U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 02:14 PM

20 posts, read 15,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
What did your grandparents did, exactly, in order to emigrate to America? Did the mexican government give your grandparents money and a map?
Hahaha no, my family arrived to Mexico and Mexican gov helped us to get a life in MEXICO, so i'm typing this msge from Mexico City, inside my house =D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 02:15 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofodt View Post
Hahaha no, my family arrived to Mexico and Mexican gov helped us to get a life in MEXICO, so i'm typing this msge from Mexico City, inside my house =D
Sounds like they did it legally. This isn't about legal immigration. This is about illegal aliens in America.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:23 PM

20 posts, read 15,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Sounds like they did it legally. This isn't about legal immigration. This is about illegal aliens in America.
I understand your possition about this subject, but please remember where you came from. It's all i ask.

And no, they didn't do it legally.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:22 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
I'm against Arizona's immigration law and

1) I'm not illegal
2) I was born in Mexico but my family is european
3) I'm not a terrorist
4) I'm not stupid

I'm against illegal immigration but that law is just racist.
Now that's an Oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:25 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,971,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Now that's an Oxymoron if you ask me.
not really, someone can be a legal resident of the US be born in mexico to european parents, not be stupid or a terrorist

Old 06-26-2010, 03:33 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Do you really think there are only immigrants from Latinamerica? Really?? There are immigrants from France, England, Russia, Spain, Germany, Australia, etc. and do you REALLY think police is going to STOP THEM while they are walking down the street?
Of course there are illegal aliens in this country from all over the world but what you fail to grasp is that the police won't be stopping anyone for just walking down the street. Regardless of your ethnicity the only way you will be stopped is during the infraction of a law. When valid I.D. is provided there will be no questions about status in this country. The only ones in jeapardy would be those in our country illegally regardless of who you are and that is because they wouldn't be able to provide valid I.D. such as a DL or state I.D. I don't understand the constant spin on this Arizona law.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not really, someone can be a legal resident of the US be born in mexico to european parents, not be stupid or a terrorist
In otherwords: Dual Citizenship.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
When my family arrived to Mexico after the WW II, i could say that my grand parents were sort of immigrants too, but Mexico supported them and helped them to get a life and it happened with all the other immigrants so that's why it's kind of hard for me to understand why some people are against helping other human beings no matter where they come from.
We do this for LEGAL immigrants. We have laws against illegal immigration and so does every other country in the world including Mexico today. What was acceptable around WWII has nothing to do with what is acceptable today.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:37 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,971,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
In otherwords: Dual Citizenship.
or naturalized perhaps?

Old 06-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Something just doesn't sound right here. I think we have a Troll trying to pick an argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or