Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 08:31 AM

4,420 posts, read 5,151,002 times

Advertisements

I imagine Obama would have to grant them some sort of "protected status" for this to happen. Has anyone researched to see if this is even allowed on such a wide scale?

Obama would be committing political suicide if he goes forward with this. Even if he does do it, he would end up loosing the next election. His replacement would then recind the order. Definitely would be a stupid thing to do.

I imagine the business community would be fighting this one. They don't need their slaves getting all uppity and such...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 AM

364 posts, read 496,467 times
There isn't an original source here. Let's hold our breath until this is actually even proposed. Shouldn't take long, right?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:04 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,495 times
Simply outrageous. Obama has no shame at all.

No more amnesty, ever.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
There isn't an original source here. Let's hold our breath until this is actually even proposed. Shouldn't take long, right?
This ain't high school, kid. If it's coming from a source close to the white house, it's probably true.

Need I remind you about Hillary supposedly confirming a pending lawsuit against Arizona?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 AM

364 posts, read 496,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
This ain't high school, kid. If it's coming from a source close to the white house, it's probably true.

Need I remind you about Hillary supposedly confirming a pending lawsuit against Arizona?
No, it isn't. Therefore, I would expect critical thinking skills to be in place with fully developed brains.

8 GOP Senators sent something on a rumor. That is all this is at this time. What source? Honestly, this is meaningless at this point.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
» On Immigration, Either Obama Or Sen. Kyl Is Lying

Not sure about the source but when you scroll down, McCain's video is quite interesting.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:57 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
This comment says it all.

Quote:
"...It’s the question no one from the press is asking. Who is lying?..."

This here's one of them "Tie-Goes-To-The-Runner" calls. If the press ain't askin', you can guess who's lyin'.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM

Well, this just confirms Obama is lying through his teeth...impeach this traitor!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM

425 posts, read 366,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Well, this just confirms Obama is lying through his teeth...impeach this traitor!
I think what you mean is defragment DC and in order for that to happen they have to be allowed to put themselves in a position to be overthrown. It is coming and I estimate a huge drop in US population.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:15 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
And while I always consider the source, I also believe that these sort of "rumors" don't start in a vacuum. Somewhere in the origin is a thread of truth.

FOXNews.com - Source: Administration Weighs Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay
Quote:
The Obama administration has been holding behind-the-scenes talks to determine whether the Department of Homeland Security can unilaterally grant legal status on a mass basis to illegal immigrants, a former Bush administration official who spoke with at least three people involved in those talks told FoxNews.com.

The issue was raised publicly by eight Republican senators who wrote to the White House on Monday to complain that they had heard the administration was readying a "Plan B" in case a comprehensive immigration reform bill cannot win enough support to clear Congress.

The White House would not confirm or deny the claim. But the former Bush official said the discussions are real.

"The administration at the very minimum is studying legal ways to legalize people without having to go through any congressional debate about it," the source said, calling the senators' claim credible. "Whether somebody pulls the trigger on that, that's another issue."

Last edited by Kele; 06-24-2010 at 05:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration