U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:33 AM

35,000 posts, read 23,246,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0815 View Post
Nothing. I thought so.
Typical... it's everything. This hasty referendum is a fine example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 11:40 AM

5,037 posts, read 2,207,565 times
Lets just cut to the chase. Obama and the rats that still follow him like he's the Pied Piper, dont want the border secured. Obama has admitted it himself, if he secures the border, then itd be harder for him to push his agenda on immigration through. Another act of treason as far as im concerned. Youve got his refusal to accept help in the oil disaster/refusal to give state governors what they need...and now this. The guy is committing treason. His actions show an absolute refusal to protect the United States and Americans in these instances.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 PM

2,086 posts, read 1,343,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
I hope so but the federal govt & obama are going to fight it with our tax dollars. Go figure!
If the entire USA does this, then they would have to sue themselves! love it!
Maybe I would just stop paying taxes, like the other half of the country! Then I won't be funding them to fight.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:05 PM

24,330 posts, read 16,396,405 times
Talking .

Next thing you know they’ll be closing down all the Mexican food places in town. What,,, no tacos, burritos, chips and salsa I’d have to move to the southwest. lol Archie Bunker is on the move again.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM

8 posts, read 12,742 times
I support Nebraska. And Arizona. For me it goes even beyond economics and crime. The main thing to remember is that illegals have not been screened medically for communicable infectious diseases. They pose the biggest medical catastrophic threat this country has ever seen. For the life of me I don't understand why those in charge don't understand this. Legal immigrants receive a medical screening. Obviously illegal immigrants don't. That's a real problem.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:32 PM

2,545 posts, read 508,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Next thing you know they’ll be closing down all the Mexican food places in town. What,,, no tacos, burritos, chips and salsa I’d have to move to the southwest. lol Archie Bunker is on the move again.
maybe not such a bad idea

ALIPAC - Illegals bring new disease outbreaks! Who's cooking your food?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:29 PM

17,447 posts, read 14,103,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The people of Fremont, Nebraska will be in for an unpleasant surprise when their vote is overturned by the courts...

In the 1990s, the city of Burlington, Vermont decided to do something about a problem with homeless people, and came up with a novel solution: any homeless person in Burlington would be given a free airline ticket to anywhere else in the United States they wanted to go. This proposal wound up in court, where it was overturned on some technicality. The real reason for the defeat was that cities around the US were worried that places with many more homeless people than Burlington (New York, Miami, others you can surely name) might adopt the same strategy...and they didn't want those homeless people within their borders.

Does anyone doubt that this legal precedent is going to be applied to Fremont?
Most of these laws are being created to try to get "You know who and his administration" to actually do something about this mess. Amnesty isn't it either, by the way.

Homeless != Invaders from mostly South of the border.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:20 PM

11,501 posts, read 8,452,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I do not like Mexican food anyway.

Most Mexican food places are nasty and dirty and I would not eat there even if I did like it.

And I wont eat anyplace that does not have English as its official language. If they want my business they need to learn my language and America language which is English.

In most cases we can probably shut them down anyway due to the health violations and of course you will find a few illegals working there.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:37 AM

29 posts, read 70,400 times
There's something very wrong with this mindset of hate, but in an economy just recovering from the stench, bloodshed and greed of the 8 years before this administraton, I suppose all one can do is pick on illegal Hispanics. I too believe they should be legalized and as soon as possible, but not the ones who aren't working, nor those who have committed crimes other than being here. They aren't taking anyone's jobs either. If you truly believe that, then please post a credible link as proof.

Additionally, who caused the economic disaster we are facing? Did someone say illegals? Try some American terms such as subprime mortgages, Maddow, and shall I go on? Or shall I add BP to the list? I can actually provide a link if you want. Hispanic people are hard workers, deeply religious, love the family unit, and only want what we all do, which is make a good living, send our kids to college and be a productive member of society. Did they go about it the right way? No. But with such incredibly long waiting lists to get into this country, they didn't want to take that chance. Don't forget, their country is in a state of violence and drug murders, (much of which was supported and instigated by American drug pushers) why would any of you want to send them back there? Do I believe we need to stop the flow coming in? Hell yes! Touching on how illegals don't contribute to our economy, it's true the illegals may not pay taxes, but they do buy their groceries here, they do pay utilities, purchase autos, gasoline, buy homes, go out to eat, etc. This money goes into our economy. So, they aren't living here scott free at all. But, now thanks to Fremont, they will be, because they won't be able to find work or a place to live, and instead of leaving the country, they will just flood the Social Services there. You know why? Because their American children have the right to food stamps, medical care, schooling, and a place to live and it's all going to be for free now Not such a smart move after all Fremont.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 AM

2,349 posts, read 3,525,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Hope it catches on soon. Illegals are bankrupting the country.
Only because our librals are giving them everything..

Lets see.. I am a Democrat and I want their vote but yet I do not them to take union jobs away?? Lets just put them on the dole!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration