Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 AM

570 posts, read 1,583,298 times

Advertisements

We must secure our borders. The fence needs to be completed asap. Then we need to put several thousand soldiers along the border with weapons which they should be able to use if any illegals breach the border, they should be dealt with immediately. Then we should enforce the law by rounding up ALL illegals and sending them home. Congress should amend the laws to say that anyone born in this country to illegals is not a citizen. They also need to make it a serious crime to hire an illegal. Without jobs and government benefits, many will voluntarily go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I hear you. McCain would have governed close to the same as far as granting amnesty but we would become socialized a little slower. I hate to think about voting for McCain for the senate again, but again where is the choice?
In your primary. You have J.D. Hayworth as an alternative

Old 06-27-2010, 08:01 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
We must secure our borders. The fence needs to be completed asap. Then we need to put several thousand soldiers along the border with weapons which they should be able to use if any illegals breach the border, they should be dealt with immediately. Then we should enforce the law by rounding up ALL illegals and sending them home. Congress should amend the laws to say that anyone born in this country to illegals is not a citizen. They also need to make it a serious crime to hire an illegal. Without jobs and government benefits, many will voluntarily go home.
But....but....according to a certain Peggy West of Milwaulkee there are already National Guard troops on the border in Arizona..........

Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 AM

570 posts, read 1,583,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
But....but....according to a certain Peggy West of Milwaulkee there are already National Guard troops on the border in Arizona..........
Not near enough, we need them on all the borders not just Arizona. And their hands are tied they are only there for looks.

It's time to get serious.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
McCain changes according to the way the political winds blow.

I once cut him a lot of slack because of his military service, but not any more.

Still, he was the lesser of the evils in 2008.

I knew we were in serious trouble when BHO was elected, but it's even worse than I imagined.

I completely agree with this post.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
McCain changes according to the way the political winds blow.

I once cut him a lot of slack because of his military service, but not any more.

Still, he was the lesser of the evils in 2008.

I knew we were in serious trouble when BHO was elected, but it's even worse than I imagined.
thing are going about like i expected them to with obama as president. the minute he started talking about social and economic justice i knew he was a marxist, and that we would be having many problems get far worse.

i agree about mccain though, i held my nose as i voted for him for president. one thing i am happy about though is that obama is president and not mccain. had mccain become president, and did many of the same things, the republican party would have been dead for decades to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
J.D. Hayworth, who is extremely tough on illegal immigration happened. He's challenging McCain for his Senate seat.
i have thought about voting for hayworth, but he is worse than mccain in my opinion. hayworth is a slime ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
actually ms west believes that arizona is far from the mexican border.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:17 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
News, WH to issue new Oath of Allegiance for Pardoned Illegals prior to Nov. 2011 elections:

Quote:
"I hereby declare, on oath,

that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; that I will always vote Democrat for the rest of my natural life; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;so help me Obama."

Old 06-30-2010, 01:36 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
The president is sworn to defend all Americans from enemies foreign and domestic. By refusing to defend our borders Obama has broken his oath. To many, this is an impeachable offense. Forget, for now, the amnesty situation, regaining control of the border is of higher priority. If the Republicans regain at least one of the branches of Congress in November, look for some progress on border control and amnesty will be stalled. If the Democrats keep control of both the House and Senate, only token steps will be taken on border control, and the situation will get worse. In addition, so called "comprehensive immigration reform", which is a buzz word for amnesty, will be pushed hard to be in place in time for the 2012 presidential election. In the meantime, more states will follow the lead of Arizona and Oklahoma, as will individual cities, in thumbing their noses at the Feds and taking their own actions.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:01 PM

383 posts, read 641,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In your primary. You have J.D. Hayworth as an alternative
Yeah but Hayworth also isn't strong on illegals. McCain...no I just can't see myself voting for him. Someone here posted a link that states their voting record on illegal immigration, I can't find the link for the life of me.

Anyone have it?

Old 06-30-2010, 05:06 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
Yeah but Hayworth also isn't strong on illegals. McCain...no I just can't see myself voting for him. Someone here posted a link that states their voting record on illegal immigration, I can't find the link for the life of me.

Anyone have it?
Immigration-Reduction Grades | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration