U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Sigh. I fear this is becoming a losing battle.............
That's what they want us to think, so we'll just give up and not believe in our freedom to fight and voice our demands on all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,502,792 times
Let me get this straight: You all are discussing an article about amnesty published on a website called "NumbersUSA" that advocates reducing the number of immigrants, that is, the article linked above comes from an anti-immigration website...

That's akin to quoting an article on the lower intellectual ability of African-Americans on some KKK website and believing the contents of the article to be true.

I am the last person to support amnesty, but let's keep sources in mind...

Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 PM

12,734 posts, read 7,355,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Why do you always state the obvious as if that is going to change our minds about how we feel about this? Just because a President has the legal ability to do something doesn't mean it is right, especially when the majority do not agree with it.

You act like you are the legal voice of reason up in here all the time.
If you want to use "Majority" as a bolster for your position then you must acknowledge that the majority voted for Obama to be our President.

And yes, he is the voice of reason in a pandora's box of misinformation and fear mongering.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:54 AM

2,847 posts, read 1,850,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Let me get this straight: You all are discussing an article about amnesty published on a website called "NumbersUSA" that advocates reducing the number of immigrants, that is, the article linked above comes from an anti-immigration website...

That's akin to quoting an article on the lower intellectual ability of African-Americans on some KKK website and believing the contents of the article to be true.

lazy? google it, it is on dozens of websites

Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
where does it say that in the Constitution?

It is tradition for victorious nations to grant pardons to the defeted combatants and the civilian residents. En Masse.

And if a Nation can forgive War Crimes, how can it not forgive Crossing a border without proper documentation?
C'mon now....

Are you really, truly, this nearsighted and without a shred of acuity regarding the issue of illegal immigration?

I mean, sometimes when I read your stuff, I feel like I have to be on Candid Camera or something.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,850,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
C'mon now....

Are you really, truly, this nearsighted and without a shred of acuity regarding the issue of illegal immigration?

I mean, sometimes when I read your stuff, I feel like I have to be on Candid Camera or something.
yep, you got it, not fooling anyone, advocate in sheeps clothing

Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post

It's now also being reported by Fox News.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Obama won't be happy until he has turned the USA into a 3rd world Communist Dictatorship. He's driving us in that direction nationalizing everthing in arms reach while doing nothing to secure our borders or enforce current immigration law. Yes, I do believe Obama is a racist and that he intends to divide this country over race. His actions (and books) speak for themselves.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If you want to use "Majority" as a bolster for your position then you must acknowledge that the majority voted for Obama to be our President.

And yes, he is the voice of reason in a pandora's box of misinformation and fear mongering.
So, because a majority voted for Barack Obama, that means that everything he does is right and what everyone wants? Come on now, people get elected all the time and start doing things in office that their voters passionately disagree with.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,011,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
So, because a majority voted for Barack Obama, that means that everything he does is right and what everyone wants? Come on now, people get elected all the time and start doing things in office that their voters passionately disagree with.
Exactly right.
We're not a democracy, the tyranny of the majority that is, we're a constitutional republic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or