Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:10 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I'm sure he was receiving money which went to help support his family....who here wouldn't do anything to make sure you could feed your family?
While illegal immigration is a problem, I can't see how anyone can be happy about the death of a boy....is this our solution...just kill them all? And those who do feel that way...are you religious?

So you're condoning ILLEGAL activity as long as it's justified ( feeding your family)? Would it have been any different if it were a 35 yr old? The BP have their lives endangered every day whether it be a kid or an adult. Maybe if the kids parents were more responsible he wouldn't have been doing this. Remember,"Little Johnny" wasn't so innocent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 10:10 AM

8,619 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
There are thieves in every race,don't try and turn this into a race issue.

I've had a hispanic work for me and he stole a bunch of eqpt. from me and then disappeared. My g/f is hispanic and is a very hard working,trusting person.Her father came here from Mx. and learned English,got himself a good job with GM and worked his a$$ off and set a good example for his kids.
He wasn't turning it into a race issue, in fact, he stated that more and more people think all Hispanics are thieves, which is sad because most legal Hispanic people are OK.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
So you're condoning ILLEGAL activity as long as it's justified ( feeding your family)? Would it have been any different if it were a 35 yr old? The BP have their lives endangered every day whether it be a kid or an adult. Maybe if the kids parents were more responsible he wouldn't have been doing this. Remember,"Little Johnny" wasn't so innocent!
I've never seen in any article on this case the family was relying on their child to feed them. They may have enjoyed the money from trafficking, or may be they didn't - but I haven't seen he was even giving them the big money he was receiving from his criminal activities.

I think the bleeding hearts like to quickly justify all criminals by imagining they did all their crimes for all the right reasons, including trying to kill a border agent -- and we should forget the border agents are trying to feed their families and their deaths shouldn't matter.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
He wasn't turning it into a race issue, in fact, he stated that more and more people think all Hispanics are thieves, which is sad because most legal Hispanic people are OK.

You're right,I miss understood it.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:50 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,831 times
Quote:

We don't give the death penalty to people who do this sort of thing...yet that was his sentence. I highly doubt the kid was doing it to buy shoes...apparently you don't know how people live in poor countries.
I wouldn't condone illegal activity....but I wouldn't have murdered the boy either.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Border agents have a very dangerous job, some of the most violent criminals in the world intend to make it into the USA and the money in their drug shipments means more to anything to the criminals, they would kill their own mothers for money. Anyone who thinks otherwise should volunteer to stand on the border in a green uniform and see how long it takes before the rocks or bullets kill them.

The deaths people should be angry about:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Border Security

Agent Aguilar was attempting to deploy a set of tire deflation devices to stop a suspected smuggler who was attempting to evade our agents and escape into Mexico across the Imperial Sand Dunes in the Yuma Sector area. The suspect, driving a Hummer, accelerated his vehicle and intentionally swerved into Agent Aguilar.

were attempting to apprehend four or five undocumented aliens. Agent Gamez's body was recovered from the canal the next morning and it was presumed he had fallen into the canal and drowned. A few days later, the Bexar County Medical Examiner's report revealed Agent Gamez had been choked, probably with a board, and dragged to the canal by an assailant or assailants unknown. He was dead when he was thrown into the water.

Agent BullBoxer31 was responding to suspicious activity in an area notorious for alien and drug smuggling when he was shot and killed by unidentified assailants. The murder occurred in a remote border area near Campo, California.

As Agents Rodriguez and Ricardo Salinas walked back to their vehicle, the suspect emerged from a cornfield and began firing on them and the other law enforcement officers on the scene. During the ensuing gun battle, Agents Rodriguez and Salinas were killed. Agent Rodriguez was the first female agent in the history of the United States Border Patrol to lose her life in the line of duty

Agent BullBoxer31 was responding to suspicious activity in an area notorious for alien and drug smuggling when he was shot and killed by unidentified assailants. The murder occurred in a remote border area near Campo, California.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
We don't give the death penalty to people who do this sort of thing...yet that was his sentence. I highly doubt the kid was doing it to buy shoes...apparently you don't know how people live in poor countries.
I wouldn't condone illegal activity....but I wouldn't have murdered the boy either.
If you check out the pictures of the youth after the shooting, you will see he had a rather expensive pair of shoes.

Mexico is not really a very poor country and the traffickers are not at all poor. There's big money in trafficking of humans and drugs. It's not the poor people of Mexico doing these crimes, you see them willing to work in maquilas, doing the not-too-exciting jobs. The traffickers and their families are scum. Money is all they care about.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:

Have you even read the article?

EL PASO, Texas — A 15-year-old Mexican boy shot and killed by a U.S. Border Patrol agent was among El Paso's most wanted juvenile immigrant smugglers, according to federal arrest records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The records show Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca had been arrested at least four times since 2008 and twice in the same week in February 2009 on suspicion of smuggling illegal immigrants across the U.S.-Mexico border. Hernandez was repeatedly arrested along the U.S. side of the border near downtown El Paso, not far from where he was killed, but was never charged with a crime by federal prosecutors.

Sounds like a model citizen to me!

Some witnesses said a group of people on the Mexican side were throwing rocks at the agents. Agents are generally permitted to use lethal force against rock throwers

So the BP are under attack from MANY rock throwers,is their life not in jeopardy here too? I guess if one of them were killed it's ok,let the little ILLEGAL run free!

I bet you'd feel different if this was YOUR backyard!

Border Invasion Pics - Videos and photos of suspected border intruders entering the US

Old 06-26-2010, 11:12 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
It is sad that a life was taken when it could have been saved by just following the law. The good news is that this actually is starting to send a message. We're serious about not letting the illegals leech our system dry. We are getting serious for real security. Most of all, we are getting serious about our protection.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:18 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,831 times
Quote:
Have you even read the article?

EL PASO, Texas — A 15-year-old Mexican boy shot and killed by a U.S. Border Patrol agent was among El Paso's most wanted juvenile immigrant smugglers, according to federal arrest records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The records show Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca had been arrested at least four times since 2008 and twice in the same week in February 2009 on suspicion of smuggling illegal immigrants across the U.S.-Mexico border. Hernandez was repeatedly arrested along the U.S. side of the border near downtown El Paso, not far from where he was killed, but was never charged with a crime by federal prosecutors.

Sounds like a model citizen to me!

Some witnesses said a group of people on the Mexican side were throwing rocks at the agents. Agents are generally permitted to use lethal force against rock throwers

So the BP are under attack from MANY rock throwers,is their life not in jeopardy here too? I guess if one of them were killed it's ok,let the little ILLEGAL run free!
Yes, I read it...the kid didn't kill or rape anyone, so IMO, he didn't deserve death.
Had "the little illegal" killed someone, or even pointed a gun at the BP agent, then yes, the BP agent would have had the right to use deadly force to protect himself.
Some of this talk reminds me how a lot of the elderly still talk about blacks....they still use that term..."They're going to take over."
I'm appalled that people think we should use these people for target practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration