U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:02 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How can I be playing stupid when I have read such comments (coconut and vendido) in Hispanic websites? No, I don't know for sure if Robert meant "la raza" in reference to Hispanics in general or the organization NCLR but I was just telling you that many people do refer to Hispanics in general as "la raza". I see when the truth smarts it makes you start telling people in here what they can and cannot say in here. Sorry, but you're not a moderator so I won't be following your commands.
If youre gonna talk the talk...cite those sites. cite any site that "La Raza" calls any hispanic a coconut.

this is not a command...this is a straight-up challange.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:07 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If youre gonna talk the talk...cite those sites. cite any site that "La Raza" calls any hispanic a coconut.

this is not a command...this is a straight-up challange.
The Hispanic Business Forum is just one example. However, you would have to become a member and search for those exact words when they were used. Even one of their moderators has called Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration those words in there.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 AM

15 posts, read 34,700 times
If I am allowed to give my opinion as Hispanic Latin American (Venezuela), I believe that illegal inmigration must be stopped before things gets worse.

Low cost labor is what keeps this going on, but I do not agree with illegals bringing their "customs" and trying to overtake the country as if they have the right to do so.

Most people from my country that enters the U.S. are well prepared and wants a change in life, improving their condition, and even though we are mostly European descendants (I myself and wife and kids italian-german-spanish descendants) our general customs are very much Northamerican alike, we even have mostly U.S. TV cable programs, to say the least. Most franchises are U.S. companies, for example.

But when I see that most Mexican, Central Americans, and some south american inmigrants do, I can not but hate that low cultural "customs" like gangs, loud noise, rude behavior are being blamed on to ALL latin americans inmigrants.

I lived in Texas while studying in the 80`s and. because I do not look like the average "latino", but white, and, more important, lived under the american customs and way of living, never had problems, even though when I spoke spanish, nobody took me as chicano.

If, I could get back to the U.S. for living, I would live like an american, leaving my customs behind, speaking ENGLISH as primary language and leaving spanish at home, for example. I would be the guest there, not to impose other customs but respecting the way U.S. citizens live.

By the way, in Venezuelans`case, most of them are living the country because the actuaal regime is heading toward Comunism pretty fast, and most of us do not want to.

I would go to live to the U.S. again in the blink of an eye, but only LEGALLY.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 AM

364 posts, read 184,416 times
Quote:
How can I be playing stupid when I have read such comments (coconut and vendido) in Hispanic websites? No, I don't know for sure if Robert meant "la raza" in reference to Hispanics in general or the organization NCLR but I was just telling you that many people do refer to Hispanics in general as "la raza". I see when the truth smarts it makes you start telling people in here what they can and cannot say in here. Sorry, but you're not a moderator so I won't be following your commands.
la raza means traiter hispanic ppl
in my eyes
tha ones who want
tha usa turnd into broken mexico

Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
The Hispanic Business Forum is just one example. However, you would have to become a member and search for those exact words when they were used. Even one of their moderators has called Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration those words in there.
Im sorry I cant give you a Forum where anyone can post ideas as an official "La Raza" site.

Hispanic Business Forums

Old 06-27-2010, 04:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Im sorry I cant give you a Forum where anyone can post ideas as an official "La Raza" site.

Hispanic Business Forums
I never said that the forum was an official NCLR site. It is a site where Hispanic ethnocentrics (la raza = the ethnic group) hang out and call other Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty, "coconuts and vendidos".

Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
All I'll say before I close this thread is that very few arguments that appear here haven't been used here before, ad nauseam. The vast majority of these arguments, whether coming from the pro's or anti's is based not on fact but on opinion, generalization and ignorance.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration