U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:26 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Yes, I read it...the kid didn't kill or rape anyone, so IMO, he didn't deserve death.
Had "the little illegal" killed someone, or even pointed a gun at the BP agent, then yes, the BP agent would have had the right to use deadly force to protect himself.
Some of this talk reminds me how a lot of the elderly still talk about blacks....they still use that term..."They're going to take over."
I'm appalled that people think we should use these people for target practice.
He and his pack of thugs were trying to kill the border agent. Is the only satisfactory outcome the death our our agent?

You come to the border and stand there and allow big rocks to be hurled at yourself if you believe no one can be killed by stoning them to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 11:26 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Had "the little illegal" killed someone, or even pointed a gun at the BP agent, then yes, the BP agent would have had the right to use deadly force to protect himself.

You really don't seem to get it at all.

Do you not think that rocks thrown are not potential deadly weapons? Would you like to have been out there being tormented by a horde of Mexicans throwing rocks at you? The agent had EVERY right to defend himself!

I am sick of people not appreciating the Border Patrol (yes, there are a few bad apples in that organization, but.....) for the hard, thankless job that they do. The working conditions are very often harsh and dangerous to boot.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 AM

1,978 posts, read 3,062,776 times
Quote:
Yes, I read it...the kid didn't kill or rape anyone, so IMO, he didn't deserve death.
Some of this talk reminds me how a lot of the elderly still talk about blacks....they still use that term..."They're going to take over."
I'm appalled that people think we should use these people for target practice.

So because he didn't have a "Gun" you see this as unjustifiable? I guess the rocks around your area are "Soft" and feel good when they're thrown at your head?

FYI...A rock is considered a weapon! So the BP have every right to protect themselves!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:29 AM

5,361 posts, read 7,052,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
So because he didn't have a "Gun" you see this as unjustifiable? I guess the rocks around your area are "Soft" and feel good when they're thrown at your head?

FYI...A rock is considered a weapon! So the BP have every right to protect themselves!!!
LOL...must be those "stunt" rocks...

Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 AM

1,917 posts, read 4,225,024 times
Quote:

If you can sleep at night by using that excuse....I'm glad it works for you.
There are other, less deadly areas to shoot a person to disable them...not kill. Apparently this BP guy had the same attitude as you, and made an example out of the boy. Nice.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He and his pack of thugs were trying to kill the border agent. Is the only satisfactory outcome the death our our agent?

You come to the border and stand there and allow big rocks to be hurled at yourself if you believe no one can be killed by stoning them to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
You really don't seem to get it at all.

Do you not think that rocks thrown are not potential deadly weapons? Would you like to have been out there being tormented by a horde of Mexicans throwing rocks at you? The agent had EVERY right to defend himself!

I am sick of people not appreciating the Border Patrol (yes, there are a few bad apples in that organization, but.....) for the hard, thankless job that they do. The working conditions are very often harsh and dangerous to boot.

Glad to see there's a few sane people around.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
If you can sleep at night by using that excuse....I'm glad it works for you......I sleep very well,with a .45 in the night stand too.

There are other, less deadly areas to shoot a person to disable them...not kill. Apparently this BP guy had the same attitude as you, and made an example out of the boy. Nice....Spoken like a true Liberal!

Old 06-26-2010, 12:04 PM

364 posts, read 184,317 times
Quote:
If you can sleep at night by using that excuse....I'm glad it works for you.
There are other, less deadly areas to shoot a person to disable them...not kill. Apparently this BP guy had the same attitude as you, and made an example out of the boy. Nice.
a rock hittin your head
can kill you
even if tha bp used a bean gun
that can kill as well
a person can die by stoning

Old 06-26-2010, 12:06 PM

364 posts, read 184,317 times
Quote:
You're right,I miss understood it.
its all good
my best freind back in tha day was a hispanic dude
his ppl came here legaly
i want to say peru but dont remembr

Old 06-26-2010, 01:38 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Border Security

Agent Aguilar was attempting to deploy a set of tire deflation devices to stop a suspected smuggler who was attempting to evade our agents and escape into Mexico across the Imperial Sand Dunes in the Yuma Sector area. The suspect, driving a Hummer, accelerated his vehicle and intentionally swerved into Agent Aguilar.

were attempting to apprehend four or five undocumented aliens. Agent Gamez's body was recovered from the canal the next morning and it was presumed he had fallen into the canal and drowned. A few days later, the Bexar County Medical Examiner's report revealed Agent Gamez had been choked, probably with a board, and dragged to the canal by an assailant or assailants unknown. He was dead when he was thrown into the water.

Agent BullBoxer31 was responding to suspicious activity in an area notorious for alien and drug smuggling when he was shot and killed by unidentified assailants. The murder occurred in a remote border area near Campo, California.

As Agents Rodriguez and Ricardo Salinas walked back to their vehicle, the suspect emerged from a cornfield and began firing on them and the other law enforcement officers on the scene. During the ensuing gun battle, Agents Rodriguez and Salinas were killed. Agent Rodriguez was the first female agent in the history of the United States Border Patrol to lose her life in the line of duty

Agent BullBoxer31 was responding to suspicious activity in an area notorious for alien and drug smuggling when he was shot and killed by unidentified assailants. The murder occurred in a remote border area near Campo, California.
It is interesting to see you picked hispanic surnames to paste onto your post. Are you hinting at something?

Perhaps the criminals felt more enraged to run into their own kind on the opposite side and decide to murder them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or