Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:53 PM

364 posts, read 495,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePeople View Post
The holes you leave with your sympathy are the gateways to the abuse of this nation.

I'm sorry people thought it was ok to have as many babies as possible on the American tax payers dime. I'm sorry they are slowly building a cult movement to take back their "land". I'm sorry that none of the opposers to SB 1070 have ever marched in Mexico to fight for Mexicans rights there.

I'm sorry our sympathy has been exploited, under appreciated and used against us.

I'd say it 30 million times if it makes you feel better.

Cant have it both ways in todays world. Unless you believe our policy makers are that sharp? That they can write laws specifically for each persons personal experiences. Sorry, I dont have the faith. After years of abuse a blanket policy has been adopted. It's neither knee jerk or offensive to anyone but illegals.
No we can't pass millions of different laws, but we can leave room for discretion by ICE and judges. We can't pretend to know all the circumstances and relevant information for all hose unlawfully present so when the time comes allow that can access that information to make the decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 10:01 AM

6 posts, read 7,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I've never met anybody who was "pro-illegal immigration."

That's probably why you get so few answers to questions like this.
I have to agree with you. For example, I have seen tons of illegal immigrants that are really just here to support their families, and they honestly don't do anything wrong (I have been far into Mexico and I realize why they come here). But then, we see so many illegal immigrants that are taking advantage of the american life (example: smuggling drugs, living off the system, etc.). So I think that so many people get torn between those 2 issues.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:12 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,389,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra21 View Post
I have to agree with you. For example, I have seen tons of illegal immigrants that are really just here to support their families, and they honestly don't do anything wrong (I have been far into Mexico and I realize why they come here). But then, we see so many illegal immigrants that are taking advantage of the american life (example: smuggling drugs, living off the system, etc.). So I think that so many people get torn between those 2 issues.
If you remember, illegal immigration wasn't a big issue, that is, until (1) the Law breakers, drug smugglers, welfare dependants,Id thieves, system cheaters and those that think they're above the law(and more) started out weighing those who (2) only violated the law by enter this country illegally.

Now that (1) has given (2) a bad reputation and buried practicall out of sight. it's very hard for legal US citizen who has been effected or caught in the middle of this to stand around doing nothing. On top of that, watch our President and US Government REFUSE to enforce laws that are already on the books.

But you think there should be an exception to all of this. Do you want to sort the "not so bad" illegals from the illegals that think "breaking laws in the US is the norm"?

It's obvious that your not effected by illegal immigration yet. Congrats. Enjoy it while you can

Old 06-26-2010, 01:43 PM

20 posts, read 18,272 times
I am against illegal immigration (i am mexican) but i really doubt that the US economy could stay up without all the immigrants that work for much less than the legal pay, who would do that work for that salary?

Old 06-26-2010, 01:50 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,648,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofodt View Post
I am against illegal immigration (i am mexican) but i really doubt that the US economy could stay up without all the immigrants that work for much less than the legal pay, who would do that work for that salary?
Yes, we can. We've rounded up and deported illegal aliens a few times already. Each time had a positive outcome.

It is the MENTALITY of this country today that we are too limp-wristed to employ tough jobs. "Jobs that Americans won't do"? is rubbish, plain and simple. It's the media that are saying it so we wouldn't object like the sheep we are.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I'm against illegal immigration but that law is just racist.
For the love of god, please tell me how that is "racist", when it is a carbon copy of federal laws in place for over 80 years?

Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 PM

When my family arrived to Mexico after the WW II, i could say that my grand parents were sort of immigrants too, but Mexico supported them and helped them to get a life and it happened with all the other immigrants so that's why it's kind of hard for me to understand why some people are against helping other human beings no matter where they come from.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
For the love of god, please tell me how that is "racist", when it is a carbon copy of federal laws in place for over 80 years?
Do you really think there are only immigrants from Latinamerica? Really?? There are immigrants from France, England, Russia, Spain, Germany, Australia, etc. and do you REALLY think police is going to STOP THEM while they are walking down the street?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
When my family arrived to Mexico after the WW II, i could say that my grand parents were sort of immigrants too, but Mexico supported them and helped them to get a life and it happened with all the other immigrants so that's why it's kind of hard for me to understand why some people are against helping other human beings no matter where they come from.
What did your grandparents did, exactly, in order to emigrate to America? Did the mexican government give your grandparents money and a map?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Do you really think there are only immigrants from Latinamerica? Really?? There are immigrants from France, England, Russia, Spain, Germany, Australia, etc. and do you REALLY think police is going to STOP THEM while they are walking down the street?
Oh, you're one of them people who never bothered to read the facts.

The law did not specific race. It covers illegal aliens of ANY country.

Unless they are caught breaking the law, police cannot stop anyone on the street for any reason. Belonging to a race does not constitute a probable cause, either. You will NOT be stopped for walking down the street minding your own business.

Go read the facts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration