U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Some will Tar and feather you for this post.
My daughter who is Autistic was by all measures advanced for her age. Learned to talk and toilet train early. Was daddy's girl to the core.
She got her immunizations at 18 months. That night she was running a fevor if memory serves of 103. We called the doctor and they told us to give her a cool bath and monitor. Call if the bath didn't work.
Well her temp dropped and we thought all was fine.
1 day after her shots.
Her language skills were gone. Not another word was spoken for 4 years.
Her toilet training was gone. This took another 15 years.
Then of course the stemming behaviors, the obsessions, self injurious behaviors etc.
Now some will tell me that it was a coincidence. Some will accuse me of being anti-vaccine. Not at all. I just question the wisdom of lumping more than 1 shot together or not waiting until the brain is more fully developed.
Do I trust the word of the AMA? The CDC? The pharmaceutical companies?
Never again.

 
Old 12-07-2010, 03:49 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Reputation: 2345
Lousy sources by paranoid tin foil hatters only make a convincing argument to the highly gullible and utterly uninformed.

Far better sources:

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia:

DTaP: Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis Vaccine | The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

National Institutes of Health:

DTaP immunization (vaccine): MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

American Academy of Pediatrics:

http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/vaccine-preventable-diseases/pages/Whooping-Cough-(Pertussis).aspx?nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR%3a+No+local +token (broken link)
 
Old 12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
 
12,431 posts, read 14,565,228 times
Reputation: 14137
The most dangerous vaccine | What Doctors Don't Tell You
 
Old 12-23-2010, 08:23 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17694
I don't have an issue with giving any care. What I want is a simple question asking who to send the bill to.

We should be sending a summarized yearly bill to Mexico and Guatemala (and other Countries).
 
Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't have an issue with giving any care. What I want is a simple question asking who to send the bill to.

We should be sending a summarized yearly bill to Mexico and Guatemala (and other Countries).
The problem with that would be that those countries would claim they can't monitor the movements of everyone of their citizens and that it is up to us to secure our own borders and really they would have a point in that. What we should do is deduct the amount of the costs of these illegals from any aid that we send these countries.
 
Old 12-23-2010, 09:42 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Yeah don't trust the guy with the medical degree and the training in science. Don't trust years of history. Don't trust years and years and years and years of falling infant mortality rates.

Trust ill informed people with internet access.



Because you'd never question your mechanic but of course you know more than your board certified pediatrician! You googled it so it must be true.

Whooping cough is not only dangerous but contagious. Babies face all kids of complications including death and mental retardation if they contract it. Even adults who get it face after effects such as asthma and broken ribs. The vaccine is cheap and effective. It should be subsidized and offered to every single person in America. Send the bill for illegal migrants to their home countries but don't neglect basic public health measures.
 
Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 AM
 
12,431 posts, read 14,565,228 times
Reputation: 14137
whooping cough vaccine is also dangerous. Babies can face all kinds of complications including death and mental retardation if they get it.the vaccine is cheap, but not effective. It should be banned and never given to a baby again.Blaming illegal migrants for the health of one of the worlds wealthiest nations is laughable.,
 
Old 12-23-2010, 11:11 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
whooping cough vaccine is also dangerous. Babies can face all kinds of complications including death and mental retardation if they get it.the vaccine is cheap, but not effective. It should be banned and never given to a baby again.Blaming illegal migrants for the health of one of the worlds wealthiest nations is laughable.,
The only statement in this post that's true is that vaccines are cheap. The rest of your assertions are pure nonsense. The whooping cough vaccine has very few side effects. Babies aren't dying from the vaccine. They're dying from lack of access to the vaccine.

The World Health Organization (a much more reliable and rational source than the usual parade of ill informed crazy websites that most anti-vax nuts bring up) estimates deaths from whooping cough at nearly 200,000 in 2008 alone.

Whooping Cough Symptoms, Vaccine Schedule, Side Effects and Pertussis Treatment by eMedicineHealth.com

I'm normally quite anti subsidized anything for illegal migrant crowd. But vaccines are very low cost and should be offered to everyone. Without them we all face risks from unvaccinated individuals. No one should die or get maimed from vaccine preventable diseases when cheap and effective measures are available.

Subsidizing immunizations even for illegal migrants protects every American from highly dangerous and contagious illnesses.
 
Old 12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The only statement in this post that's true is that vaccines are cheap. The rest of your assertions are pure nonsense. The whooping cough vaccine has very few side effects. Babies aren't dying from the vaccine. They're dying from lack of access to the vaccine.
The World Health Organization (a much more reliable and rational source than the usual parade of ill informed crazy websites that most anti-vax nuts bring up) estimates deaths from whooping cough at nearly 200,000 in 2008 alone.

Whooping Cough Symptoms, Vaccine Schedule, Side Effects and Pertussis Treatment by eMedicineHealth.com

I'm normally quite anti subsidized anything for illegal migrant crowd. But vaccines are very low cost and should be offered to everyone. Without them we all face risks from unvaccinated individuals. No one should die or get maimed from vaccine preventable diseases when cheap and effective measures are available.

Subsidizing immunizations even for illegal migrants protects every American from highly dangerous and contagious illnesses.
Exactly! My son, who will be 19 in February (wow time flies), received ALL required (and suggested) inoculations, including whooping cough, and he has yet to encounter a problem. I think it’s safe to say, he survived those “dangerous” vaccines.
 
Old 12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Reputation: 3083
So, it's my understanding that kids have to have their immuzation records presented at the time of enrolment - in both schools AND daycares. How do illegals get around this requirement which is MANDATORY for every other child in our country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top