U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:13 PM

364 posts, read 184,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
Good post Carol. You're right that it will play out in court. I think that there is broad agreement that sec 1227 concerns civil provisions and unlawful presence is enforced as a civil provision of federal law.

1070 treats unlawful presence criminally per section 3. To me it is unarguable that this is a conflict.

Others have ignored what I've written and continued to restate the same things over and over. Some criticize those that oppose 1070 as having not read it while at the same time not reading available information themselves.

If I'm shown to be in error or have missed relevant facts, then I want that pointed out and I will reconsider my opinions or admit my error. The same courtesy has yet to be extended by the other side.
if you are here legaly
things are ok
if an ilegal alien
oh well
tha laws will be gettin much
meaner soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 04:21 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,092,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
4. MYTH: S.B. 1070 is unconstitutional because it intrudes on the federal government's power to enforce immigration laws. Only the federal government has the authority to enforce federal immigration laws.

This myth is correct, but lets review what Arizona is doing with Az SB 1070, Arizona is writting immigration law, there is the difference. Arizona does not have that right. So there are 9 common myths regarding 1070.

Well perhaps when the government starts enforcing immigration laws, the states will back off! Until then, the states have a right to protect themselves. Get IT???!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Indeed!

Where is the outrage against the violation of the Second Amendment?

Only laws that constrict the flow of drugs, cheap labor, and potential Democrat voters hit the top 10.

Hypocrites, all of 'em.

Liars, thieves, and whores! Carry 'em out NUDE!
Carry all the libs out nude and then tar/feather them. I can think of the first offender on this thread that I'd start with first.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Why would a state have to write its own immigration law to enforce Federal immigration law?
I know that you're an illegal alien sympathizer and all, but are you daft as well? Geez to holy crap!!! The states are enforcing federal immigration laws because the feds won't do it themselves!

Quit pretending to be for laws when we all freaking know you are for breaking the laws regarding immigration in this country!!!

: smack:

Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
and you continue to not understand...all States can, and do, follow[enforce] federal immigration law.

there is no need to write a law if you wish to enforce existiing Federal law.

you continue to miss that point, Arizona can enforce Federal immagration law, but they can not write their own versions.
And you continually, continually CHOOSE to ACT as if you misunderstand.....

Old 06-26-2010, 09:41 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
And you continually, continually CHOOSE to ACT as if you misunderstand.....
Best to ignore him he'll never grasp reality unless he stops reading the DailyKos, Huffington Post, and watching MSNBC and CNN.

Remember liberals have limited understanding of states' rights

Old 06-26-2010, 10:28 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Well perhaps when the government starts enforcing immigration laws, the states will back off! Until then, the states have a right to protect themselves. Get IT???!!!
what do you mean, "States have a right to protect themselves"?

What evidence do you have that shows that Federal Government is not enforcing Immigration laws? What is the outcome you want form the "enorcement". Sounds like to me, that you are gauaging the performance of the federal government to the undefined quatity of undocumented aliens in each state? is that correct? Zero aliens in a state means the Feds are "enforcing" immigration laws?

What laws do you see that the federal government is not enforcing that will bring the US to that Zero sum you are seeking more quickly?

and if I could ask, do you really think that AZ SB1070 is gong to bring you to your Zero sum all that much quicker? If the State of Arizona has about 500,000 aliens, How many Traffic Stops would Arizona LEOs have to affect to reach that Zero sum you seek?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 PM

406 posts, read 417,122 times
Quote:
E-verify is a federal program with its provisions and regulations...please read the E-Verfy manual in PDF form from the federal government...I have.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedoc...ify_Manual.pdf

The Legal Arizona Workers Act

Old 06-27-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
The Legal Arizona Workers Act
is what?

Old 06-27-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
I know that you're an illegal alien sympathizer and all, but are you daft as well? Geez to holy crap!!! The states are enforcing federal immigration laws because the feds won't do it themselves!

Quit pretending to be for laws when we all freaking know you are for breaking the laws regarding immigration in this country!!!

: smack:

Quote:
What hard evidence do YOU have that I am for breaking any law? When Have I ever avocated that?

all your "Holy-craps" and "freakings" and typing in BOLD text are ineffective...FACTS! have them in hand. Otherwise, your posts are like "Cartoons" to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration