U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
 
Location: In the desert
2,448 posts, read 1,854,102 times
Reputation: 1063

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I've experienced racism before in Pennsylvania because I used to speak broken English. By the way, racism is a two-way street it's not only whites doing it
Exactly! Because of circumstances beyond my control I have had to move to a neighborhood in Phoenix that I can afford. I have been here about 9 months and have all Hispanic neighbors.
I have tried to be friendly and have gotten nasty looks and have been called some names while getting in my car.

I don't know if it is because of the new law but, I can tell you that I am breaking my lease and moving because I feel tension and I think it is only going to get worse.
Racism exists in all groups of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:31 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No I said "some circles" not most circles.

Well......Ah..... Mohawk Indian . St. Regis, to be more specific. Why should you care?
I care because some Mestizo Mexicans claim their ancestoral tribes were indigenous to the entire continent. No one is indigenous to an entire continent or can lay claim to a whole continent. Since your ancestors were not from the tribes indigenous from south of our border why are you defending illegals from south of our border as if they had some right to be here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 10:26 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,471 posts, read 33,431,905 times
Reputation: 15204
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post
Are you a non white American still getting treated like minorities or second class citizen or worse still they look at you like illegal immigrants ? IF so which part of USA did you experience these sort of treatment?

At Newport Beach or Orange County we do not have racism but for some folks they are experiencing racism.
I would like your input please so I know where to stay away from !!!

I have had in the past a lot of white guys shouting out "where did you steal that car from?" and stuff like that.

I remembered once a white chick walked up behind me and spat one me I had no idea why perhaps because i wasn't white.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post
Yeah that's true my woman is white and she have had a lot of black women or hispanic women called her a white tramp and some other racial slurs.
What a confusing thread!!! First you say that you (we) haven't experienced racism firsthand, then it turns out that both you (non-white) and your girlfriend (white) have experienced racism.

And you ask if any non-white American born C-D members have experienced racism. Then it turns out that your white girlfriend has had black and Hispanic women calling her racial slurs... so your white girlfriend's experiences, being called racial slurs is not just from being non-white.

Non-white people can be just as racist as white people.

Perhaps you both need to be associating with a better group of people. Although, maybe part of your situation is how you act, speak and clothe yourselves. If you act and dress like a punk or a thug, then others are going to assume the worst of you. And if your girlfriend acts and dresses tramp-like, then she's going to be thought of as a tramp by those that don't know her well.

Celebrities get away with acting and dressing like thugs and sl*ts because they are famous and successful (and rich). But when a regular person tries to act and dress like them, it's just not the same. Lady Ga Ga gets away with being outrageous because she is a successful performer who makes a lot of money doing what she does. But take a regular woman acting and dressing like that, and everyone is going to think her crazy and sl*tty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Bayshore Drive Newport Beach
77 posts, read 67,312 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What a confusing thread!!! First you say that you (we) haven't experienced racism firsthand, then it turns out that both you (non-white) and your girlfriend (white) have experienced racism.

And you ask if any non-white American born C-D members have experienced racism. Then it turns out that your white girlfriend has had black and Hispanic women calling her racial slurs... so your white girlfriend's experiences, being called racial slurs is not just from being non-white.

Non-white people can be just as racist as white people.

Perhaps you both need to be associating with a better group of people. Although, maybe part of your situation is how you act, speak and clothe yourselves. If you act and dress like a punk or a thug, then others are going to assume the worst of you. And if your girlfriend acts and dresses tramp-like, then she's going to be thought of as a tramp by those that don't know her well.

Celebrities get away with acting and dressing like thugs and sl*ts because they are famous and successful (and rich). But when a regular person tries to act and dress like them, it's just not the same. Lady Ga Ga gets away with being outrageous because she is a successful performer who makes a lot of money doing what she does. But take a regular woman acting and dressing like that, and everyone is going to think her crazy and sl*tty.

I have not experienced racism in OC but when i go to LA my woman and I will get some kind of racists attacking us from both sides of the fence.

I think since Arizona Law kicked in this is getting out of hand.

White people treat me as if I am an Illegal even though I speak perfect English. Sometimes I speak with Australian / American Accent due to my working and living overseas especially Australia.

Yes I do acknowledge the fact that white people to suffer from racism because my woman cops it from a lot of black and hispanic people. They would look at her and call her dirty names.

I think this Illegal Immigration Issues are getting out of hand lately.

To me the most non racist place is in OC. Newport Beach is a great place you will not suffer from such demeaning treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 AM
 
Location: Mexico City
20 posts, read 15,965 times
Reputation: 15
It's all about respect and education, you act like what you saw while you were growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 AM
 
Location: Arizona
12,739 posts, read 7,360,267 times
Reputation: 6715
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I care because some Mestizo Mexicans claim their ancestoral tribes were indigenous to the entire continent. No one is indigenous to an entire continent or can lay claim to a whole continent. Since your ancestors were not from the tribes indigenous from south of our border why are you defending illegals from south of our border as if they had some right to be here?
You must suffer from comprehension and retention deficit. I've posted at least 6 times in response to your posts, on various threads that I do not support illegal immigration. I've made it clear that I'm against illegal immigration. Just because I'm not in lock step with you and the antis with your narrow minded agenda for solving illegal immigration does not mean I support illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 04:38 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyehard39 View Post
Are you an "anchor baby.? If you are, that will explain it.
since an"anchor baby" is an American, are you saying its ok to treat an American as a sub-class? do you really believe that its ok to treat any American, whether they are black, brown, asian, or who have undocumented parents differently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You must suffer from comprehension and retention deficit. I've posted at least 6 times in response to your posts, on various threads that I do not support illegal immigration. I've made it clear that I'm against illegal immigration. Just because I'm not in lock step with you and the antis with your narrow minded agenda for solving illegal immigration does not mean I support illegal immigrants.
Your posts reflect a justification for the illegal Mestizo Mexicans to be here or to be granted amensty based on their native indian roots. That is where you go wrong. Their ancestoral tribes were not indigenous to the USA. Most of the descendants of the USA tribes do not want amnesty for Mestizo Mexicans nor do they feel they have a right to be in this country which is in direct conflict with your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
since an"anchor baby" is an American, are you saying its ok to treat an American as a sub-class? do you really believe that its ok to treat any American, whether they are black, brown, asian, or who have undocumented parents differently?
They're just as eligible for citizenship from their parent's country and should not be exploited by their parents or anyone as a way to get around the immigration laws or to come here to access the welfare programs.

If mom was 8.5 months along with entering the country, there's no reason to keep her here forever and provide her welfare handouts, and when she returns home (or is returned home) her child should go with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 08:23 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Reputation: 22159
And Cesar Chavez himself - along with the UFW of his day did not support illegal immigration and they understood it was really all for the purpose of keeping wages down and benefits non-existent. And Cesar Chavez did have ancestors in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top