U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:46 AM

77 posts, read 67,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Why is it that a black male from a "disadvantaged area" is considered "ghetto black?" I think that is kinda shady to open the thread up like that. How are you just going to blanket someone like that?
Underlying racism perhaps? Don't quote me on that.

I would like to see offenders put in jail for life for exploiting desperate people that came to live in USA legally and illegally.

Anyway leaving Australia in 2 days ahhahahah omfg I cant wait to get home. I had enough of this oil rig.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
It would be blacks because most whites wouldn't do menial labor. They would, but they would do it only as a temp thing.
Ever hear of the Great Depression, there Sparky? The Oklahoma Dustbowl, sharecroppers, the search for jobs and dignity by millions of Americans, regardless of skin color?

Hard work and menial labor are blind to skin color.

There have been times in my past when I would do just about anything to feed my kids and keep a roof over their heads--and I have. Like picking cantaloupe in 100+ degree Texas heat for hours a day (likely increasing my chances for skin cancer later in life), construction clean-up, maid work in motels, washing dishes in restaurants, ANYTHING to keep money coming in.

There are millions of unemployed Americans in this country who would do any sort of work as long as it paid a living wage. This isn't about skin color, it's about the creation of a "worker/slave/indentured servant" class in this country by elitists, and the bleeding heart attempts to insure that it stays that way. What more effective way to erase the middle class in this country than to put millions of illiterate slaves to work at the jobs the middle class used to do, for a fraction of the cost.

By the way, I for one am offended by the use of the term: "ghetto blacks" unless we're willing to come up with and use a similar derogatory phrase for disadvantaged people of every other ethnic category.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Why is it that a black male from a "disadvantaged area" is considered "ghetto black?" I think that is kinda shady to open the thread up like that. How are you just going to blanket someone like that?
Well - it could be that it wouldn't make sense to ask why "suburban blacks" aren't taking the jobs illegals take because they would be most likely already employed. And rural blacks probably find work or else they move to the city.

The thing is - there is such as thing as ghettos and high unemployment of black youths. But to me the real question should be if these unemployed inner city black youths are ever recruited to these jobs - how would they get to the work site if they wanted? And the little "habla usted espanol? question disqualifies many from these jobs.

The real reason is that illegals can be paid illegal wages and won't object to living in substandard living conditions. If they have to sleep 14 men to a slum apartment floor without adquate plumbing, they won't complain. Yes they'll work 14 hours a day for $5 an hour and no overtime - because if they speak up, they'll be threatened with deportation.

Should any Americans have to compete with a foreign and illegal cheap labor workforce?

Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
By the way, I for one am offended by the use of the term: "ghetto blacks" unless we're willing to come up with and use a similar derogatory phrase for disadvantaged people of every other ethnic category.
Definitely there are similar and more derogatory phrases for poor whites.

Redneck, white trash, hillbilly, trailer park trash, southern white - people get called those terms all the time.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,470,571 times
Quote:
I take issue with the label as well. I grew up relatively disadvantaged (no father around, qualified for reduced lunch in school, surrounded by drugs and crime for a good portion of my upbringing), and I may be a lot of things, but "ghetto black" isn't one of them.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 AM

12,738 posts, read 7,358,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Definitely there are similar and more derogatory phrases for poor whites.

Redneck, white trash, hillbilly, trailer park trash, southern white - people get called those terms all the time.
You left out Honky, Cracker, and my personal favorite, Peckerwood.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:01 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Redneck isn't a term for the level of lifestyle you have. There are millionair rednecks. example: Reba McCintire is from MaCalister, Oklahoma. and proudly considers herself as a redneck, as do many Country singers.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Redneck isn't a term for the level of lifestyle you have. There are millionair rednecks. example: Reba McCintire is from MaCalister, Oklahoma. and proudly considers herself as a redneck, as do many Country singers.
It was supposed to be about lifestyle. It started as a slur against rural white people, mainly hard working farming types - their necks were red from working outdoors, necks exposed because of the hard work they did while the sun beat down on them.

The problem with slur words for whites is that whites will tend to wear any such label with pride. Now you see people boasting of being white trash - even songs about white trash culture. Whites refuse to become victims is why I think.

You name a restaurant "Cracker Barrel" and the whites will flock to it. But other groups will file lawsuits.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:14 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You left out Honky, Cracker, and my personal favorite, Peckerwood.
I don't have a favorite deragatory name for any race/ethnic group but if peckerwood does it for you.....

Old 06-27-2010, 03:17 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It was supposed to be about lifestyle. It started as a slur against rural white people, mainly hard working farming types - their necks were red from working outdoors, necks exposed because of the hard work they did while the sun beat down on them.

The problem with slur words for whites is that whites will tend to wear any such label with pride. Now you see people boasting of being white trash - even songs about white trash culture. Whites refuse to become victims is why I think.

You name a restaurant "Cracker Barrel" and the whites will flock to it. But other groups will file lawsuits.
Right on! Apparently only whites have a sense of humor and don't live off the victimhood mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or