder if they sent this same letter to Bush regarding the Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2006.... all of them were around, I believe.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 AM

563 posts, read 518,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People are just mad and think it's "no fair" that someone who came here illegally ever get to stay here and become a citizen without first "going home and getting in the back of the line". Not only is having everyone leave a near impossible task to undertake but there is nothing stopping our country from changing it's rules and regulations for granting citizenship anyway.

While I'm not for a blanket amnesty I do support a targeted amnesty and complete reform of how we deal with illegals who insist on staying here....no support at all, that's not our job.
Gather them up and ship them out. Get wayyyyyyy in the back of the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration