U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 PM

555 posts, read 738,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And if I remember all those NatGeo documentaries I watched, I believe it is in US dollars and not Mexican pesos. So with that, their only option is to smuggle drugs into the US
I saw those NatGeo documentaries, mostly about inspecting traffic at Ports of Entry. Those showing BP Agents in the field showed them armed with M16's, probably full-auto. Yet you practically never hear of BP Agents confronting armed smugglers and getting in shoot outs. They may get ambushed occassionally, but they are never going to go looking for trouble, although they obviously know where to find it. They must have orders not to challenge armed cartel smugglers. But you will never hear that in the main stream media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,098,644 times
Quote:
"I believe today, under the circumstances that we're facing, that the majority of the illegal trespassers that are coming into the state of Arizona are under the direction and control of organized drug cartels and they are bringing drugs in," Brewer said.
What a Wack-Job.

California, Your Governor has lost His position as The Wackiest Governor in the Land.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:12 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,252,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What a Wack-Job.

California, Your Governor has lost His position as The Wackiest Governor in the Land.
We now have County Supervisors that out rant them in the wackiest elected official in the USA.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:18 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,237,890 times
Quote:
What a Wack-Job.

You know who's even whackier? That Democrat county supervisor from Minnesota

Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,984,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And if I remember all those NatGeo documentaries I watched, I believe it is in US dollars and not Mexican pesos. So with that, their only option is to smuggle drugs into the US
No, their OTHER option is to STAY in their own damn country!!!!

Old 06-27-2010, 01:39 AM

2,471 posts, read 2,028,437 times
This isn't the kind of thing you're going to get accurate statistics on....only people that get caught become part of the statistics.

What she's saying isn't racist, it's a well known fact that the drug cartels take advantage of the people that wish to come here illegally because, they're vulnerable. It doesn't only happen to people who are Hispanic, it applies to anyone that comes here illegally and accepts help from others when they do it. I've known of people here from Russia that have been caught in the same situation.....they entered from Mexico and answer to a Russia cartel based in Sedona.

Last edited by Danno3314; 06-27-2010 at 01:50 AM..

Old 06-27-2010, 05:28 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,806,513 times
Border Patrol agents seem to disagree with her.

Arizona's Brewer: Most illegal immigrants are 'drug mules' - CNN.com

Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,098,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
We now have County Supervisors that out rant them in the wackiest elected official in the USA.
LOL...but AZ still holds the positions of Wackiest Senators and Sherriff.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,183,907 times
Quote:
LOL...but AZ still holds the positions of Wackiest Senators and Sherriff.
Some people's wackies are other people's patriots.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,923,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
She's not wrong. With the economy circling the drain, fewer illegal aliens looking for work are jumping the borders. More and more dangerous criminals are crossing the borders. We need to secure our borders now!
She's not wrong. Where else do people think illegals come up with the $5000 each or more to pay a human smuggler to smuggle them and their children over the border? Anyone who has that kind of money laying around doesn't have to be smuggled over the border.

It isn't as true of the illegals coming over the legal ports of entry with their purchased on the streets laser visas, stolen green cards and those with shopping passes coming over and staying forever.

But the non legal ports of entry are controlled by the drug cartels. The cartels control the border where it's unfenced and easily crossed. You don't do anything without their permission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or