U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:01 PM

15,536 posts, read 29,296,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
All they see is future democrats, income tax money, social security tax money. More bodies to TAX TAX TAX. We're in debt, if you don't think this is motivating the amnesty, think again.
These people aren't going to pay any taxes. But they are going to take all the free money and benefits that they can possibly get (medicaid, food stamps) which is OUR tax money paying for THEM.

While it may be true that LEGALLY he has the right to do this (by the way, I did not read the article, I'm just going by what the other posters said)...I think that him doing this is sacrilege.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 11:13 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,697,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
So, because a majority voted for Barack Obama, that means that everything he does is right and what everyone wants? Come on now, people get elected all the time and start doing things in office that their voters passionately disagree with.
He won by 4.3% of the vote....when you factor in the independent candidates and write-ins, that's hardly a majority. Fewer people in the country actually wanted him in office than those who did not.

Just a little FYI for all those who believe their guy Barack crested into the White House on an overwhelming nod from the American people.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 AM

364 posts, read 184,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
So, because a majority voted for Barack Obama, that means that everything he does is right and what everyone wants? Come on now, people get elected all the time and start doing things in office that their voters passionately disagree with.
i voted for obama cause palin scared me more
jan brewer for prez

Old 06-24-2010, 08:37 AM

10,401 posts, read 8,369,026 times
Anything and I mean Anything for more Democrat votes, including giving your county away!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:42 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,579,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
i voted for obama cause palin scared me more
jan brewer for prez
The thought of Joe Biden as President scares me.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,114,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The thought of Joe Biden as President scares me.
They all scare me!

Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 AM

1,157 posts, read 3,262,570 times
A Presidential pardon would just excuse them of the crime of illegally entering this country. EO can't provide them with green cards. Even if it where attempted it would create a huge semi-legal squatter population. Obama would be an idiot to try it. His replacement in 2012 would recind the order anyway.

I have a feeling hispanic special interests are leaning on him heavily on this one. Since they(i.e. Rep. Guitterez of IL) won't get their amnesty through congress, they will threaten Obama to do something, anything. I know they blame Obama for not leaning on congress to pass an amnesty. What they don't realize is that no matter how much "leaning" the President does, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!

The baffoons are looking desperate now after what happened in Arizona. I would be surprised if the recent talk of recinding birth-right citizenship in Arizona is really what has spawned this whole thing.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:00 PM

39,077 posts, read 23,197,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Unfortunately it IS believable, that's the sad thing.

I take that back - this is INSANITY. Obama is prepared to use an EO to push through an amnesty for illegals while denying unemployed AMERICANS benefits?
Unfortunately, what is believable, but a travesty, is that people are so willing to abandon reason.

These senators wrote a letter. They said they'd heard "rumors".

Rumors that a President who was so politically savvy that he started as an unknown and beat out several well-established, well-known, well-funded candidates to be elected President, that President, is now willing to commit political suicide.

Why would they give any credence to such an insane rumor? Oh, they didn't. They don't believe for a minute that the President is going to do this. But those clever Senators do believe that millions of people who willingly jump on any bandwagon that is critical of the President will believe it. And that by creating another source of false outrage, they are helping Republicans everywhere as we draw closer to November.

Tragically, they are right. Our President isn't stupid. He's not going to do this. But Republicans want you to believe it. Even if to believe it you have to suspend reality. And that's terribly, terribly sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or