Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
True, but I travel with an immunization record with my passport.

So do most people from western nations.
Yep, me too....

Old 06-24-2010, 01:36 PM

11 posts, read 28,730 times
This may have something to do with illegal immigration, but I doubt it, since they manage to squeeze their way and mooch off the system enough to get free medical care. This is most likely cause by crazy nut job celebrities and their vaccination views. Take Jenny McCarthy for example. Whooping cough is rampant now in California- where everyone want to be just like celebrities!!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmomandwife View Post
This may have something to do with illegal immigration, but I doubt it, since they manage to squeeze their way and mooch off the system enough to get free medical care. This is most likely cause by crazy nut job celebrities and their vaccination views. Take Jenny McCarthy for example. Whooping cough is rampant now in California- where everyone want to be just like celebrities!!
Unlikely. The illness has to originate somewhere and since the majority of American children are vaccinated while illegal alien children more often are not, it becomes a simple matter of exposure.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
It is a perfect storm: people who have not been immunized coming to this country and U.S. parents choosing not to have their children immunized:

Is Vaccine Refusal Worth The Risk? : NPR

Measles Outbreak Triggered by Unvaccinated Child - US News and World Report

Old 06-24-2010, 10:23 PM

640 posts, read 1,731,660 times
Keep in mind that there is a relationship between this and the anti-vax movement.

"We know for a fact that in Sydney Australia, where the antivax movement was quite strong in recent years, pertussis gained strength, and several babies died, including Dana McCaffery. She was four weeks old when pertussis took her.
Four weeks.
Meryl Dorey, the head of the now-happily-defunct Australian Vaccination Network — a fringe but vocal vaccine denialist group — said all sorts of horrid things about vaccinations, all of which were incorrect. She distorted the truth, ignored evidence, and used every means at her disposal to terrify parents into not vaccinating.
Jenny McCarthy and the recently-disgraced Andrew Wakefield are also vocally spreading false information about vaccines. The result is that they are aggressively giving diseases like pertussis, measles, rubella, and even polio a chance to come back."

Whooping cough now an epidemic in California | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I call bullsh*t.

There have been millions of legal entries into the United States since the inception of the Pertussis vaccine in the mid-1940s. By the late 1970s, Pertussis declined to an all-time low of 1,010 cases in the entire country.

Pertussis is now an epidemic in California, and is on pace to break a 50-year record for infections and deaths for the year. As of June 15, California had 910 recorded cases of the highly contagious disease, and five babies -- all under 3 months of age -- have died from the disease this year. This year's surge in whooping cough cases is a fourfold increase from the same period last year, when 219 cases were recorded. At least 600 additional cases of pertussis are currently under investigation by local health departments.

California and Arizona are the illegal immigrant capitals of the United States. Illegal immigrants from SOB have a much lower immunization rate than do citizens. Legal immigrants are REQUIRED to be immunized before they are allowed into the country unless they can prove prior immunization. Hell, I had to be immunized before I could start four year college simply because my pediatrician died 20 years ago and I couldn't produce records of immunization.

http://www.thesocialcontract.com/pdf...e/xiv-1-12.pdf

Health professionals have been warning of this for years, but greed, the desire for cheap labor, and the never-ending, optimistic prospect of millions of brand spanking new Democrat voters, have caused the powers that be to turn a deaf ear to the health concerns of those in the know. Never mind that diseases, heretofore eradicated in the United States, are now number one with a bullet on all the communicable disease hit parades.

Rampant, unchecked, illegal immigration: rise in PREVENTABLE contagious childhood diseases as well as tuberculosis.

Coincidence?

I think not.
paragraph 2...
Quote:
Pertussis is now an epidemic in California, and is on pace to break a 50-year record for infections and deaths for the year. As of June 15, California had 910 recorded cases of the highly contagious disease, and five babies -- all under 3 months of age -- have died from the disease this year. This year's surge in whooping cough cases is a fourfold increase from the same period last year, when 219 cases were recorded. At least 600 additional cases of pertussis are currently under investigation by local health departments.

sorry were missing the link. where is the hard, scientific data that links the two.

one does not prove the other[anecodotal evidence].

paragraph 3...
Quote:
California and Arizona are the illegal immigrant capitals of the United States. Illegal immigrants from SOB have a much lower immunization rate than do citizens. Legal immigrants are REQUIRED to be immunized before they are allowed into the country unless they can prove prior immunization. Hell, I had to be immunized before I could start four year college simply because my pediatrician died 20 years ago and I couldn't produce records of immunization.
nice try...

Old 10-30-2010, 11:25 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
OOh the horror, to think we might actually give out some free medical care...Whooping cough is not rampant(cdc lies) spread by nut jobs who think celebrities should take the blame.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:53 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
OOh the horror, to think we might actually give out some free medical care...Whooping cough is not rampant(cdc lies) spread by nut jobs who think celebrities should take the blame.
Immunizations are and should be low cost. They protect the public from dangerous and potentially deadly diseases. Illegal migrants frankly have very little excuse for socially destructive and inexcusable non-vaccination compliance. Most municipalities are run by the sane and promote vaccination. Parents can often easily protect their parents from both crazy people and infectious disease at very little cost at local clinics.

No child should be admitted to school unless they can provide proof of immunization or medical reasons why they should be exempt. The ludicrous assertion that the "CDC lies" should not be an acceptable excuse nor should an idiotic screed by Jenny McCarthy and her fellow equally stupid followers.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM

11 posts, read 28,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post

But why should I have to pay for it?? I pay for my own kids medical care!! I shouldn't have to pay for others!!

Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 PM

286 posts, read 535,231 times
Quote:
But why should I have to pay for it?? I pay for my own kids medical care!! I shouldn't have to pay for others!!

With my so called employer cheesy medical care, I have to pay for some vaccines myself. I don't make enough money to cover everyone else when I have to pay for my own children's innoculations and they are not cheap. So how come these criminals get theirs free? And don't tell me to get a new job, there's not much here in California since we have so many illegals working jobs that our own would be grateful to have.

A friend of mine had pertussis a few years ago. It's a terrible disease, luckily she barely made it through but for the rest of her life, she will have breathing problems.

Thank you to the U. S. government for keeping us safe from diseases we honestly didn't need to worry about so much anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration