U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:27 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Great Idea!!!!!!! Only one problem. About half the illegal immigrants arn't from Mexico. What are they gonna do in Mexico when the're originally from Ireland on an expired student visa?
40% are visa overstayers (that would include a portion from Mexico and other points south of our border). Of the other 60%, 80% of those are from mostly Mexico and other points south of our border. Regardless of either catagory they all need to be sent back to their homelands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 PM

47 posts, read 96,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Great Idea!!!!!!! Only one problem. About half the illegal immigrants arn't from Mexico. What are they gonna do in Mexico when the're originally from Ireland on an expired student visa?
Majority of them the the southwest, especially Arizona, a war zone, are mexicans and they are the ones causing most of the illegal aliens crimes. Gangs and drugs.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,706,653 times
It sounds just like what the White 'Christians' did to Native Americans. I don't take the initial poster as serious; I think he's being facetious.

If you want people to immigrate legally then beat those right wing politicians in the head. It's the corporation agriculture and meatpacking industries that actively RECRUIT, and hire them. Those industries know they have a labor pool that doesn't understand the language, and laws of the land. Easy to take advantage of, abuse, and still earn an extra dime.

A question for the people who are so against the Mexicans: Why are you attacking the people and NOT the source? Another question: Our borders have been wide open since 1492 with floods of illegal criminals getting off of their nasty, disease infested boats from Europe. Then of course, there were those Europeans who immigrated for a better life. And the people already in America screamed like banshees about them. Oh the Irish, oh the Germans (research what fat old Ben Franklin said about the Germans) oh the Italians (WAPS, anyone?) and on and on and on. Now, White America are crying about the Mexicans. Why are people screaming about Mexicans? Lastly, Mexicans only account for about 1/2 of the the people here illegally. The rest are from Europe and other parts of the world.

I'm Native American so I've been sitting back witnessing: What goes around comes around. You Mexican haters are going to lose the immigration battle. Trust me, just look at the American history from the perspective of the Indigenous. Once the flood starts there's no stopping flow.

If one wants to be serious about illegal immigration then overhaul the system. Devise a plan for amnesty. Develope a plan for guest workers where those guest workers are paid fairly, treated fairly, and the corporation agriculture and meatpacking industries have to tow the line. Develop a system that can track those who are here on visas.

Most who are screaming about Mexicans are not serious about truly repairing the immigration system and just want to whine.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 AM

364 posts, read 184,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
It sounds just like what the White 'Christians' did to Native Americans. I don't take the initial poster as serious; I think he's being facetious.

If you want people to immigrate legally then beat those right wing politicians in the head. It's the corporation agriculture and meatpacking industries that actively RECRUIT, and hire them. Those industries know they have a labor pool that doesn't understand the language, and laws of the land. Easy to take advantage of, abuse, and still earn an extra dime.

A question for the people who are so against the Mexicans: Why are you not attacking the people and NOT the source? Another question: Our borders have been wide open since 1492 with floods of illegal criminals getting off of their nasty, disease infested boats from Europe. Then of course, there were those Europeans who immigrated for a better life. And the people already in America screamed like banshees about them. Oh the Irish, oh the Germans (research what fat old Ben Franklin said about the Germans) oh the Italians (WAPS, anyone?) and on and on and on. Now, White America is crying about the Mexicans. Why are people screaming about Mexicans, who just happen to be indigenous to much of what is now America? Lastly, Mexicans only account for about 1/2 of the the people here illegally. The rest are from Europe and other parts of the world.

I'm Native American so I've been sitting back watching what goes around comes around. You Mexican haters are going to lose the immigration battle. Trust me, just look at the American history from the perspective of the Indigenous. Once the flood starts there's no stopping them.

If one wants to be serious about illegal immigration then overhaul the system. Devise a plan for amnesty. Develope a plan for guest workers where those guest workers are paid fairly, treated fairly, and the corporation agriculture and meatpacking industries have to tow the line. Develop a system that can track those who are here on visas.

Most who are screaming about Mexicans are not serious about truly repairing the immigration system and just want to whine.
there aint no such thing as a native american
tha indian came from other places
we all came from africa back in tha day
black white chinese indian etc
which means nothin now
tha flood of ilegal aliens is being stoppd
trust me

Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
there aint no such thing as a native american
tha indian came from other places
we all came from africa back in tha day
black white chinese indian etc
which means nothin now
tha flood of ilegal aliens is being stoppd
trust me
That's worked out real well, so far, ey?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:43 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post

Yes the illegal alien chamber of commerce, an arm of the republican party, is trying to keep the illegal alien flow of illegal labor coming. On the other hand you fail to mention the marxist amnesty democrats who are trying to amnesty these uninvited unwanted illegal aliens into a democratic voter bloc to engineer a permanent democratic majority that would keep the marxists in power for decades.

Quote:
A question for the people who are so against the Mexicans: Why are you attacking the people and NOT the source? Another question: Our borders have been wide open since 1492 with floods of illegal criminals getting off of their nasty, disease infested boats from Europe. Then of course, there were those Europeans who immigrated for a better life. And the people already in America screamed like banshees about them. Oh the Irish, oh the Germans (research what fat old Ben Franklin said about the Germans) oh the Italians (WAPS, anyone?) and on and on and on. Now, White America are crying about the Mexicans. Why are people screaming about Mexicans? Lastly, Mexicans only account for about 1/2 of the the people here illegally. The rest are from Europe and other parts of the world.
These unwanted unvited illegal mexicans are the face of the illegal alien invasion and are here ruining our schools, over crowding our prisons, overwhelming our welfare system, and abusing our foolish citizenship laws with anchor babies.

Quote:
I'm Native American so I've been sitting back witnessing: What goes around comes around. You Mexican haters are going to lose the immigration battle. Trust me, just look at the American history from the perspective of the Indigenous. Once the flood starts there's no stopping flow.
I'm part native American too but I'm not a victim like a lot of native Americans..

Quote:

How about comprehensive illegal self deportation? CISD. When we've passed enough tough on the scumbag employers of illegals laws/tough on the illegals laws which will then be rigidly enforced by STATES such as Arizona, we know the corrput fed gov isn't going to enforce immigration laws, the unwanted ininvited illegals who can't find work or live here will have no choice but to go home.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:03 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,245,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
great plan, one little problem[slight glitch really]...where would you house 12 million people? you would need a detention center the size of the L.A. basin with all the infrastructure and services already inplace.

nice try...keep um commin. ideas are cheap-reality cost
LA Basin,, Sounds good to me! When can we start?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
In the prisons the feds built for the illegals that are sitting empty.

Quote:
They also can clean the roads
This would only create another "you owe me" attitude.

How about have them clean up the desert landfills/trash trails they created themselves on there way here?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
I would just stop rewarding them with all kinds of government handouts for coming here illegally and breaking the law. I would stop all talk of amnesty and the big citizenship rewards. And prison terms for those bringing them in - the human traffickers and the employers.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:24 PM

I still would like to know what to do the 50% of the illegals who are from everywhere but Mexico.

Until people are serious about the lobbyist who pay off the politicians who turn a blind eye to rich (corporate) America this issue will remain.

Do you truly not see these politicians and corporate America has you right where they want you? Dumbed down to the point where all your energy is wasted on fighting with the people on the other side of the issue. Do you think your 100 buck or five buck contribution to Joe Blows campaign competes with Con-Agra? Iowa Beef? BP? Tyson? or any huge corporation. You are fooling yourself and playing right into their hands. They are glad to let you fight with others who have zero power to change anything. Welcome to reality.

@Roguer: I bet your great-great-great granny was a Cherokee princess, too, enit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or